• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Religion.

N

Nekaku

Re: Religion.

I disagree. But I'd have to say, you aren't completely wrong. Once Religion was less thought of... No, once the Fear of Religion was less thought of, you the After life fear, the Renaissance began. People started to learn. Sure, it wasn't only because of Religion, but for Thousands of Years the fear of Hell kept people from a good life. It was the Dark Ages.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Nekaku;322333 said:
In all cultures, there is a story of a Huge flood that wiped out Nearly All Man. Every single culture.

This could could easily be from around the time after the Ice Age. You know, massive glaciers melting causing huge floods and such all around the world...

Well, maybe. I don't know. :lol:

N

Nekaku

Unfortunately, There is just as much proof of the Ice Age as the Flood. So, in the end I choose the Flood.

Inn0cent v0ice™

Mousehunt Knight
Reaction score

I am Christian, but not one who goes to church or believe is God.
I was just born like that, probably will stay.
I don't really care about it.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;322405 said:
Unfortunately, There is just as much proof of the Ice Age as the Flood. So, in the end I choose the Flood.

Come now, The Flood is just stupid. Just like Adam and Eve. There just is no way that humanity could've been reduced to a single pair of humans and survived. Imagine all the inbreeding that would've had to taken place in order to populate earth back into the numbers we have today.

Granted, it would explain the excessive stupidity around the world, but scientifically speaking it just wouldn't work.

N

Nekaku

That means you aren't a Christian.

EDIT*

LOL!!!!

You really don't know anything about the Bible. Adam and Eve Were the first Pair. And I think its Evident that because of Sin and Inbreeding that the human race is like we are. Adam lived to be 900 years old. So think of all the problems with inbreeding and think of the Difference in age.... Okay, All of Noah's Family was spared from the flood, including His wife and his three Sons Wives.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I didn't have time to read through too much of it, and I don't like to trust too much for Wikipedia, but this looks valid.

Evidence of ice ages - Wikipedia said:
There are three main types of evidence for ice ages: geological, chemical, and paleontological.
Geological evidence for ice ages comes in various forms, including rock scouring and scratching, glacial moraines, drumlins, valley cutting, and the deposition of till or tillites and glacial erratics. Successive glaciations tend to distort and erase the geological evidence, making it difficult to interpret. Furthermore, this evidence was difficult to date exactly; early theories assumed that the glacials were short compared to the long interglacials. The advent of sediment and ice cores revealed the true situation: glacials are long, interglacials short. It took some time for the current theory to be worked out.
The chemical evidence mainly consists of variations in the ratios of isotopes in fossils present in sediments and sedimentary rocks and ocean sediment cores. For the most recent glacial periods ice cores provide climate proxies from their ice, and atmospheric samples from included bubbles of air. Because water containing heavier isotopes has a higher heat of evaporation, its proportion decreases with colder conditions[25]. This allows a temperature record to be constructed. However, this evidence can be confounded by other factors recorded by isotope ratios.
The paleontological evidence consists of changes in the geographical distribution of fossils. During a glacial period cold-adapted organisms spread into lower latitudes, and organisms that prefer warmer conditions become extinct or are squeezed into lower latitudes. This evidence is also difficult to interpret because it requires (1) sequences of sediments covering a long period of time, over a wide range of latitudes and which are easily correlated; (2) ancient organisms which survive for several million years without change and whose temperature preferences are easily diagnosed; and (3) the finding of the relevant fossils, which requires a lot of luck.
Despite the difficulties, analyses of ice core and ocean sediment cores has shown periods of glacials and interglacials over the past few million years. These also confirm the linkage between ice ages and continental crust phenomena such as glacial moraines, drumlins, and glacial erratics. Hence the continental crust phenomena are accepted as good evidence of earlier ice ages when they are found in layers created much earlier than the time range for which ice cores and ocean sediment cores are available.

Now give me some proof on the great flood. And not by some Christian fanatic's proof either, I prefer science from an unbiased source.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Nekaku;322409 said:

EDIT*

LOL!!!!

You really don't know anything about the Bible. Adam and Eve Were the first Pair. And I think its Evident that because of Sin and Inbreeding that the human race is like we are. Adam lived to be 900 years old. So think of all the problems with inbreeding and think of the Difference in age.... Okay, All of Noah's Family was spared from the flood, including His wife and his three Sons Wives.

