• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Religion.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Religion.

My oh my, why is religion even such a big deal? The only person here who should be hardcore about god is Jason. If that is what he believes saved his life, than that is different.

And besides there might be a god. But we all know that the Bible is a very untrustworthy source.

N

Nekaku

Skotekal;322523 said:
My oh my, why is religion even such a big deal? The only person here who should be hardcore about god is Jason. If that is what he believes saved his life, than that is different.

And besides there might be a god. But we all know that the Bible is a very untrustworthy source.

Do you Know about hope? If it weren't for the hope I am given by whats in the bible, I might as well die. I personally don't believe that something that is influenced by God would be reduced to such as you have put it to be. It's either 100% true or 100% false. If it is false, I have no reason to live. Nothing in this world has ever been able to keep me happy. The Bible is the exception. And I have witnessed miracles. I would be paralyzed if it weren't for the out of the blue chance that I'd somehow defy physics and land on my wrists instead of my back in the way I fell and how fast I was going. Without God, The God of Hope, the creator, there is no point to live. Not the life I'm having to live.

Bkoz

Reaction score

I was baptized Christian but I don't fall under the Christian faith.
I'm Atheist due to there being no evidence of any religion being true. I have to have proof before I can believe in something which seems false. My views on religion will possibly change as the future comes but for now, I have nothing driving me to believe in anything.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Sorry to burst your bubble, but god is most likely just a figure created by man's imagination, and the only thing keeping him alive is your belief in this figment of imagination. And I believe this was already said, but he has been also thought of to answer what seems illogical or unanswerable. If there was a god, there would be no corruption, no war, no evil, no sadness, none of that. But there is. And do you know why? Humans are just freaks of nature that are too intelligent. We came into being like all other animals. Evolution, not creationism and massive amounts of inbreeding. The only way I'll ever believe in god is if he pops up in front of me and starts telling me to believe. If that happens I'll run to my nearest church every Sunday. But God is nothing but imagination thus far in my opinion.

Wait, I shouldn't get involved in these threads. I prefer reading anyways.

Now I'm waiting for a flame attack or something to start. Time to crank this argument up another notch, fools! Or a thread closure. Whatever comes first. :lol:

N

Nekaku

Well, we will see. And I'm sorry. I feel really stupid for saying this, but I feel sorry for you...

adenp9070

Reaction score

ok does the bible believe in evolution? if not how does it explain different races of humans if we started with adam and eve? i believe that the bible says the earth is only 6000 years old? now science has proved that wrong and so like nekaku said its either 100% percent right or 100% wrong and if thats wrong then it would lead me to doubt other things, i dont mean to offend just asking about what i think, i dont believe in any religion just evolution and i think life is on other planets we cant be the only in the whole universe

N

Nekaku

No, Doesn't give a time. No, science has not proven that it's millions of years old... And I believe in parts of evolution. Don't get me wrong. I don't believe that one species can become another, but I believe in the Adaptation. Aka Micro Evolution. Macro Evolution is Tons of Micro Evolutions, that make something a different species, and I don't believe that is real. And seeing as how that can't be proven... I believe that God has created other beings. And I will have to re-research through my paleontologist files to show the proof on how Old the Earth is. I've done research... I've also noticed that more and more scientist are becoming Creationist. It used to be that Creationists wouldn't be able to get their doctorate degrees in any of the sciences, but that has changed dramatically...

EDIT*

OH CRAP!!! 1/3 of my data is missing! This is not Good....

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Man we need to fire this argument up!

How do you feel sorry for me? I don't have to devote my life to a fake figure and take time out of my day to praise something that is obviously fake. And doesn't it just take many adaptations for a species to become another?

And science has estimated the earth to be about 4.54 billion years old. Read here.

According to this it is from lunar samples and such. Scientific proof versus belief. I wonder who wins.

C'mon, just waiting for a few key people to battle it out, I hate arguing by myself. You know who you are... Come out and start this thing up guys!

N

Nekaku

Screw this website... It's people like you that makes my life hell.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Oh c'mon! Don't leave, argue your point. It's an argument! Just prove me wrong or something and lets keep this going. And how do people like us make your life hell? Just because we don't believe in what you do shouldn't mean anything. Have some fun. Unless you already left over such a petty thing like this.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

You scared another one away Skotekal :p\I actually kinda had hope for that kid too :(

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, he had some brains in him. Quite a rarity with newbies.

And I hope this is the only one I've scared away. :lol:

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I can think of a few *cough* Dragonmaster91 *cough* Same arguement aswell... *sigh*

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

What? Oh damn I remember him. That wasn't me who scared him away was it? :lol:

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Nekaku;322575 said:

If you were truly Christian, I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't let the opinion of one person "Make your life hell".

Also, proof of Satanism has been dated FARTHER back than "Christianity"

And, I have to agree with Kyle. JWC had a life changing experience and that convinced him to believe in god. I'm not saying that you can't believe in a faith, but sometimes, you look closer, and you doubt it.

And, The Bible was written by men that could have been corrupt. Then, throughout the years, it was probably changed by LOTS of people. Thus, giving you the Bible today. Then, if you look at the churches today, there are people "Speaking" for god. I thought that anyone who had claimed they could heal sins, or anything like that, where "Blasphemers" or even Satan himself. Then why go to church?

No flames, that's only my opinion.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Nekaku;322575 said:

Don't leave just because some guy that you don't even know or have met said something against you, You're gonig to get that alot in your life and you just need to get over it.

