• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Religous Temples

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Religous Temples

redbullkid;104163 said:
yeah i can see it now they'd be on there knees as you pass

If you laugh Evily in front of the bandits, they DO kneel. :D

PM.jpg

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

wow thts kl i never knew tht

J

Jester.

Hexadecimal;104116 said:
the people do not know that the gods do not exist...
it is the worshippers that have the power and they convince themselves that that power comes from the gods...
in skorm's temple people were levitated and sacrificed, that's power... even with no god...
gods aren't necessary to fuel a belief, they never have been
true but true power wouldnt be their

H

Hexadecimal

Jester.;104265 said:
true but true power wouldnt be their

well what are you calling "true power"? o_O
they seemed powerful enough in Fable to me :wacko:
they had enough power to take years off your life, torture people to death, and give powerful weapons... that's more than any god's ever done for me...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

not to mention the temples are on Will spots.

J

Jester.

I thought they had power too but if their not real then it must be an outside power not power from the god...i ment true power from the actual god you so choose to woreship (in fable) honestly i thought they were real until i played tlc

H

Hexadecimal

Jester.;104272 said:
I thought they had power too but if their not real then it must be an outside power not power from the god...i ment true power from the actual god you so choose to woreship (in fable) honestly i thought they were real until i played tlc

power doesn't all have to come from a god...
Jack of Blades had power... the Hero had plenty of power... none of that came from gods...
true power comes from within

B

blu phoenix

Hexadecimal;104273 said:
power doesn't all have to come from a god...
Jack of Blades had power... the Hero had plenty of power... none of that came from gods...
true power comes from within

Such...powerful...words.:lol::p I agree though with what you say.

I honestly have to say that not knowing that Avo and Skorm were fake, it kinda made the game more interesting. Well Skorm was more interesting cause you got to sacrifice people left and right:devil: Knowing now that they are fake, I don't want to hear about them or any godlike figures...unless they aren't...well fabled.:lol:

E

element1

i want to see people trying to spread the word of their god around Albion. I dont want it to be all religion but i want to see some

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Since Skorm and Avo aren't gods I wonder where the power comes from. The weapon and title could be held somehow by the Acolytes but the age thing is another story. It seems clear that there is some inherent power in the very nature of evil and good. As I recall, these sites were chosen because of the concentration in that power. I would like to hear more about this in F2

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, I would like to see it all expanded. Maybe there could be a quest where you study the temples and can choose wither to expose them for fakes, blackmail the priests to keep it quiet, or find more power points and start new temple where you get to take the money. If you have an evil temple and want to kill people, then make a major tenet of the religion killing rich people. Poor people aren't worth anything to evil gods. Of course, you could also be evil and run a "good" temple, make everyone pay for anything and everything. Start religously fanatic wars against the Skorm and Avo temples, to leave yours the only surviving worshiping alternative. Fun evil stuff like that.

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

i like the idea of making your own temples and the wars on other religions it would be cool if the churches could own, gain or lose lands of battles or agreements

B

blu phoenix

Well if there are temples in Fable 2, lets hope that the gods or goddess's are in fact real and not fake. I mean in Fable all you got out of Avo was a weapon, an age change, and a new title, which to me wasn't very much...plus they took lots of your money. ALL FOR THAT! Like I said Skorm was, to me, a bit more entertaining.:devil::ninja:

Maybe if you are able to build a temple(and the gods are real) then your renown grows higher and if you are able to control cities or castles, more people will come and worship there...or maybe worship you.:D

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

i would like to see the ai forming cults that represent the different gods :D

E

element1

you should get a quest from the chapel of skorm to go and raid the temple of Avo. That would be fun

B

blu phoenix

element1;104766 said:
you should get a quest from the chapel of skorm to go and raid the temple of Avo. That would be fun

:lol::lol: That would be fun....unless they run away from you if you start to kill them. That's what they did in fable.:(

D

Darg

If you really think about it though, after 500 years into Albion's future, wouldn't someone wise up and denounce the gods? Just logically speaking, but just in terms of the game's popularity they might decide for it to stick around as a way of keeping a bit of the old, something that gamers liked from the previous game. Just my take on things, but there you go.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

To journey in search of truth of whether the two gods are real or fake would be cool. A long side-story quest that takes you deep into what is and what could be. Is it true that the gods were nothing but fake idols to guide people's spirits; or could these gods be true, founded by those who seeked belief and then manifested into that of a true higher-presence, being that what gods are, mostly the manifestations of people's thoughts, wishes and beliefs. It could keep someone busy, and you might even get something out of it in the end.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

You could always have heretics thrown in as well as religious nutjobs to add to the mix aside from regular temple-goers...maybe as a side quest...I dunno...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Well, Darg, yeah, but-- and it occurs to me that this stands for the quest for F2 to find out the truth, too-- how would you find out that they were false? The Oracle alone wouldn't prove it to everyone, since some would keep believeing out of stubborness and some wouldn't hear. If some kept believing, what else could you do to prove it to them?