• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Religous Temples

E

element1

Religous Temples

what about the temple of Avo and the chapel of Skorm? When you donate money what do you want to happen at the temple of Avo? I want a streak of light to come down from the heavens and bless you. Also the Chapel of skorm's executions were all the same. What kind of tortures do you want to see at the CHapel of skorm? I want to see the men and women pit against creatures like balverines and scorpions. Also I want to see quests from the two places. So tell me what you guys want.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score
Re: Religous Temples

i want to see a big stone alter and the sacrifice being dragged onto it, strapped down and killed

H

Hexadecimal

element1;104050 said:
what about the temple of Avo and the chapel of Skorm? When you donate money what do you want to happen at the temple of Avo? I want a streak of light to come down from the heavens and bless you. Also the Chapel of skorm's executions were all the same. What kind of tortures do you want to see at the CHapel of skorm? I want to see the men and women pit against creatures like balverines and scorpions. Also I want to see quests from the two places. So tell me what you guys want.

well... I doubt a streak of light would come from heaven, since Avo and Skorm never actually existed...
I would expect to see more than just one temple and one chapel in the whole country though... that was a bit odd... especially since those chapels couldn't hold more than 10 people comfortably...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Iunno. It'd be interesting to see the temples come back. But Avo and Skorm don't exist. at all.

The gods Skorm and Avo - Though many woship these so-called gods, the temples to Skorm and Avo can only be dated as far back as 400 years ago, when they were founded by a ruthless trader. He uncovered two locations in Albion where the Will was particularly strong. In one of them it tended towards good, healing those who stood there. In the other, it tended towards evil, filling the mind of its visitors with horror and violent urges. The trader saw an opportunity - he would create two temples to two opposing gods and demand gold from those who felt their power. In time, people came to believe in the existence of Skorm and Avo, but they are nothing but false idols.
So if any quest. I'd like to see one that Reveals them as fakes.

E

element1

Hexadecimal;104053 said:
well... I doubt a streak of light would come from heaven, since Avo and Skorm never actually existed...
I would expect to see more than just one temple and one chapel in the whole country though... that was a bit odd... especially since those chapels couldn't hold more than 10 people comfortably...

What do you mean they never actually existed?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

element1;104059 said:
What do you mean they never actually existed?

Wikipedia said:
Although all of the characters in Fable seem to firmly believe in the existence of Skorm and Avo, the Oracle states that Skorm and Avo are only imaginary beings created by two traders who sought to make money by scamming passers-by and other traders.

Best way to explain it :p

E

element1

Dark Drakan;104060 said:
Best way to explain it :p

I guess I should have listened to the oracles better. That is pretty dumb i think. I kind of liked the idea of Avo and Skorm

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Yep, it's aslo in my post. What the oracle says. :) ;) ^_^ Just an old Trickster, like the Wizard from the Wizard of Oz. :)

E

element1

Sephiroxas;104063 said:
Yep, it's aslo in my post. What the oracle says. :) ;) ^_^ Just an old Trickster, like the Wizard from the Wizard of Oz. :)

Ya i guess so. But i also want to see bigger temples that people flock to on sundays or something like that

J

Jester.

if they actualy ahd schedules and werent laughable like oblivions then tahted be awesome

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

i want an atheist chapel so we forget about all the religions and concentrate on the important matters
KILLING PEOPLE

E

element1

Jester.;104068 said:
if they actualy ahd schedules and werent laughable like oblivions then tahted be awesome

I hate Oblivion, and i never got that far through the game. but i def want to see lots of interaction with the temples

H

Hexadecimal

Jester.;104076 said:
oblvions ai is a joke

and that has what to do with religious temples in Fable 2, exactly? o_O

E

element1

Hexadecimal;104079 said:
and that has what to do with religious temples in Fable 2, exactly? o_O

true lets get this discussion back on topic. watcha wanna see?

J

Jester.

read about 4 post up

element1;104064 said:
Ya i guess so. But i also want to see bigger temples that people flock to on sundays or something like that

Jester.;104068 said:

if people in the temples had actual ai rather than standing there and running away when I kill one of them

E

element1

yes the people in the temples should be trained to use will and attack you if they are upset or attacked

H

Hexadecimal

element1;104085 said:
yes the people in the temples should be trained to use will and attack you if they are upset or attacked

why would people loyal to Avo attack you? o_O
they're supposed to be non violent, goody types...
and for temple priests to defile a temple with violence would make the whole thing pretty ridiculous...

E

element1

Hexadecimal;104087 said:
why would people loyal to Avo attack you? o_O
they're supposed to be non violent, goody types...
and for temple priests to defile a temple with violence would make the whole thing pretty ridiculous...

Ya kinda true but they could try to contain you. I mean if anybody gets attacked they will fight back. Like the Jedi they dont want to fight but they have to to protect what is right