If you are Christian and proud then you should have no worries to just accept his opinion and he to, to yours.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

A shame. These religion threads usually last longer. :(

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Is... is it safe to come out yet? Or should I get back in the panic room?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I think it is over. You might wanna stay in there for a bit longer.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;322226 said:
I'm a long time Satanist. Been so for many years by now. It just makes sense to me. The core belief of Satanism is that man is just another creature on this earth, an animal. Not the chosen of some divine being.

Earth is just a little blue orb amongst trillions of billions in an endless void. The sheer cosmic vastness of it all is beyond our comprehension. To believe that we, who are of less significance than that of a single grain of sand on a beach, are special enough to be the favoured of whatever "thing" that created it all is just stupid and very presumptuous.

I do believe in some Creator Being, but not God. Just like I believe in life on other planets, but not in little grey men with big round eyes. Something as powerful as this Creator Being couldn't possibly be comprehended by our minds.

You know, I believe pretty much the same thing as you, but I don't understand why you have to label yourself something. I believe what I believe. I'm not this or that.

Nekaku;322312 said:
What if there were there are connections to the Christian God in all those Belief Attributes. Interesting as it is that all myths are based on reality. So, with Finite minds, over time, things are diluted to extremes. And the Bible actually shows it's authenticity, by how it shows many times the Israelite's went away from him and lost the true concept of God.

So? I could write a story with the same concept in it. Doesn't make it true.

Nekaku;322324 said:
Incorrect. There has been evidence concerning the old and New testament. For the Old Testament, the Historical accounts of The Israelite's as they came to the Land of Canaan. Many of the kingdoms had records about the actions concerning them and their unusual God. And fort the New Testament. There are two people that were mentioned to be major supporters of the newly christian church. One is Ananias. A wealthy city official in... Dang... Can't remember... I'll read up on it again. But they have found three Large Stones in the Ruins of the City, that have His name and title. And then there was a business women that dealt in Purple... They have documents of her funding much of the work. And as for the Compilation, It doesn't matter. Why? Because of the fact that Historians have confirmed that each thing Did Happen, Maybe they aren't saying that there was a Divine thing happening, but they have confirmed that Key events DID happen and in the correct Order. They just leave out all the God Stuff.

... Just because a few things in the Bible were based on real events, doesn't make everything in the Bible true.

Nekaku;322333 said:
Actually, there is no proof Jesus existed... His Followers, yes. But Jesus' name was not mentioned... So to be truthful, there is the possibility that he himself never existed. the Bible is the only documentation.

EDIT*

In all cultures, there is a story of a Huge flood that wiped out Nearly All Man. Every single culture.

I reckon it was the end of the last ice age.

Firis;322334 said:
^Untrue, he did exist, whether he was the son of Adonai or not is what no one can decide.

Do you know how many cultures use the concept of a virgin birth? I reckon Jesus was just adapted from an older myth.

Nekaku;322405 said:
Unfortunately, There is just as much proof of the Ice Age as the Flood. So, in the end I choose the Flood.

Yeah... The ice age created the flood when it ended. Not a worldwide flood, mind. Just the costal areas where the vast majority of the worlds population have settled.

Tsuyu;322414 said:
I know much about the Bible. I'm not ignorant enough to discuss a topic I'm clueless about. I'm telling you that there is no way the stories about Noahs Ark and Adam and Eve can be true. The problems with inbreeding and incests are genetical, they are not tied to "age" - you wouldn't have been able to continue the human race back then, just like you wouldn't today. A sister having a child with her father or brother doesn't exactly produce a healthy human being. Even if it would somehow be healthy enough to reproduce, the only people with which this inbred child could breed with would've been members of his family. A few generations of that... well... Just no.

Even Christian scholars tells us to take those stories with a grain of salt due to their.... impossible nature.

Not to mention that we'd all have the same mitochondrial DNA. Which we don't.

ScareCrowReturn;322470 said:
Wow, I go away for 1 Night and its already at page 4. Haha!

Come on now guys.. Lets all just get along! :D Haha!

Aother Question:

If you could know, 100% that God WAS real, Like somehow If you got the option to see God and nobody else could, Would you? Or would you leave it a mystery? Or vice Versa.. If that question makes sense.. Haha

I'd want to know. On the off chance he does exist I'd definitely convert.

Nekaku;322524 said:
Do you Know about hope? If it weren't for the hope I am given by whats in the bible, I might as well die. I personally don't believe that something that is influenced by God would be reduced to such as you have put it to be. It's either 100% true or 100% false. If it is false, I have no reason to live. Nothing in this world has ever been able to keep me happy. The Bible is the exception. And I have witnessed miracles. I would be paralyzed if it weren't for the out of the blue chance that I'd somehow defy physics and land on my wrists instead of my back in the way I fell and how fast I was going. Without God, The God of Hope, the creator, there is no point to live. Not the life I'm having to live.

Of course there's a point to life: Enjoy it, because it's the only one you've got.

Nekaku;322569 said:
No, Doesn't give a time. No, science has not proven that it's millions of years old... And I believe in parts of evolution. Don't get me wrong. I don't believe that one species can become another, but I believe in the Adaptation. Aka Micro Evolution. Macro Evolution is Tons of Micro Evolutions, that make something a different species, and I don't believe that is real.

You can't believe in one without believing in the other. It's the same thing.

Nekaku;322569 said:
And seeing as how that can't be proven... I believe that God has created other beings. And I will have to re-research through my paleontologist files to show the proof on how Old the Earth is. I've done research... I've also noticed that more and more scientist are becoming Creationist. It used to be that Creationists wouldn't be able to get their doctorate degrees in any of the sciences, but that has changed dramatically...

Only because the standards are being lowered by Christian "science" institutes.

TJ Griffin;322619 said:
Is... is it safe to come out yet? Or should I get back in the panic room?

No. Get back in.