• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Religion.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Religion.

Yay, Another Religion Thread! Woohoo! :lol:

I just did this.. What would you call it.. a Test and it came up with that i'd be a "Agnosticism". It said:

"You leave room for doubt in all things. Is there a god? Maybe, but probably not. We certainly cannot know the nature of said god. You identify with the Great Enlightenment more than the modern scientific revolution. You see great beauty in life, but also great pain, which is usually cause by many people believing they can be certain about the nature of god, the universe, and everything. Why can't we all just get along?"

And I must admit, That sounds quite alot like me.

So i guess i should put myself under "Agnosticism, But first I have to learn how to say it correctly.

What Religion do you belong to?

(Hence that I said What Religion do you belong to, Not What do yo uthink about Religion and what you want to argue about.) - Remember that.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Religion.

JohnDoe;322088 said:
Oh Lord, not another one of these. :(
SCR, I love you man, but you know what these threads do to me.

Agnostic. Agnostic.
Agnostic:Christian::Agnosticism:Christianity.

I started out as a Christian, but not a true Christian as in, I did it for my parents without really knowing what it was all about, not on a personal and knowledgeable level. There came a point when I got tired of Christians forgetting what it means to be Christian, calling others evil, condemning non-believers or followers of other faiths, and it sickened me. What bothered me most was that they seemed to have forgotten what faith was, and no one could give me a satisfactory reason as to why I should be Christian and not Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist.

So I became an atheist for a while, but in my experience, they're just as bad, and again, no one could give me a decent reason why I should be atheist over anything else. The atheists that I encountered didn't seem to realize that atheism is also a faith.

I ultimately became agnostic, varying between apathetic agnostic and optimistic agnostic. I still study the major faiths, but I do not commit to one or the other. Among the agnostics that I come across, I still come across those who don't know what they're identifying themselves as, and it still bothers me, but I let it go knowing that they're still looking for who and what they are, and that their stop in agnosticism can either develop into real agnosticism or they can go on to become real atheists or real followers of a religion.

@ Bolded Part.
They probably didn't give you a good enough reason because they too did not have a good enough reason aswell when they were your age, And ts upto you to have a reason as why you're part of a religion, nothing else, Sure it could be a family generation thing but im sure if you dont believe in it or think its right for you then you shouldn't HAVE to be part of that religion.

So you are a Agnosticism? Sorry, I wasen't sure if you were Having a Go at Agnosticism or you Liked it.. I kinda suck at following what people write.. :p

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Same as you but I call it Atheism.

N

Nekaku

I'm a Seventh Day Adventist.

And why should you be a Christian? (Not that I'm imposing it on you... Just what, if they truly believed what they taught.)

Well, You can be Buddhist and do basically anything you want except eat cows and kill people... Sometimes. You can be Hindu and Litterally do Whatever the Hell you want. You can be Jewish and have the same beliefs as a Christian, Leaving out the New testoment. You can be a Muslim, which is actually a lot like a Catholic.

But in all of those(Except Muslim) as long as you lead an Okay life, you'll go to some sort of Paradise once you die. And You almost have to try to be bad in order to go the opposite. But if you go all your life in the wrong way, turning down, denying God and all that stuff, but the minute before your death you find out that Jesus was real and died on the Cross for your Sins and everything that he preached was true, that he was the savior, And then you die.... You are completely screwed.

The only problem is that is what one would say if they wanted to scare you into believing it. I believe you can do all the greatest deeds in the world you want, follow the bible and what not, and believe it, but your heart has to be on God. It's not what you do that counts its whether or not you love and accept Jesus. Everything else is just a side-affect.

N

Nekaku

Which is why I don't believe in the "Scare people into it" Thing. you have to truly believe, or it's meaningless. And I won't say that I know 100% right, but I am 100% "Sure" God exists. It's great the difference between belief and Knowledge.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

JohnDoe;322108 said:
That's like calling Arseface "an atheism". Come on man, agnostic! I'm agnostic!

But yes, I am. And you're absolutely right, I've yet to find anything else that suits me, and currently have no reason to go one way or the other.

@Bolded Part.
What!? What was that!? Can you please repeat that!? Hahah! Sorry, Its just you've never said i was right before. :D

And guys..

Please read my First post, At the bottom.

I like your Ideas and thoughts be cause they haven't started any arguements.. Yet.. But ya'know, Theres other people out there that have different opinions and I dont want to start some Religious Arguement on my thread.

Otherwise, Thread is gonig good. ^_^

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

I'm agnostic. You have a nice day.

ScareCrowReturn;322123 said:
And guys..

Please read my First post, At the bottom.

I like your Ideas and thoughts be cause they haven't started any arguements.. Yet.. But ya'know, Theres other people out there that have different opinions and I dont want to start some Religious Arguement on my thread.
Otherwise, Thread is gonig good. ^_^

You want people's thoughts? I think you just opened the door. Good luck!

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;322083 said:
What Religion do you belong to?
Hey Adam :D

I think that's the problem with religion, you have to belong to a certain one. It's like labels; chav, mosher, goth, blah blah, blah blah. Personally, I don't see that I fit into any "label" or religion.

Although for the purpose of the thread I think I lay within moral nihilism, but that's me labelling myself so, no belonging. However, I would put myself at a 0 on the 1-10 scale of how-religious-are-you so any religions that I "belong to" would be null anyway. Does that make sense?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

The idea of hell was the first form of fear mongering.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;322110 said:
Well, You can be Buddhist and do basically anything you want except eat cows and kill people... Sometimes. You can be Hindu and Litterally do Whatever the Hell you want.

Maybe you should read up on certain faiths before commenting on them, because that is blatantly false. Especially since the cows are sacred to Hinduism, and not Buddhism.

