• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Religion.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Religion.

I'm atheist, period.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sure you're not Apatheist? That's a billion times more awesome.

N

Nekaku

... I've lost all care in the subject... On my quest to be less conservative, I might even convert...

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Trawgdor;323647 said:
I'd rather worship the sun that some "Big Invisible Guy in the Sky who can see EEEEEVVERRRYTHING that you are doing".

I mean, the sun gives life to all, and keeps the planet spinning round. People of the old probably thought the Sun was "God" or some other.
Or, they had Shrooms back then.

Haha, In our OED Course. (Outdoor Education Course.) We Worship the Su ngod! We always do a little stupid Sun God Dance so that we get good weather for our trip.. Kinda corny, But its awesome!

Obviously works.. :D

Oh yeah and People did worship the Sun, Called the Sun God, Kinda simple. And the thing is, is that the sun is actually there, So you can see it, It brings life, Warmth and Life. Sooo Whats god done?

1- Sun, 0- God. Haha!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

The Aztec(or was it The Mayans) were pretty big on Sun Worship

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Tsuyu;323686 said:
The Aztec(or was it The Mayans) were pretty big on Sun Worship

So were the Egyptians.
I love Ra.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

The Egyptians were hardly as hardcore. The Mayan/Aztecs built huge pyramids with the sole purpose of letting the headless bodies of their human sacrifices roll down the side!

N

Nekaku

Point is that Nearly all cultures had a sun god.... Whther it be Apollo, Ra, etc.. Both the Mayans and Aztecs... All of Greece, All of Rome, Babylon...Medo-Persia... philistines...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;323738 said:
Point is that Nearly all cultures had a sun god.... Whther it be Apollo, Ra, etc.. Both the Mayans and Aztecs... All of Greece, All of Rome, Babylon...Medo-Persia... philistines...

And this is because, as I stated previously, that mankind has a nasty habit of crediting that which they do not fully comprehend to some divine being.

You'll also notice that most religions/cultures have both a thunder god as well as a rain god, and perhaps even a moon good. All of which are things that had a big impact on early man that he couldn't explain.

N

Nekaku

...Like stated, I'm not going to get into whether your belief is wrong or not.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;323743 said:
...Like stated, I'm not going to get into whether your belief is wrong or not.

Who's talking about belief here? Let alone my beliefs? The "credit the unexplainable to the divine" isn't my personal belief, it is fact.

N

Nekaku

It is by your reference to your own part in the arguement not that long ago, that was making a point on your side... It's easy to see when someone is trying to subtly prove their Belief true... It's also to be expected...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Whatever man, you're reading far too much into this. I thought we were discussing old cultures but you just had to twist it in a way as if I somehow had attacked you or whatever.

Screw you, I see no point in continuing this discussion with people like you.

N

Nekaku

It did not attack me... And I apologize. I did not intend on such a problem. But please reread your response, Your talking about Ancient cultures Religious convictions on how they are all based on stuff they can't explain yet, so they call it divine.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;323756 said:
Your talking about Ancient cultures Religious convictions on how they are all based on stuff they can't explain yet, so they call it divine.

Mmhmm. I did. So what of it? It is true. It was how the earliest forms of religions were formed, when cavemen first started to wonder if there was something greater than themselves out there.

Take the sun. It gives us warmth and light. It causes you no harm, it is totally benevolent. And it is way up in the sky, casting a watchful and protective gaze down upon you.

Now, if you didn't know that it was in fact just a big ball of burning gas in space, indifferent amongst it's countless billions of siblings, doesn't that sound like a "god" to you?

And I apologize for my harsh reaction - I've been feeling terrible lately and they've started me on new funky drugs which.. don't sit quite right with me.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Nekaku;323431 said:
I guess all the historians might be going off faith...

Yeah.... But mostly evidence. Something that religion has little of, and the little they've got can mostly be explained by other things.

To add more fuel to the fire.....

I don't see any difference between the old defunked religions of ancient Greece/Rome, Persia, ect. and the popular ones of today. The only reason they are popular is that christianity got the support of the Roman empire, which had conquered the world at that point. Everything else was just too far away to conquer.

The worst part about it, and probably the only part really keeping organised religion alive, is that parents are effectively brainwashing their kids into believing that this stuff is true and unquestionable. Make it clear to the little ones that they can make up their own mind, and the world will start to become a better place.

X

Xeon

Tsuyu;323723 said:
The Egyptians were hardly as hardcore. The Mayan/Aztecs built huge pyramids with the sole purpose of letting the headless bodies of their human sacrifices roll down the side!

Everyone knows Chuck Norris built the pyramids with a little help from E.T.

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

This topic actually made me think for a moment.
I realized that I REALLY don't consider myself to be a part of ANY religion.
A lot of religion is based on the fear of doing wrong, and I'm not into being scared into faith or what-have-you. I, personally, believe in dinosaurs and gravity, so I can't possibly be a Christian. I believe humans are apes, and are naturally allowed to eat any animal on Earth...So I can't be Jewish or Hindu. I believe in Evolution, but also believe that maybe, at some point, some being or beings helped out the evolutionary process a bit.
I DO believe in the big-bang theory, because it is completely plausible, if you know how a black-hole works. I also believe that carbon-based lifeforms don't fully understand "life", and are highly overrated. For all I know, the univers could be a chemical mixture gone awry in a giant test-tube.
So I guess that may qualify me as an Agnostic? I guess I don't really fit into any category.
Whatever...
: (~)

X

Xeon

I believe in myself, and I believe that I need to live my life to the fullest extend. I'm not gonna wait till the day I day to see if some 2000 years old book was right about heaven and hell. If I do go to hell I'll probably end up being satans second in command.. I'M JUST THAT GOOD