I know much about the Bible. I'm not ignorant enough to discuss a topic I'm clueless about. I'm telling you that there is no way the stories about Noahs Ark and Adam and Eve can be true. The problems with inbreeding and incests are genetical, they are not tied to "age" - you wouldn't have been able to continue the human race back then, just like you wouldn't today. A sister having a child with her father or brother doesn't exactly produce a healthy human being. Even if it would somehow be healthy enough to reproduce, the only people with which this inbred child could breed with would've been members of his family. A few generations of that... well... Just no.

Even Christian scholars tells us to take those stories with a grain of salt due to their.... impossible nature.

N

Nekaku

Skotekal;322411 said:
I didn't have time to read through too much of it, and I don't like to trust too much for Wikipedia, but this looks valid.

Ugh, I don't have time for this... I'll respond After I eat and finish The yard work that I'm supposed to be doing.

Inn0cent v0ice™

Mousehunt Knight
Reaction score

Tsuyu;322408 said:
Come now, The Flood is just stupid. Just like Adam and Eve. There just is no way that humanity could've been reduced to a single pair of humans and survived. Imagine all the inbreeding that would've had to taken place in order to populate earth back into the numbers we have today.

Granted, it would explain the excessive stupidity around the world, but scientifically speaking it just wouldn't work.

I would give you +rep for that but I full my limit for today.
Will give you tomorrow anyway

Nekaku;322409 said:

EDIT*

LOL!!!!

Bible was written by a man, so everything you know about God is in bible.
Not to mention, human could just put random crap in it and when you read
it, you are suppose to believe in God. Bible is nonsense.
Here is something I would like to know.
God made Earth in 7 days. He made everything. Dinosaurs died millions years ago. So, how to put them in does 7 days

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

God made everything in 6 days, on the 7th day He rested.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Hm... "one day" for some super-powerful cosmic entity á la Cthulhu could be several eons, what do we know?

Inn0cent v0ice™

Mousehunt Knight
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;322417 said:
God made everything in 6 days, on the 7th day He rested.

whatever . That still what book said . It's pointless to think how Earth
was made in 6 days and for dinosaurs it took million years to die.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Woo! H.P Lovecraft FTW, I rented one of those collab books of his for my Cumberland trip tomorrow (Be gone till monday night)

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Wow, I go away for 1 Night and its already at page 4. Haha!

Come on now guys.. Lets all just get along! :D Haha!

Aother Question:

If you could know, 100% that God WAS real, Like somehow If you got the option to see God and nobody else could, Would you? Or would you leave it a mystery? Or vice Versa.. If that question makes sense.. Haha

N

Nekaku

Lets see, I don't care anymore... You can believe that the Bible is Nonsense or Divinely influenced. To answer the other example, there is proof that Dinosaurs were around the same time as man. Which Would not be so if in evolutionary ideas, would be impossible. And All that is pointless to think about when the Bible says that A thousand years can be a day to God. With that in mind, It could have been any standard of time. And The term Day is skewed by the fact that God Created the Sun, which is how are times is formatted. This Thread is now annoying and I have lost all patience in Trying not to offend people, just to have all my belief's trashed as though they were meaningless and people not care that Whether it be God Given, Or Your born with it via Lack of a god, All have Free Will. Read all my posts and you'll see that I even Amused the possibility of me being Wrong, I'm not closed minded, and I hate when people are Rude. It shows Ignorance/Arrogance. And I don't know all the Answers so Good bye You rude insensitive Pricks.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Oh Satan, not again... Look it is nothign personal, we respect your opinions, we just like to discus... Me? I live for controversial discussions :)

N

Nekaku

Firis;322480 said:
Oh Satan, not again... Look it is nothign personal, we respect your opinions, we just like to discus... Me? I live for controversial discussions :)

Right... Like I believe that. I respect others opinions so I usually put in the evidence of their side as well as mine. And Never have I said ANYTHING that could completely contradict their beliefs. Why? Because it's there Right! But to say things like:

Inn0cent v0ice said:
Bible was written by a man, so everything you know about God is in bible.
Not to mention, human could just put random crap in it and when you read
it, you are suppose to believe in God. Bible is nonsense.
Here is something I would like to know.

And:

Tsuyu said:

Is just Wrong. And I apologize if I have accidentally let something Rude slip. I'm not perfect Either. But At least I try.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Well, I'm kind of "In Between" religions right now.
I've been favoring LaVeyan Satanism, but then, with me being Asian, and my parents being Hardcore Catholics, that would be impossible without getting kicked out of my house.

N

Nekaku

Trawgdor;322495 said:
Well, I'm kind of "In Between" religions right now.
I've been favoring LaVeyan Satanism, but then, with me being Asian, and my parents being Hardcore Catholics, that would be impossible without getting kicked out of my house.

You are in the same boat as my brother before he moved out.