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

im muslim but i believe a little off track like non practising, god is there but i think he gone to sleep for a while.... and he created the big bang and all these scientific stuff... lol im wierd. maybe i should start believing in the force and become a jedi knight its so much easier lol

jwc2200

Reaction score

William1193;322199 said:
im muslim but i believe a little off track like non practising, god is there but i think he gone to sleep for a while.... and he created the big bang and all these scientific stuff... lol im wierd. maybe i should start believing in the force and become a jedi knight its so much easier lol

God is there, He is not sleeping. I am a mostly baptist/christian(On Topic Part), though I am not a fanatic. I only go to church when the mood strikes, and the pain is low enough to allow it, but I pray to God every day, many times in a day. I don't just believe, I know.
I have cancer, was told 6 years ago, after treatments and meds and surgery didn't stop it, that I wouldn't make 40, I'm 39 now, but still here and cancer growth has slowed to a crawl. More importantly, I am in constant severe pain caused by surgeries and tumors not able to be taken out.

I was athiest until 1996 when God spoke to me, I studied up on him, found Jesus without going crazy. God helped me start in 1996 to be prepared to deal with the cancer diagnosis in 2000.

January 09 I was ready to give up, pain runs my life. I was sitting at my desk around 7am one morning, pistol in hand, trying to gather the courage to kill myself. My phone rang, I answered because I rarely get calls and thought it was wierd. A former co-worker who I had not spoken to in a couple of years said he was saying his morning prayers and God said for him to call me to ask how I was doing. I believe he was sincere, without God he would not have called me. I still don't go to church often, but I pray and keep my ears open to hear what God wants of me, to learn why he wasted His time to keep me here. If He has a plan for me, and I feel He must, I will carry it out, I do not think I would be here if not for that phone call.

I have said my piece, as the old folks used to say, and I won't try to push God or Jesus on any of you. I just wanted to share my experience and beliefs.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I have Joined Anton LaVey's little cult, but I would label myself them but the thing is is I am not a devout follower, I don't follow the Satanic laws much, mainly I joined that because I found Anton a VERY wise philosipher, and his cult made alot of sense, plus I get to freak people out when they ask! (That isn't a big reason though, still joined due to the philosophy) But I would have to say, in a way I am also Agnostic, There might be a god, I don't care if there is though, if he is up there then he isn't doing much down here anymore so why should we bo much for him anymore? (Don't answer that plz) Either way, I WAS Christian, and then I dropped out, much to my parents disliking, but hey, whacha gonna do? (Don't answer that one either.)

And not to start an arguement, but up until 2 months ago (When Depression hit due to personal losses) I have never been happier.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm a long time Satanist. Been so for many years by now. It just makes sense to me. The core belief of Satanism is that man is just another creature on this earth, an animal. Not the chosen of some divine being.

Earth is just a little blue orb amongst trillions of billions in an endless void. The sheer cosmic vastness of it all is beyond our comprehension. To believe that we, who are of less significance than that of a single grain of sand on a beach, are special enough to be the favoured of whatever "thing" that created it all is just stupid and very presumptuous.

I do believe in some Creator Being, but not God. Just like I believe in life on other planets, but not in little grey men with big round eyes. Something as powerful as this Creator Being couldn't possibly be comprehended by our minds.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

jwc2200;322217 said:
I have said my piece, as the old folks used to say, and I won't try to push God or Jesus on any of you. I just wanted to share my experience and beliefs.

And I thank you. Keep fighting and don't give up. I hope you'll get well soon.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;322226 said:
I'm a long time Satanist. Been so for many years by now. It just makes sense to me. The core belief of Satanism is that man is just another creature on this earth, an animal. Not the chosen of some divine being.

Earth is just a little blue orb amongst trillions of billions in an endless void. The sheer cosmic vastness of it all is beyond our comprehension. To believe that we, who are of less significance than that of a single grain of sand on a beach, are special enough to be the favoured of whatever "thing" that created it all is just stupid and very presumptuous.

I do believe in some Creator Being, but not God. Just like I believe in life on other planets, but not in little grey men with big round eyes. Something as powerful as this Creator Being couldn't possibly be comprehended by our minds.

My mindset exactly really, we don't matter to it, it doesn't matter to me.

N

Nekaku

Well, as long as your the that kind I'm okay with... If you start to go into the two other forms of Satanism, and I were to meet you, Chances of me shooting you would be pretty high.

And as for your reference to our Finite minds, You would be admitting that you could possibly be completely wrong. If we, with our Finite minds, can't comprehend such a Creator Being, then would you not say that it is possible, with the level of understanding that we have Finite Minds, that there is indeed just as much a possibility of you being right, as there is for the Christian one?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I believe in nature, balance and... the force, seriously.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;322279 said:
Well, as long as your the that kind I'm okay with... If you start to go into the two other forms of Satanism, and I were to meet you, Chances of me shooting you would be pretty high.

"Hollywood Satanism" AKA how it is portrayed in every single movie, with the black robes and virgin sacrifices, is actually pseudo-Christianity; Devil worship. Devil worship is siding with the "evil guy" in Christianity.

Nekaku;322279 said:
And as for your reference to our Finite minds, You would be admitting that you could possibly be completely wrong. If we, with our Finite minds, can't comprehend such a Creator Being, then would you not say that it is possible, with the level of understanding that we have Finite Minds, that there is indeed just as much a possibility of you being right, as there is for the Christian one?

Everything points to that not being the case. Mankind has a habit of crediting things they can't explain to "divine beings", i.e thunder and lightning being some god being angry.

That's how all of the religious side of mankind was started - to explain the unexplainable. So in the end all religions are creations, or rather interpretations, of our "flawed" finite minds.