• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Scars the final discussion

Would you want scars in Fable 2?

• Yes I would love them back!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

LionHeadTex

Re: Scars the final discussion

Say if you have alot of scars, one would be like,"Oh well, he's a true hero!He's been through thick and thin"

Maybe you go to a cult and get marked on your arm or hand a symbol that is carved on your skin, and people would go,,"He's part of that one place and he did that thing":lol:
The cultish scar system might be a way to get into the headquarters. The guard would say,"Let me see your mark", and you show him the scar..then he lets you in.

B

blu phoenix

I suppose a lot can happen, good or bad, if you end up with battle scars...mostly use them to your advantage.

I wonder if in Fable 2 you will be connected with someone. Not like love or anything but connected through the mind or something. Say perhaps you get hurt and scar. It would be interesting to see that other person, or maybe certain people in other instances, get the same scars you have and it affects them too.

Ohh...I have another idea. Perhaps the more famous you become and the more scars you receive, maybe people, including yourself, can purchase the shape of the scar as a tattoo of sorts, or could be put on a weapon or something. People could give the scar a name and it could become legend...like the White Balverine Scar or something. Just a thought.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

blu phoenix;97487 said:
Ohh...I have another idea. Perhaps the more famous you become and the more scars you receive, maybe people, including yourself, can purchase the shape of the scar as a tattoo of sorts, or could be put on a weapon or something. People could give the scar a name and it could become legend...like the White Balverine Scar or something. Just a thought.

That's called branding. Not a bad Idea.
I like the randomness of scars I had a scar on my left ankle that was from my bike peddle it looked like some beast scratched my leg. I used to tell people that it was from a werewolf and scar the crap out of them :devil: It faded away unfortunately

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

I could really Care Less.. all i ever do is wear Plate Armour anyway!

But they do make you look Bad *** as Drakan Said :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I think the whole scar system could be used so much more effectively if they made it a real time scar. Instead of being slashed on chest by Balverine and having scar on fact that looks like a sword mark. If they implemented it into a real time damage and cut system they could so a lot with it.

L

LionHeadTex

Dark Drakan;97552 said:
I think the whole scar system could be used so much more effectively if they made it a real time scar. Instead of being slashed on chest by Balverine and having scar on fact that looks like a sword mark. If they implemented it into a real time damage and cut system they could so a lot with it.
Yea dude, I think i got 2 of my scars from mere hobs when I first played :lol:

I don't think people would give a rats behind if I got sliced by a hobbe

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I'm sorry but I'd prefer not to look like the black knight from Holy Grail, lets just keep it to skars. But lets have wounds added. If your hero gets cut, you better find an herb or take some medicine or its gonna make them weakened.

A

Arbiter2010

There definately should be some way to heal them, because I don't always want to look like that, whether heal life would heal it or some other way, that would be really cool.

B

blu phoenix

Seigfreid;97557 said:
I'm sorry but I'd prefer not to look like the black knight from Holy Grail, lets just keep it to skars. But lets have wounds added. If your hero gets cut, you better find an herb or take some medicine or its gonna make them weakened.

:lol:...
"It's just a flesh wound!"
I'd laugh if someone, especially your character said that.:p

I'd only want them healed if it was a serious matter and it was seriously affecting you.

Three

Rawr
Reaction score

Fable 2 is having the Child feature in there too, right? What if your kid got into a fight or jumped by bandits. Shouldn't he have some scars? He'd look a badass son of a badass hero if that happened. I don't mean something serious, like a huge slash across his face, but maybe at least a scratch.

I think Scars are important in the Fable serious. It's not fable without seeing all your scars and going "Wow I was getting pwned." It just makes you look back at everything you've been through.

R

Rhadiel

Three;97757 said:

I think Scars are important in the Fable serious. It's not fable without seeing all your scars and going "Wow I was getting pwned." It just makes you look back at everything you've been through.

:'(such...strong words.....:'(...................................:':)lol::lol:

Three

Rawr
Reaction score

Son of the greatest hero in the world. Who else a better target for bandits, or pirates, or whoever the bad guys are in this game.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Hahaha "Wow... I was getting PWNED!!!"

:lol: +Rep.

J

Jester.

yeah lol think "how did i survive that balverine attack if it did this to me?...oh yeah i had a few reserection phails..."

Three

Rawr
Reaction score

Plus, if you don't like the scars, learn to block so you don't get them in the first place.

Either way it's more of a 'your-choice' thing.

B

blu phoenix

Three;98004 said:
Plus, if you don't like the scars, learn to block so you don't get them in the first place.

Either way it's more of a 'your-choice' thing.

True, but perhaps you can get scars in Fable 2 by just falling into something sharp or hurting yourself as a child somehow....ahh the clumsiness. Those type of scars you probably couldn't help but getting.

L

LionHeadTex

How about this,

Some scare are permanet

Hear me out,dudes. Alright, say you were cut by a thron bush near bowerstone. that can be healed. Say you were cut by some hobbes, that could be healed. But maybe in a boos battle, that giant blade sliced you so effectively that it will stay there. Maybe you got a scar running down your eyes, you could use that as a trademark for your character. Having a scar run down your eye is always a good way of looking bad ***, am I right?

Scratch that. Rather than having permanet scars. Like I said before, Lionhead should make it so you get scars from important roles. Say a dark wizard..boss...thingcasts a fireball at you, and it lodges at your chest. Onthe sideof your chest, you will be able to see the burnt mark (not fleshy tough, theyd on't want you to pass out). You COULD go and heal it, but if it looks cool, I would keep it on there. Even if you're a good character, as weeks and weeks pass as you play the game..you can go,"I remember when I got that, that one guy almost killed me by hitting me with that one thing very fast"

Like I said, you should only get scars from important roles.

J

Jester.

heck real time scars would be awesome espically if you could boost about them

G

gdude987654321

what about a new type of trader... like the tatoo dudes or such... but they would heal scars... specific scars... not all of them at once but you can select which ones to remove... if u like your scars you can keep them if you dont like them you can get rid of them that way everyone is happy... i imagine something like this has already been said...

Three

Rawr
Reaction score

I would hope you could buy some medicines off wondering traders, and at some point in the game you get to heal your wounds physically. Maybe have the player use the controls to rub it around the scars. Sort of like in Fight Night Round 3 where the player would heal the fighter's injuries.