• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Religion.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: Religion.

Uh oh, the "R" word.... DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

I just call myself an athiest because religion does not concern me. I dont rule out the possiblility of a "God" but if sutch a being does exist, it has not given me any reason to fear, worship, or acknowledge it in any way. So I just go about my life without giving it another thought.

Im not one of those athiests that goes about ranting and flaming others for their belifes. You dont bother me, I dont bother you, end of story. I used to be like that, and at that time a thread like this would be of major interest to me, but not any more. That was just back in my "rebel" days.

N

Nekaku

What if there were there are connections to the Christian God in all those Belief Attributes. Interesting as it is that all myths are based on reality. So, with Finite minds, over time, things are diluted to extremes. And the Bible actually shows it's authenticity, by how it shows many times the Israelite's went away from him and lost the true concept of God.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;322312 said:
What if there were there are connections to the Christian God in all those Belief Attributes. Interesting as it is that all myths are based on reality. So, with Finite minds, over time, things are diluted to extremes. And the Bible actually shows it's authenticity, by how it shows many times the Israelite's went away from him and lost the true concept of God.

1. Myths are based in reality. Not on reality. The places are actual. The events? Not much so.
  2. The Bible holds little-to-no authenticity. We still don't know who compiled it and to what purpose.

N

Nekaku

Tsuyu;322319 said:
  1. Myths are based in reality. Not on reality. The places are actual. The events? Not much so.
  2. The Bible holds little-to-no authenticity. We still don't know who compiled it and to what purpose.

Incorrect. There has been evidence concerning the old and New testament. For the Old Testament, the Historical accounts of The Israelite's as they came to the Land of Canaan. Many of the kingdoms had records about the actions concerning them and their unusual God. And fort the New Testament. There are two people that were mentioned to be major supporters of the newly christian church. One is Ananias. A wealthy city official in... Dang... Can't remember... I'll read up on it again. But they have found three Large Stones in the Ruins of the City, that have His name and title. And then there was a business women that dealt in Purple... They have documents of her funding much of the work. And as for the Compilation, It doesn't matter. Why? Because of the fact that Historians have confirmed that each thing Did Happen, Maybe they aren't saying that there was a Divine thing happening, but they have confirmed that Key events DID happen and in the correct Order. They just leave out all the God Stuff.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;322324 said:
Maybe they aren't saying that there was a Divine thing happening, but they have confirmed that Key events DID happen and in the correct Order. They just leave out all the God Stuff.

Case and point.

Jesus and pals were also recorded by the Romans, for example, since they liked to write down stuff about everything they controlled. But that means nothing else than there was a dude named Jesus who walked around - it doesn't prove he was the son of god. Same goes for the slavery and consequent exodus of the Israelites. Myths are based in reality.

And I am not incorrect concerning the authorship of the Bible. We still have no clue as to who compiled it and why.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Look the way I see it, all religions have ties to history... And they cannot be proved or disproved through reason, one side would need OVERWHELMING evidence, which neither sides have... We will never know in this life.

N

Nekaku

Actually, there is no proof Jesus existed... His Followers, yes. But Jesus' name was not mentioned... So to be truthful, there is the possibility that he himself never existed. the Bible is the only documentation.

EDIT*

In all cultures, there is a story of a Huge flood that wiped out Nearly All Man. Every single culture.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Untrue, he did exist, whether he was the son of Adonai or not is what no one can decide.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure there were official records of his execution.

N

Nekaku

Tsuyu;322335 said:
I'm pretty sure there were official records of his execution.

As far as I've researched, Not by name.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;322349 said:
As far as I've researched, Not by name.

I've not found any either. That's fairly interesting, to say the least. Aside from the Bible, which we can hardly count on as a neutral observer, there seems to be no mention of him. At all.

Interesting how there are no major conspiracy theories here - I guess religion isn't as interesting as the moon landing. :p

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

There is proof that he existed, I just can't remember what it is. But yeah, there was a man called Jesus who was a good man and put to death.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Actually, there aren't. I thought so too, but apparently the Romans put so many people to death on a regular basis and he just wasn't important enough compared to "real" rebels against Roman rule as to warrant any form of special treatment.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

You know what, I am surprised... Page 3 and this is STILL civilized, my hopes have been raised :) Thank you everyone! And Yeah I just researched it, Other than those mentioned in "Zeitgeist" there are no records of Jesus. But, still...

N

Nekaku

Not only that, in that time period for Hebrews, Joshua was a VERY common name. Jesus is Joshua translated from Hebrew to Greek to English.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Tsuyu;322361 said:
Actually, there aren't. I thought so too, but apparently the Romans put so many people to death on a regular basis and he just wasn't important enough compared to "real" rebels against Roman rule as to warrant any form of special treatment.
Really? Dang, my history teacher was talking about it so I assumed it was right. All this talk about the bible reminds me of a Bruno interview.

Interviewer: What inspired you to make this documentary?
Bruno: Its just.. why did Julius Casaer build Rome in 1 day? Why did Jesus write the bible? Why did Leonardo Di Caprio paint the Mona Lisa? Ish just wanted to make the best documentary since the Lion King..

But yeah, back on topic. All religions are made up by someone, so there's no reason to believe in it. Here's a video of Billy Connolly trying to describe what he thinks God is.

[youtube]WmJBO7DKqPM[/youtube]

N

Nekaku

Oh, come on! You don't have to put that stuff in there...

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Religion is the only thing standing in the way of humanity stepping forward.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

And so it begins...

*Readies lockaxe. Yes, the banhammer and the lockaxe*

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

don't worry I be startin' no arguements in da hooood bro