• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sexual Awkwardness

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score
Sexual Awkwardness

Alright, I figured that title would have you lads running here to see what I've got to say today. ;D
This is about my boyfriend though. Ever since we started dating, he's always had low self-esteem and whatnot. It never really bothered me before until we started getting more intimate. You see, he will not take off his undershirt. He basically refuses to let me see him exposed. It's ridiculous and frankly, really annoying. I mean honestly, does he think I'll just get up a leave if I see a sign of man tits? Ugh, I don't get it. >< I though girls were supposed to be the body-image freaks.
So I'm curious, how many of you or guys that you know are so self-conscious that they won't even disrobe for a partner?

Lore

Ragged Wanderer
Reaction score
Re: Sexual Awkwardness

Good title. It got me running over! You are right about all of your points.
The only thing that I can become a bit self conscious of is the fact that I am not circumcised. Other than that, I have no fear!

Have you tried black yet? I'd say 80% of us are very confident. If a girl says to me, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours." I'll say, "Let me get the baby oil and some rubbers :p"

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

Lore;321852 said:
"I'll show you mine if you show me yours." I'll say, "Let me get the baby oil and some rubbers "

You see, that's the thing. I shed clothes like it's no one's business but he doesn't seem to get the whole reciprocity aspect of a relationship. (not saying I'm like his little sex slave or anything like that, not at all, seriously) But he just acts like I'll be disgusted at his nakedness. I've been with him for over 5 months, obviously I like him and accept him, dammit!

JohnDoe;321853 said:
See if you can't get him in a social situation like, say, skinny dipping, and see if he goes for it.

Pfft, my man won't swim even fully clothed. He's just that awkward. >.o

I just need to have a talk with him when I see him this weekend. >< I never wanted it to be reduced to an awkward conversation but I suppose it's necessary. Ugh.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Lol, nice title... I am only really self-concious about looking like a creep because facial expressions turn me on more than anything else, thus staring would happen, alot, creepy... Here is what I would do, get dirty!! Get down and dirty and when you two are rolling around in the mud, rip his shirt off!!! Okay, okay, you don't have to do the mud :( but same principle, rip it off, it might make him ****ed at first, but as long as you don't look disgusted, he will see that he looks fine to you.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I'm fine with it. I agree with Lore, really. But he probably has like an eight pack.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

Firis;321857 said:
Here is what I would do, get dirty!! Get down and dirty and when you two are rolling around in the mud, rip his shirt off!!!

I was actually thinking of hiding my box cutter in a pillow literally tearing the wretched shirt from his body. >< Haha, he better like his woman dominant! xD

JohnDoe;321858 said:
Awkward as in can't swim or awkward as in doesn't want to swim because it makes his shirt stick to his body such that everyone can see his exact shape even with it on?

He just doesn't swim. It's not his thing. Especially during the day, he has this fear of skin cancer...though I really think he just wants to stay pale because he thinks it makes him look cool. I really hate talking about him to other people, it makes him seem like such a weirdo. xD

JohnDoe;321858 said:
It's all about showing him not only the imperfections of others, but also that no one cares about those imperfections so much that imperfect people are cast down with the scum of the earth because they don't have a spectacular set of abs.

I know, and I compliment him all the time, but he just brushes it off and acts like I'm making fun of him. This is why I don't like getting involved in relationships, too much damn trouble.

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

Have you ever tried the "I won't take it off if you won't" sort of approach? It's simplistic but it may work.

Between that and just forcing it off, I can't think of many ways to 'convince' him, though you could tell him if he really doesn't like how he looks he should do something about it, though try to say it in a way that indicates you don't care how he looks and that you just would like him to take off the shirt for once.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

To be fair, I have more trouble with getting women to take their shirts of rather than my own...

But yeah, this whole business with beauty ideals and it only affecting women is grade A horse manure. You don't think seeing hulks like Ahn-ould Da Governator (in his prime, not his sad shape he is in now) affects us just as much as X or Y Super Model Barbar does for you gals?

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

@Tsuyu - Yea, yea, double standards blah... everyone, man or woman alike, needs to get off their lazy ass if they're truly unhappy with their body so that everyone will just stfu already.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Nice title, I practicly clicked on it out of pure instinct.

Is he a little fat and has man boobs? Mabey he has a really hairy chest, or is pale as a ghost. I dont really get it, I dont have any problem taking off my shirt and my chest is far from impressive, but its not embarassing either. Mabey he has a really terrible tattoo. Try sneaking up behind him and setting his shirt on fire, that should get him to take it off.

* Griffin INC is not responsible for anything that may result from setting people on fire. We just like to set people on fire.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Maybe he's hiding something from you. Scars? Tattoo of ex's name? Who knows?
Or he simply deserves better!

afghanistan-taliban-3-2.jpg

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

seress;321892 said:
Maybe he's hiding something from you. Scars? Tattoo of ex's name? Who knows?
Or he simply deserves better!

afghanistan-taliban-3-2.jpg

.......what?

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

Well I mean I have seen him without a shirt on one occasion after we had all walked to a gas station at two in the morning during a thunderstorm and got completely drenched, we all went back to my friends house and wore towels the remainder of the night...
But yes, I've seen his pale-ness and it doesn't bother me. He has nice manly chest hair and he's a little chubby but not to the point of rolls and man titties.
He just still doesn't like taking off his shirt when we get all romantic-like. So yea, on that note we don't do very much because I refuse to do anything if I have to get naked and he's too embarrassed to...><
Signed,
A Very Frustrated and Unsatisfied Wench

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

On the other hand, if you love him can't you live with it? Love conquers all and that horse manure...

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

be plain and simple and to the point... your low self esteem and awkwardness is halting and stopping our brilliant relationship if u dont stop being so stupid i wont bother... but then again i have never met a man/woman like that before so what do i know or been in a proper relationship lol

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

I clicked on the title because at first glance I thought it said "Sexual Awareness".

Anyway, why not just threaten to gut him out like a fish if he wont take off his shirt? Maybe bringing a spear will help :D

N

Nekaku

I probably should have payed more attention the first glance at this... I kinda ignored it because I am just so conservative.

To answer the first post: First of all, my belief is only when married. No need for my explanation. However, if I weren't that way things would still go as follows: I am embarrassed about my limited physique and both how skinny I seem to be, and yet how fat I think I am. I am also really White, and if I'm not white, I'm red with sunburns. I burn within 15 minutes. I wear Under-Armor when swimming, and nearly every other time as well. I'm very self-conscious about my looks, and I want to look good, to everyone. I want to look good by my friends standards, family and most of all my girlfriend. I would do nearly anything for her. And I feel that all men should feel the same if they love the women.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Like many problems, this one can be solved by setting it on fire. Or you could just tear it off. Rawr.

Or perhapts just tell him how you feel.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;321921 said:
Like many problems, this one can be solved by setting it on fire. Or you could just tear it off. Rawr.

Or perhapts just tell him how you feel.
Don't forget gutting him like a fish!

N

Nekaku

Gunman23;321922 said:
Don't forget gutting him like a fish!

Well, if you did this, he would be exposed... So, technically it's not all that bad of an idea... Though there will be some... Long term consequences.

EDIT*

JohnDoe, you are correct. The only problem is, speaking of myself there, I was talking about my problems. And then I said that I would do nearly anything for my girlfriend, and I tried to imply that getting over my insecurities is one of them. And I was saying that I believe that all guys should do at least that much for any women he loves.