• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

mod the singing sword

• Thread starter ruler_of_albion
  • Start date
R

ruler_of_albion

mod the singing sword

i am not a fable modder.. i mod other games.. i have core fable file on my comp but no explorer... plain and simple.. i want to see someone mod a singing sword into the game and post some screenies

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: mod the singing sword

ruler_of_albion;106103 said:
i am not a fable modder.. i mod other games.. i have core fable file on my comp but no explorer... plain and simple.. i want to see someone mod a singing sword into the game and post some screenies

To serve what purpose?

R

ruler_of_albion

the purpose: lionhead never got around to it.. so like the saying goes
"if you want it done right, do it yourself"

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

so you get someone else to do it?

R

ruler_of_albion

yea cause i dont have fable explorer.. trust me i would do it myself if i could im not demanding someone do it im just trying to get the thought out there

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

so the phrase you used was if you want to do something right do it yourself...but your getting someone else to do it so that phrase dos not apply ( great i confused myself lol

OldBoy

Reaction score

There's a OBJECT_LUTE in the game, guess something could be done with it.
Don't know if you can get it to sing though..

R

ruler_of_albion

HEXADECIMAL FREAKING LISTEN TO ME I CANNOT DO IT MYSELF FFS I AM JUST PUTTING THE IDEA OUT THERE!!!!!! I SWEAR TO YOU IF I EVER AM CAPABLE I WOULD DO IT BUT AT THE MOMENT I CAN NOT!!!

and old boy it looks like some of your mods are for zelda?

H

Hexadecimal

ruler_of_albion;106231 said:
HEXADECIMAL FREAKING LISTEN TO ME I CANNOT DO IT MYSELF FFS I AM JUST PUTTING THE IDEA OUT THERE!!!!!! I SWEAR TO YOU IF I EVER AM CAPABLE I WOULD DO IT BUT AT THE MOMENT I CAN NOT!!!

whoa... can you please calm down?

it was funny, so I laughed... there's no need to get all freaked out here, and I don't appreciate being shouted at in all caps just for laughing... :hmm:

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

nobody loves us hex

R

ruler_of_albion

oh no no no i wasnt shouting lol you will know when i shout i just did it so u would pay attention and i guess it worked huh? lol and srry for making you uncomfortable

OldBoy

Reaction score

ruler_of_albion;106231 said:

and old boy it looks like some of your mods are for zelda?

Hex is just playing with you :D

And no, I don't mod for Zelda, how come you think I do?

(Oh, and I did think of this before, but I'm not sure if the mod's a good idea. Since there'll only be more people thinking it's in the game... :w00t:)

R

ruler_of_albion

well the kukri knife sounds like a forest name from ocarina of time.. and there is also a broken sword in that game.. and sorry people for seeming to yell

H

Hexadecimal

ruler_of_albion;106242 said:
oh no no no i wasnt shouting lol you will know when i shout i just did it so u would pay attention and i guess it worked huh? lol and srry for making you uncomfortable

when you're communicating in text format, speaking in all caps is the same as if you shouted in real life... so yes, you were shouting at me...
and I did pay attention, I can read :hmm:
I was laughing at what andythegill said,because it was funny.
I did not once mention your abilities or whether or not you should be making any mods of any kind.
there was no need to repeat yourself and certainly no need to freak out.

R

ruler_of_albion

i didnt freak out but im about to just drop it please and get back on topic?

K

Kusumura

ruler_of_albion;106244 said:
well the kukri knife sounds like a forest name from ocarina of time.. and there is also a broken sword in that game.. and sorry people for seeming to yell

I would just like to point out that that name you're thinking of is Kokiri. Also that you did yell. But, let's keep it on topic people. Singing Sword. Reckon I mightn't be able to do it myself. Some other guy can =D

C

corestrength420

First and foremost, the singing sword could be made, by using the lute that OldBoy ref'd (or any other weapon)... adding a .ogg/.lut file with music/singing in it to the sound folder in Fable dir. and using FE to edit the Lute to associate with that new .ogg file(fairly complicated process involving new CEntitySoundDef); someone would then need to go in and edit/add def entries and associate them for the Lute(weapon) to work and THEN lastly would need to create a video to upload because a pic wouldn't have MUSIC... now would it? Otherwise it could be just a regular Lute(weapon) added to the game and not a "singing sword", if you want to see a Lute look here.
I am no modding expert, but in my experience a little decorum o_O goes a long way in getting requests completed.
...back to topic...
Any weapon would need to have "the" sound added and I don't believe that FE can create a Mod pack that includes those outside files, at this time, so no FMP... but I agree with previous comments that it's too much confusion, like with the Sandgoose...if LH left it out so be it.
Thanks

R

ruler_of_albion

LMAO nice in depth explanation there.... lol