• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

mod the singing sword

• Thread starter ruler_of_albion
  • Start date
S

Sidewayz

Re: mod the singing sword

ruler_of_albion;106242 said:
oh no no no i wasnt shouting lol you will know when i shout i just did it so u would pay attention and i guess it worked huh? lol and srry for making you uncomfortable
uh hate to burst your bubble but unless ur usin a mic you cant shout over the net my good man but w/e who am i to tell you what you can and can not do

corestrength420;106726 said:
First and foremost, the singing sword could be made, by using the lute that OldBoy ref'd (or any other weapon)... adding a .ogg/.lut file with music/singing in it to the sound folder in Fable dir. and using FE to edit the Lute to associate with that new .ogg file(fairly complicated process involving new CEntitySoundDef); someone would then need to go in and edit/add def entries and associate them for the Lute(weapon) to work and THEN lastly would need to create a video to upload because a pic wouldn't have MUSIC... now would it? Otherwise it could be just a regular Lute(weapon) added to the game and not a "singing sword", if you want to see a Lute look here.
I am no modding expert, but in my experience a little decorum o_O goes a long way in getting requests completed.
...back to topic...
Any weapon would need to have "the" sound added and I don't believe that FE can create a Mod pack that includes those outside files, at this time, so no FMP... but I agree with previous comments that it's too much confusion, like with the Sandgoose...if LH left it out so be it.
Thanks
so i could make it play like "What I've Done" ?if i could do that it is lol

C

corestrength420

<EDIT>Deleted
Sidewayz;112498 said:
so i could make it play like "What I've Done" ?if i could do that it is lol

Yeah, I'd use some classic Cypress, (if ya don't know...:ninja:) but the sound is only a few seconds; depending on what you edit...i.e. if you alter a flourish affect with the sound... you could use a longer rip and then with a trainer, could have it go all battle... could have something like "Flight of the Valkyries":p or Slipknot, either way it could be done.

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

Wow, would be cool with a singing sword :p

R

Rhadiel

if u want to get a singing sword, make it yourself, u can get FE on this site, just use the search function to find it,

A

Avrow

OK for one the singing sword does exist read the description of the master greatsword it says "It almost sings as it cuts through the air!!!!1!!!!!!!!

H

HodgePodge

Wow. These people never fail to amaze me :p Key word here: almost ;) And yes, as a request for someone, I'm in the proccess of making the Singing Sword. Still, it's a fairly difficult proccess, i'm still trying to figure out if FE can access the sound files in the Fable Directory :hmm:

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score

very nice

S

Silver

HodgePodge;114606 said:
Wow. These people never fail to amaze me :p Key word here: almost ;) And yes, as a request for someone, I'm in the proccess of making the Singing Sword. Still, it's a fairly difficult proccess, i'm still trying to figure out if FE can access the sound files in the Fable Directory :hmm:

The Sound files? Or the Music files?

My theory on how it would work is this... you would need to duplicate the animations used. Create new entries with new IDs/Names. Insert new IDs into Sound_Animation bin. Create a new sound pool for animation events I believe these were ingame.met/lug and you can attach any sound to any animation you want. Now if you edit CAppearanceDef I think you can add per type linked inside Cweapondef so it would be swing (whatever) -> call animation -> call sound. Then you could use sounds for almost every interaction with the weapon even blocks/rolls.

But I haven't messed with Fable in months so I'm kinda fuzzy.

Fable Explorer Does not edit .met/.lug/.luts
If they are music you can google for free apps for .ogg (pc) .wma(xbox) The only problem if they use music files is they may be called with a checksum unknown to us? (once again I haven't looked) I discovered the checksum used for the .luts all they were the Text.big name with a prefix SND_ and they generated the checksum lookups via that.

I probably just sound like I'm rambling..blah

H

HodgePodge

Wow, thanks for the help Silver, that really helps me out :D So I shouldn't need to mess with the CEntitySoundDef? Because that thing's been driving me crazy :p

A

Avrow

There is a singing sword it is the master great sword red its description it says "it almost sings as it cuts htrough the air" it has been under everyones noses forever!

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Ok... I'm going to shout...

THERE IS NO ****ING SINGING SWORD!!!!!! SO STOP FOLLOWING A FALSE OBJECT, IT IS A COMPLETE COINCIDENCE AND IS NOT REAL!!!!! TAKE A THIN GODDAMN STICK AND MOVE IT REALLY DAMN FAST AND IT WILL MAKE A WHISTLING/SINGING SOUND THEREFORE INDICATING THE SWORD IS SO AERODYNAMICALLY SHAPED AND IT ALMOST SINGS LIKE THE STICK!!!!!!!!

*Straightens shirt* Ok? Now if you don't get that, I can't help and you are quite possibly retarded. Sorry for the spaz... But people don't listen. But there are bits of evidence that it WAS going to be put in the game, but WASN'T.

Silver, your memory is fuzzy and you still know how to do that? Well that makes me feel so awesome...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I would still love to see a singing sword. ==>> :D :D

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I would too, but it's not there. Don't push my buttons :'(

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Skotekal;114967 said:
I would too, but it's not there. Don't push my buttons :'(
But someone could still make one. I would make one. than I would be filled with girlish giddyness

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I Would make one... but I am very, very bad with 3ds max...

H

HodgePodge

I be making one ^_^ You should see the reskin, it's quite kickass if I do say so myself :p

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

oooooo, show me, show me, show me!!!!!!!!!

H

HodgePodge

Not until it's finished, but all along the blade I've got these musical swirling note patterns :D