• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OXM hit the fan

V

Verkocht

Re: OXM hit the fan

i never really considered OXM legit anyway. Fable II all the way

J

Jiin

i have never read reviews, nor have i ever really cared for ratings either, but .5 more than fable isnt really a big hastle.

personally i never got into fallout, nor have i had any interest in it at all, and fallout 3 looks like a complete sleeper, the game looks seriously boring IMO

by the way, what was the thing they complained about in fables combat system?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

they compained about targeting a character other than the one they intended. and that "finishing downed foes seems random even if your targeting them". that not really the games fault, thats just them sucking. screw oxm. im just fed up with their crap. fallout looks ok, but not really my cup of tea.

here is an exact quote (skipping to their only complaints)

"....Though its great fun to bash or kick enemies off ledges to their doom, combat is the only overall area where the game notably stumbles. Often, youll target a foe other than the one you intend, and finishing off downed foes seems to be random even if youre locked onto them. while not frustrating, it is annoying. ...."

they just suck at combat is all. the only real reson (in my opinion) they didnt give Fable II a 10 is they are predgudice against it and sided with fallout.

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

Dude OXM are just like Kotaku they speak **** about things that they don't know about then get ****ed on because of it.

Zebinia

Kuahana
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;217187 said:
i just got my copy of OXM, and it had the Fable II review and fallout 3 review in it. i didnt really care for fallout 3, all i care about is Fable II. anyway, i read a wonderful reveiw for Fable II, but they only gave it a 9.5 and the only thing they complained about was the combat. and what they complained about didnt sound like a problem at all, and then they went and gave fallout 3 a 10. :realmad: it just seemed so sick to me. they are obviously just siding with fallout and giving Fable II a lesser score even though Fable II seemed better, if not equal. it was recently asked if anyone thought if Fable II and fallout would have a running battle, and for me the answer is yes. **** fallout 3. OXM needs to stop picking favoite teams, and start reveiwing a game for what it is, not who made it. so **** fallout 3 all the way to the depths of hades! i hate OXM reveiws, they are based on a few peoples opions befor the game is released to the public! so **** OXM and all the other Fable haters! i was planning to get fallout when the price droped, but OXM just set off a war for me, and i am loyal to Fable 100% to the point of worshiping it.

thanks for reading. questions? coments? go ahead.

arguments? not interested.

I can not believe I am reading this. I hardly ever post on this forum but your ignorant post compelled me too. Firstly, a 9.5 out of 10 is a superb score, outstanding in fact. I also read the review and Ryan said that fable 2 was absolutely the best game Peter Molyneux has ever worked on. These are extraordinary compliments and I'm sure fable 2 will be one of the best games I have ever played.
Secondly, you are clearly biased in your assumption. You stated that you purchased the magazine for the fable 2 review and you didn't care at all for fallout 3. If you had done a sufficient amount of research on both games and then came to this conclusion then maybe I would give you more credit, but you obviously didn't.
Finally, Bethesda has made some of the greatest games I have ever seen. Why can't you just appreciate good games when you see one. I'm not going to play favourites, I'm excited for both of these great RPGs and I'm sure they will both keep me entertained for years.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

why cant you go to hell?

seriously OXM sux i stopped buying em coz they suck and are biast sure im being biast but im go so **** you XD, but yeah OXM can suck a cock

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

ok professor. my only real complaint is that oxm is playing favorites. i dont care about fallout. im just one person and have every right to be as ignorant and biast as i want, but oxm should be more professional. im not subscribing to them anymore. im sick of this crap.

edit: not talking to cobalt, he just beat me to the post.

ps, take your analitical **** and go **** yourself.

T

topmen

Fallout 3 is badass too , but fable 2 is the most badass game ever !

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

i really have nothing against fallout, im just sick of oxms biast takes on games. they should both get the same rating. i guess i didnt make that clear in my post. that, or some people just like being analitical smart asses. but thats fine by me, just means more friends for me.

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;217198 said:
ok professor. my only real complaint is that oxm is playing favorites. i dont care about fallout. im just one person and have every right to be as ignorant and biast as i want, but oxm should be more professional. im not subscribing to them anymore. im sick of this crap.

edit: not talking to cobalt, he just beat me to the post.

ps, take your analitical **** and go **** yourself.

There isn't a need for Flaming here TJ we can all be civilized if we try......

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

:'( but i wanna flame at someone.............. and i did try, i tryed really hard. i just cant stand analitical, english purist, ego sentric, self richious pricks. in other words, i dont like assholes. thats my pet pev. ok fine....... i suppose id better let it go befor i get myself banned. that would be terrible. i would cry all day and miss work and just sulk in bead. and fable 2 just wouldnt be the same.... ok im done. i tend to rant, there is no need to take it seriously.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Nontheless, TJ. 9.5 is a great score, and you can't really complain about Fallout 3 getting a perfect 10 if you, as you say, don't care much for it.

I'm sure there are tons of people who are excited about Fallout 3 as we are about Fallout 2, and they'd say that 10 was well deserved.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

9.5 isn't bad. Everyone is entitled to their favorites. I would give it a 10 too, but I love Fable games.:)

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I neve really understewd 1-10 rating is 10 good or perfect thats why fab2 got 9.5 cuz nothing is perfect. im thinking this game will be 10 for awesome fable kept me going for so long and then TLC omg. For me fab's only rival has been halo trilogy

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Zarkes;217214 said:
I neve really understewd 1-10 rating is 10 good or perfect thats why fab2 got 9.5 cuz nothing is perfect. im thinking this game will be 10 for awesome fable kept me going for so long and then TLC omg. For me fab's only rival has been halo trilogy

I agree. I never really understood how a game could get a perfect 10. Because there will always be upgrades in the game mechanics and graphical engines for future games and consoles, so the game will get beat eventually.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Zarkes;217214 said:
Yeah, me to, but that game has a lot of glitches. I only really like the campaign.:( But everyone else wants to play the dlc's. I have to play the dlc's.:'(
Fable is different everytime, so people won't get bored.:)

T

Tymolus

I haven't read all replies and whatnot yet, just wanna quickly comment in disagreement (not argument). Look, 9.5 is an EXCELLENT score. I feel you that one little questionable, um, you know, complaint, lessening it from 10 to 9.5 may seem a little nuts, but man what is there to complain about? 9.5 is great and it's just a review--it doesn't really matter anyway. I'm sure Fallout 3 is incredible, anyway, and the two games, though both RPGs, are worlds apart in terms of function, style, topic, setting, the list goes on. Why make it a battle between them?

Respectable disagreement--that's all. But I do understand to some extent what you're saying. Peace. :)

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

hey......... that was a sensible disagreement. well, that was mostly a rant, but just so long as you understand what im saying its all good. i still think that what they thought was a flaw was just them sucking at the game. :)

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I dunno. I can imagine the targeting system acting up like that. It's not uncommon, and Fable had it's fair share of moments where it would lock onto the wrong things.