• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No armor

What do you think of no armor?

• I like it, it's nice not having everyone just wearing the strongest armor.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it, I think we should be able to spend our money on something that protects us.

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
A

Anthony

Re: No armor

I love it, it can make players unique and not everyone going for the same thing.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Playing a girl, it's much more fun to wear a Will robe over a long skirt, and blouse. I love it. It's funny to watch her fight.:D

D

dagoth_jeff

There's nothing unique about the Fable 2 wardrobe. The clothing is very limited, looks awful, ridiculous, and, if I really had a choice, I wouldn't equip 99% of them.

Different armor pieces and types would at the VERY LEAST add to our wardrobes, and offset the unsightly clothing underneath.

And, if any of you recall, we still have to defend ourselves against melee combat, and creatures? I doubt your noble shirt and vest would successfully ward off a clan of hungry balverines. Just think about it - guns may make it obselete, but guns are the least of your worry when it comes down to it. And having armor of any type, any piece, is BETTER THAN NOTHING. Which is what you are so proudly wearing right now.

And the Ranger Coat doesn't count! I can't believe how horrible this "armor" piece looks.

S

smokering

lol the ranger coat looks like a turtle strapped to a green bin liner

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

dagoth_jeff;226948 said:
There's nothing unique about the Fable 2 wardrobe. The clothing is very limited, looks awful, ridiculous, and, if I really had a choice, I wouldn't equip 99% of them.

Different armor pieces and types would at the VERY LEAST add to our wardrobes, and offset the unsightly clothing underneath.

And, if any of you recall, we still have to defend ourselves against melee combat, and creatures? I doubt your noble shirt and vest would successfully ward off a clan of hungry balverines. Just think about it - guns may make it obselete, but guns are the least of your worry when it comes down to it. And having armor of any type, any piece, is BETTER THAN NOTHING. Which is what you are so proudly wearing right now.

And the Ranger Coat doesn't count! I can't believe how horrible this "armor" piece looks.

With the magic I had I really didn't need armor, that and toughness. Of course I am on the third game, and have found all the neat clothes. They are everywhere. The best are at Fairfax garden if you want to look rich.:)

A

Anthony

I think you can find some good looking clothes.

kilaelya

Lionheart
Reaction score

I wish there was at least armor. Even if it didn't give you any stats. To me running around naked or with fancy clothes does not seem right when I face off mobs. It irks me :(

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

kilaelya;226972 said:
I wish there was at least armor. Even if it didn't give you any stats. To me running around naked or with fancy clothes does not seem right when I face off mobs. It irks me :(

Some of the augs have the strength to protect, I just can't find them.:(

Miekkas

Sissi
Reaction score

Some of the augs have the strength to protect, I just can't find them.:(

Moonfever, you can find the augment Lucky Charm which adds damage to your attacks and makes you resistant to damage at the stone cutter's in Bowerstone Market and sometimes at the gypsy camp one too. If you still cannot find it, simply add me and we can set up a time and place so I can give you one. I don't mind helping folks out.

Soldier By Name

Expert door-kicker-downer
Reaction score

Right now My character is wearing:
(Piece - Primary Dye - Secondary Dye)
Pauper Shirt - White - Black
Pauper Gloves - Black
Highwaymen Coat - Green - Black
Highwaymen Trousers - Black - Black
Highwaymen Boots - Black - Black

It looks pretty good with just about any color combo involving black. lol. I'll take a picture sometime this weekend.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Miekkas;227014 said:
Moonfever, you can find the augment Lucky Charm which adds damage to your attacks and makes you resistant to damage at the stone cutter's in Bowerstone Market and sometimes at the gypsy camp one too. If you still cannot find it, simply add me and we can set up a time and place so I can give you one. I don't mind helping folks out.

Thanks for telling me where it is. I'll have to do that.^_^ If you like to help people out. I would be happy to add you. I hate it when people mess up my npc's.:( Even with the safety on, I get blamed for negative replies, from my friends, and I didn't do it.
Maybe you can help me find them, in my game?

A

Asmodai

The reason why I think there's no armor in fable 2 is simple there's guns , bullets smashing into your plate mail and spreading all the iron shards threw out the impact wound would dramatically increase damage done by bullets to a point where the protection from melee damage isn't worth it that's why there aren't knights any more it got to a point where alot of guys had guns and the knights where getting killed very fast ( there is also many other reasons for the decline of the knight ), Also It is my opinion that they are lame clothes minus the upper class male clothes I feel like im a British red coat when i fight lol its quite fun , also will users robes from fable 1 need to come back I loves those , archmage is lame and a so is the wizards clothes.

M

MayorJoe

I wear gents shirt, pants, explorers boots, carriage gloves, and die all the primary's black. i think it looks classy and badass. I still wish i could use armor tho. Its not like u'd have to wear armor all the time anyway.

A

Anthony

Soldier By Name;227022 said:
Right now My character is wearing:
(Piece - Primary Dye - Secondary Dye)
Pauper Shirt - White - Black
Pauper Gloves - Black
Highwaymen Coat - Green - Black
Highwaymen Trousers - Black - Black
Highwaymen Boots - Black - Black

It looks pretty good with just about any color combo involving black. lol. I'll take a picture sometime this weekend.

I look forward to seeing it ^_^

Miekkas

Sissi
Reaction score

moonfever;227034 said:
Thanks for telling me where it is. I'll have to do that.^_^ If you like to help people out. I would be happy to add you. I hate it when people mess up my npc's.:( Even with the safety on, I get blamed for negative replies, from my friends, and I didn't do it.
Maybe you can help me find them, in my game?

Glad to be of help:)

Well that's no good. It is a shame people do that and ruin what could be an enjoyable experience.:(

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Miekkas;227049 said:
Glad to be of help:)

Well that's no good. It is a shame people do that and ruin what could be an enjoyable experience.:(

Yeah, I had to eject them. I wouldn't do that in their world.:( Unless they wanted me to, which I still wouldn't, I try to play only good. So, I would only be good, unless it was a bloodlust roar or something. It's just 2 or 3 that do that, so the rest of my friends are pretty cool.:)

A

Anthony

I never put random people into my game, who knows what they would do.

Miekkas

Sissi
Reaction score

I admittedly don't play often with random people. Usually I play only with people I know in real life or people I know from sites.