• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Religion.

N

Nekaku

Re: Religion.

Arseface;323169 said:
I completely disagree. Books like that should remain as a part of our history, once we have finally moved on from religion. Particularly something as important as the Bible.

The Bible was the first book ever printed. (I refuse to debate Religion.)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Printed on a printing press maybe, but certainly not the first book ever written. ;)

EDIT: I was gonna make a joke and say it was the first book of fiction, but it turns out that was The Epic of Gilgamesh. Damn you history! :(

N

Nekaku

Actually, I've seen a whole row of Bibles in the Fiction section... Supposed to have been in Religous, but I thought it was a very bright idea someone had, though I disagree with it...

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

That guy has got a good sense of humor! I would have never thought of that. I should be an ass and do that at my local bookstore. :lol:

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

What is the difference between atheism and being agnostic? I didn't bother to read 3 pages :shifty:

N

Nekaku

True Agnostics believe in something... Atheism is the lack of belief.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

So if I have indecision, but say more doubt than belief, what would I be. I currently think there is no god, but you can't know everything. Would that be agnostic?

N

Nekaku

Don't ask me, I'm not a theology/Religious major. I just know the basics. It's just like HTML. You may know how to use it, but in order to make a truly great web page, you need to use PHP...

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Probably documents. But this is often mistaken as written. It was just the first printed on the printing press I think.

But the first person to say this is the first written literature should be slapped. :lol: That we do not know.

X

Xeon

I don't see how anyone can have faith in a book that was written at a time where people thought the earth was flat

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Gunman23;323254 said:
What is the difference between atheism and being agnostic? I didn't bother to read 3 pages :shifty:

Nekaku;323259 said:
True Agnostics believe in something... Atheism is the lack of belief.

Atheism is as much of a belief as theism. Agnosticism is the acknowledgment that one cannot truly "know" anything. Except mathematics. That concept is solid.

Nekaku;323224 said:
The Bible was the first book ever printed. (I refuse to debate Religion.)

Not the first written though.

Xeon;323354 said:
I don't see how anyone can have faith in a book that was written at a time where people thought the earth was flat

Exactly.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I like the concept of Apatheism;

"God may or may not be real... but who gives a damn."

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Apparently it is separate from Agnosticism

Also, you can't really classify Atheism as a belief or not, because the very meaning of the word is "lack/absence of belief" but it is very much a type of belief... sorta.

It is quite a conundrum.

Also, I hereby proclaim myself a Cosmicistic Satanist from this day forward!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

JohnDoe;323387 said:
On this one, I'll stick to my schooling. I strongly feel that Atheism is a belief. Of course, I also feel that there's little difference between not believing and believing that there isn't.

As I said, I'm also inclined to call it belief, but calling it belief would sorta be contrary to the very concept of Atheism. Conundrum indeed. Which is why I'm never gonna say that I hold Atheistic beliefs no-more, Apathism it is! :lol:

Also, I hereby proclaim myself a Cosmicistic Satanist from this day forward!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Optimistic... You're not sure God exists but you're inclined to believe so morseo than inclined to believe he/she/it doesn't?

I agree. It's all the terms that makes people confused and when their brains hurt they want to smash things.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Strictly speaking, I'm a Secular Humanist.

N

Nekaku

Arseface;323403 said:
Strictly speaking, I'm a Secular Humanist.

I'm a Religous-Humanist... loosely speaking.

ScareCrowReturn said:
How do we know?

I guess all the historians might be going off faith...

Skotekal said:
Probably documents. But this is often mistaken as written. It was just the first printed on the printing press I think.

But the first person to say this is the first written literature should be slapped. That we do not know.

Agreed.

Xeon said:

I don't think the hebrews believed that... I think they stayed clear of ALL gentile ideas... Except when it came to religious aspects...

JohnDoe said:
That's one of the denominations of Agnosticism. Linky.

@Nekaku: No. No, no no. Agnosticism is the lack of belief while Atheism is a belief. For the most part, true atheists believe that there isn't a supernatural higher order of things such as afterlife and/or gods. A true agnostic doesn't believe that there is or that there isn't, though can say that he/she wants to believe that there either is or isn't, or could just not care, as Tsuyu referred to as "apatheism".
Sorry, I got it mixed up then...

N

Nekaku

Well, I'm all for the understanding. I will admit when I am wrong...

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

I'd rather worship the sun that some "Big Invisible Guy in the Sky who can see EEEEEVVERRRYTHING that you are doing".

I mean, the sun gives life to all, and keeps the planet spinning round. People of the old probably thought the Sun was "God" or some other.
Or, they had Shrooms back then.