• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Religion.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Religion.

FINALLY! Time to kick this argument into overdrive! I think.

adenp9070

Reaction score

ok i looked up and it doesnt say its 6000 years old in the bible, just that most christians believe it, im just curious about how noah got black widdows back repopulated as the female eats the male :p

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

I cant be bothered reading through the argument, but by reading the post above me, its about the old testament. The old testament is a book of moral stories. Nothing more, nothing less.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

And it really came to this...
You do realize that Nekaku`s arguments are mostly based on faith, which you (who don`t believe in what he does) don`t understand. Scientific arguments don`t hold much weight, because they can be as much of an illusion as any other religion.

Inn0cent v0ice™

Mousehunt Knight
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;322724 said:
And it really came to this...
You do realize that Nekaku`s arguments are mostly based on faith, which you (who don`t believe in what he does) don`t understand. Scientific arguments don`t hold much weight, because they can be as much of an illusion as any other religion.

At least scientist tried to prove God doesn't no exist .
All they are saying show me how God doesn't exist. Well why should we, when
they can't prove he does exist.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

You can't prove he doesn't exist, therefore the argument is null. There isn't any point talking about religion unless you're face to face, have an open mind and are willing to discuss and not argue.

I don't have any beliefs about this matter, although Billy Connolly's views are interesting and are the only things that remotely make sense to me cause it doesn't have any mystic magic stories;

Hypothetically speaking, the sun is the nucleus of an atom and we, the planets are the electrons whizzing round. Our universe, this group of atoms are making up something huge, something we cant comprehend because its too big. Like tiny bacteria don't know that we exist. We're too large for them to comprehend. Well its like that, we're tiny tiny to something else that we make up. It's hard to understand but if you get your head around it, it is interesting.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;322681 said:
Do you know how many cultures use the concept of a virgin birth? I reckon Jesus was just adapted from an older myth.

I have seen Zetgeist you know ^_^

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Not another one of these threads...

So glad I haven't been here recently. Not going to bother boring myself with the previous pages of what is bound to have been a semi-flame/troll fest of incorrect assumptions, misinterpretations and arguing over who-cares-what but if this thread absolutely must continue (le sigh) I hope it does so in a courteous and respectful manner.

Which I doubt.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;322744 said:
Not another one of these threads...

So glad I haven't been here recently. Not going to bother boring myself with the previous pages of what is bound to have been a semi-flame/troll fest of incorrect assumptions, misinterpretations and arguing over who-cares-what but if this thread absolutely must continue (le sigh) I hope it does so in a courteous and respectful manner.

Which I doubt.

It's actually been pretty civil.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;322477 said:
To answer the other example, there is proof that Dinosaurs were around the same time as man.

Cavemen didn't come to exist until gazillion(exaggerated) years after the dinosaurs went extinct. To claim otherwise is ridiculous... or you just watched too much of The Flintstones. ;)

Arseface;322681 said:
You know, I believe pretty much the same thing as you, but I don't understand why you have to label yourself something. I believe what I believe. I'm not this or that.

Well, what I wrote was only a small example of my total beliefs, mostly touching on the subject of God. There's more to it.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;322762 said:
Well, what I wrote was only a small example of my total beliefs, mostly touching on the subject of God. There's more to it.

Well, regardless of the similarities between our beliefs then, I still don't get why you have to label yourself as something if it's primarily a philosophy.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

'Cause it gets me the chicks, obviously. :wub:

Nah, it was just that I was at a point in my life where I was looking for somewhere to belong. And I stumbled upon LaVeyan Satanism by accident, but it all made perfect sense and when I read about the basic beliefs it was as if I they had copied my own beliefs and written them down.

So I guess to me, Satanist isn't just a label anymore.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Yep.
And then I asked Tsuyu about it, when I was doubting Catholicism, and I thought it made perfect sense.

I wouldn't think of Satanist as a "Religion", more of it as a "Lifestyle".

X

Xeon

24 hours and 3 pages? Must have been a heated and totally ridiculous flame war

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;322083 said:
Yay, Another Religion Thread! Woohoo! :lol:

I just did this.. What would you call it.. a Test and it came up with that i'd be a "Agnosticism". It said:

"You leave room for doubt in all things. Is there a god? Maybe, but probably not. We certainly cannot know the nature of said god. You identify with the Great Enlightenment more than the modern scientific revolution. You see great beauty in life, but also great pain, which is usually cause by many people believing they can be certain about the nature of god, the universe, and everything. Why can't we all just get along?"

And I must admit, That sounds quite alot like me.

So i guess i should put myself under "Agnosticism, But first I have to learn how to say it correctly.

What Religion do you belong to?

(Hence that I said What Religion do you belong to, Not What do yo uthink about Religion and what you want to argue about.) - Remember that.

@ Bottom Bolded Part- I wrote that, Not many people payed attention to it, At the start it was fine. But then some people JUST had to give their opinion! Haha. But its been pretty good, so far..

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Trawgdor;322954 said:
Yep.
And then I asked Tsuyu about it, when I was doubting Catholicism, and I thought it made perfect sense.

I wouldn't think of Satanist as a "Religion", more of it as a "Lifestyle".

Ah, my young apprentice, aren't all religions a lifestyle?

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ But how do you explain a Religion compared to a Lifestyle? (THis might be really obvious, But i was just curious.)

Do you mean that.. A Religion is more Rules and Obeying? And the Lifestyle is that they're guidelines and You fit the Guidelines into your every-day-today basis?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;323113 said:
^ But how do you explain a Religion compared to a Lifestyle? (THis might be really obvious, But i was just curious.)

Do you mean that.. A Religion is more Rules and Obeying? And the Lifestyle is that they're guidelines and You fit the Guidelines into your every-day-today basis?

Simple.

A religious side of a person is a part of their lifestyle, something that effects your actions and thoughts on a regular basis. Like going to church every Sunday.

X

Xeon

The bible should be burned and so should all other religious books. Religion has done more bad than good, remember the crusades?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Xeon;323130 said:
The bible should be burned and so should all other religious books. Religion has done more bad than good, remember the crusades?

I completely disagree. Books like that should remain as a part of our history, once we have finally moved on from religion. Particularly something as important as the Bible.