• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rep System Disabled - Possibly Temporarily

Would you like to see the Reputation system make a return?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 30 100.0%

• Total voters

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Re: Rep System Disabled - Possibly Temporarily

Yeah, John, [strikethrough]no one had any[/strikethrough] I had no idea what the hell that sentence was talking about.

I eventually (like five seconds ago) realized that you meant that the brightly colored bars used to graph poll responses would be good colors to use for the rep bars.

EDIT: Because evidently Droded DID know, making my statement false. And yes, I am aware that we have no strikethrough available, but I figured that'd get the idea across.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I understood what you meant JohnDoe, but I feel it may still seem a little bland even with vibrant flashing colours.

Wait...

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Cool, a number/bar combo!

Now I know how much bigger droded's epenis is. Its like its on steroids!

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

Mine is minute. I need to think of an intelligent thing to say. I did have a suggestion for an slight alteration to rep, but I suppose it's worthless as we've got the bar-number thingy.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

My epenis got a bit bigger last night. (made steve laugh)

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

I like the new system, it's great. :)

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Found a new bug whenever I give someone rep.. their numbers immediately turn into the green bars after the rep has been given.

... It's like... Steve is playing a really diabolical joke.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Regarding the experience bar: It's not do-able outside of installing a mod or coding it myself (very, very straight forward but will become increasingly bloated depending on how many 'levels' I decide to implement). I was really hoping it would be possible to achieve an experience bar system outside of mods - turns out that the reputation system is pretty damn limited.

The rep numbers disappearing after rep is given is a bug. I was thinking about making it so that the numbers only appeared when you hover over the pips.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

Ok, well I had an idea (bare in mind this was before the new bar/number thing was being discussed). It was a kind of facebook/youtube style 'like' button, and when you look at your rep it just says that someone likes that post, and it isn't displayed on under your username.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;392725 said:
I was thinking about making it so that the numbers only appeared when you hover over the pips.

YES DO WANT

4996887.jpg

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I would still like to try out the +/- system for posts, since it's more of a I Like/Dislike this post system instead of a reputation system.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

HobbeBrain;392736 said:
Ok, well I had an idea (bare in mind this was before the new bar/number thing was being discussed). It was a kind of facebook/youtube style 'like' button, and when you look at your rep it just says that someone likes that post, and it isn't displayed on under your username.
It'd be nice but aside of minor alterations, the reputation system as-is just doesn't have any real flexibility to it. It's a real shame, too. vBulletin has been using this archaic system for ages now and every time I click the little rep icon, I can't help but think, "Why does this require two clicks?"

I'm just fussy like that.

JohnDoe;392778 said:
I figured this would be the case. Thanks regardless for checking into it though. :)
No worries. I kinda wish I hadn't suggested it in the first place now; I just didn't really believe that the rep system would be so locked down - so limited in its capacities. I'd like to say that the vBulletin 4 team have pushed the boundaries and completely built the system from the ground up for vB 4.0 but... that would be a LIE.

Outside of tons of 'if' and 'elseif' conditionals codes inserted directly into the legacy_postbit template then it's just not do-able. IPB has a great rep system...

Gikoku Harakami;392831 said:
I would still like to try out the +/- system for posts, since it's more of a I Like/Dislike this post system instead of a reputation system.
Me too...me too. :(