• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Velez

Demonic War Lord
Reaction score
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Doomsday 9/10
This movie was so amazingly random. From a modern night infiltration of a boat, to an barbarian ambush on APC's, to sword fights, to a train chase, to a medieval fight against a black knight, to an escape from a castle dungeon, to a car chase with an out-of-place Bentley pitted against a convoy of make-shift death-mobiles, to London being wiped out by an infectious disease. It's crazy. And it's very gorey, which is a plus in my book.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Shrek 2 8/10

Just saw it on TV and it`s a good film. Although it was Estonian dub, I think they did a decent job. I missed Panderas, but the Puss`Estonian voice was decent. Shrek wasn`t that good though.
Anyway, I really liked those various fairy tale characters, especially Pinocchio and his Jackson dance in the end.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :w00t: 10/10

ITS SO AWSOME!

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

The Strangers: 3/10
A movie that is very suspenseful at times, with some creative scare tactics.. but it all comes to a fail with unbelievably stupid characters, that do things that make you put your head down in shame in response to their very low intelligence. The plot is boring and generic.. two lovers live in a house deep in the woods, and get harassed by a mentally ill family... that's all there is, no character development, no personalities to these characters.. nothing. There is no intelligent explanation for as to why these family members are even harassing these people, all we get is "Because you were living here"..

Mirrors: 7/10
This was a horror flick that took me by surprise, there are some rather impressive ideas having been done in this film. But there are unfortunately some unanswered questions, that leave you pondering.. however they'll probably be answered in the sequel. The gory kills in this film are pretty nice in terms of ideas, and the execution is tasteful to watch. The acting is above average, but nothing special.

Let The Right One In: 9.5/10
I found this movie to be really well executed in visual presentation, acting, and plot. I'm not a fan of vampire horrors, but this one is a definite exception that takes a fresh look on the life of two children (ages 12) engaging in romance, with one of them being a vampire. It has some of the vampire clichés, such as weakness to light, the ability to scale vertical surfaces and to glide.. however it is not presented in a ridiculous manner, that would cause the viewer to find it silly.

The character development is deep with impressive acting by both the main children, who appear more mature than one would actually assume. The engaging romance is very intimate with a mature presentation to it, however if you are someone who enjoys action packed horrors.. then you'll be alittle disappointed, as this flick takes things slow.. however there are some disturbing kills in this movie.

Overall, this a very fine film that will only (like a fine wine) get better with age.. My only gripe with this film, is that I wish it was just a little bit longer.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;240775 said:
Let The Right One In: 9.5/10
I found this movie to be really well executed in visual presentation, acting, and plot. I'm not a fan of vampire horrors, but this one is a definite exception that takes a fresh look on the life of two children (ages 12) engaging in romance, with one of them being a vampire. It has some of the vampire clichés, such as weakness to light, the ability to scale vertical surfaces and to glide.. however it is not presented in a ridiculous manner, that would cause the viewer to find it silly.

The character development is deep with impressive acting by both the main children, who appear more mature than one would actually assume. The engaging romance is very intimate with a mature presentation to it, however if you are someone who enjoys action packed horrors.. then you'll be alittle disappointed, as this flick takes things slow.. however there are some disturbing kills in this movie.

Overall, this a very fine film that will only (like a fine wine) get better with age.. My only gripe with this film, is that I wish it was just a little bit longer.

Hadnt heard of that before and i do quite like Vampire flicks. Some good reviews there bro. ^_^

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Fright Night (1985): 7/10
A classic vampire comedic-horror that has every vampire cliché in the book. A story about a teenage boy who suddenly gets a new neighbor, that happens to be a vampire. He witnesses several murders from this neighborly vampire, and sets out to put an end to it.. but unfortunately, nobody believes him. The acting is decent (what you'd expect from your typical 80's horror flick), but there are parts where they over-dramatize their acting on purpose for a comedic effect.. such as exaggerating a cry of "NOOOOOOO". Does it end up being funny?.. Yeah, the comedy delivers, even when it tries to be serious.

It has a nice soundtrack to boot as well. In the end, it's a good movie that has some jumping moments, and provides a good amount of laughter. Definitely worth checking out if you're a horror fan (especially of the 80's).

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Saw V

Plot - Starting from Saw IV, the plot of the Saw series became worse. However, this movie was able to make good use of flashbacks and jumping back and forth between the past and present while keeping my understanding. However, the use of flashbacks was new in Saw III, but became less appealing starting from Saw IV. And for plot twists? They were not nearly as surprising as in the first few movies; you begin to expect them. 6.5/10

Make-up and Effects - As always, for all five Saw movies, the gore was extremely realistic. I enjoyed how so many things related to Jigsaw has to do with turning gears; I expect the characters to stupidly put their fingers between and crush themselves. Ah well, Saw V excelled in this section. Don't all movies with a $10,000,000 budget? Excluding Uwe Boll. 10/10

Soundtrack - Epic win. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQk8VNkAZBw 10/10

Acting - Yes, it's professional. 1/1

27.5/31

88709677419354838709677419354839/100000000000000000000000000000000

Or... 88.7%

T

Tymolus

The New X-Files movie
Rating? SUCKED. SUCKED. DISAPPOINTMENT ALL AROUND.

I don't watch but maybe 1 movie a year though..not a movie fan.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ghosts of Mars: 1/10 (the one is for things that blow up) Utter crap from beginning to end. The whole black-rapper-gangsta-turned-actor-but-typecast-as-dangerous-criminal thing is soooo old...and I've seen better sets on the old Star Trek shows :rolleyes:

Also, that possession thing...reminiscent of Fallen, anyone?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Iron man: 8/10 could have been better and I went the whole movie and dint hear the Ozzy song till the credits.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Autom rush 9/10
i really enjoyed this movie XD, i was ont comp and my mum was watching in the back ground so i kept turning round it gave me a funny feeling in me tummy. i liked enough im watching it again though it dint get the big ten for little or no violence :p

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Airplane! (1980): 9/10
An old comedy that had me cracking up on several scenes of the film. There's alot of different jokes thrown at you about every 5 or so seconds, some you don't even see coming. For a movie released in 1980, alot of these jokes almost seem ahead of their time. Leslie Nielson plays a pretty serious role as an on-board doctor, who will crack the small joke once in awhile, most notably his "Shirley" joke. Overall, it's a fine disaster parody, that's good fun to watch if you have family/friends over.

If I had to pick a favorite joke out of it, it would be the "Cream?" scene.

Young Boy with Coffee: Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee.
Little Girl: Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you.
Young Boy with Coffee: Cream?
Little Girl: No, thank you. I take it black, like my men.

His following reaction kills me everytime.

M

Minorthreat

Angel;240923 said:
Ghosts of Mars: 1/10 (the one is for things that blow up) Utter crap from beginning to end. The whole black-rapper-gangsta-turned-actor-but-typecast-as-dangerous-criminal thing is soooo old...and I've seen better sets on the old Star Trek shows :rolleyes:

Also, that possession thing...reminiscent of Fallen, anyone?

Now Fallen was a great movie. I was looking at Ghosts of Mars this weekend on Netflix, I was trying to decide if it seemed worth a shot. Thanks for the review, I Think I'll pass on it.

We Are Marshall - 7/10 - Based on the Tragic events of a 1970 plane crash that killed almost an entire University football team, coaches, staff and parents. The effect it had on the town, and how they tried to pull it all back together. The cast was great, and believable. I was doubtful of Matt McConaughey for obvious reasons but he was good in this. I think the biggest downfall of the movie was in what they chose to relate of the events that occurred and what they didn't. What I mean by that is it seemed to drag in areas, and I was left wondering if it was really necessary to dwell on some things so much when others events could have been covered.

It is a depressing movie, this is not something you want to watch to be uplifted. Although it has an underlying message of perseverence.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

hancock 9/10 fun exciting and I wish I was as cool as smith

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

God, I loathe Will Smith. He have not done a good movie since Men in Black. Seems that all he does nowadays is trying to show off his shoes in every movie he is in.

Hancock is no different, there are quite a few shots zoomed in on his feet, sometimes in slow-mo.

By the way, did anyone know there's gonna be a sequel?

Footpenis.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I like Will Smith.
Hancock was... the first 40 minutes - just brilliant; after that - really, there has been no other film that has been ruined like Hancock was. The ending is just plain crap.

Oh, I just watched a fraction of (like 10min) of Wall-E.. it was wondeful, I think it might become my favorite 3d animation...

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

Devils Advocate. 7-10 Keanu Reaves and Charlize Theron (that's Neo and Aeon for the Nerds) and Al Pacino. A Successful lawyer named Kevin Lomax Has never lost court case, but darker powers have made sure of this behind the scenes, and his wife, Mary-Ann, is suffering as a consequence.

Keanu makes me laugh whenever i hear him speak, and in this, he's attempting a southern accent. that's even funnier. This a Charlize' Big Screen Debut, and she even gets her kit off. aside from that, she plays the role very convincingly. Al Pacino is just typical, classic Al Pacino. No Complaints there

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Dances with Wolves

10/10.

Just excellent. I like how it showed the other side of what was supposed to be the "thieving devilish" natives. Overall just excellent. Yes, 2 excellents=double excellent.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Mama mia 1/10 i hated it i wanted to die i was FORCED to watch it by my mother the 1 is coz my gf was with me so it wasnt all bad but it hated it i cannot unsee what ive seen :'(