• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smash shoot or spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawrz moo

Reaction score
Through most of the game I was nothing but my gun but once I found a really rape spell weave (shock and the typhoon thing (forgetting its name)) I found that magic was the way to go. I hate melee and through all the playthroughs of all the fable games (almost 14 for fable 1 and 6 for fable 2) I never really got into melee. Even when I tried to force myself to use it I always ended up shooting people.

What do you prefer to use?

Rawrz moo

Reaction score
What was your favorite weave in fable 3?

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
Magic is an unbeatable room-clearer, but there's nothing like crushing foes beneath a gigantic hammer for taking out your heroic aggression.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score

Fire + Tornado. The area effect doesn't look that cool, but unleashing towering funnels of flame from your fists is a spectacular sight.

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score
Personnaly in fable 3 I found the melee on melee combat enhanced so you actually have to block at points and not smash your X button through out the entire game, I went through my entire first character using inferno and ice storm combo found it worked out well, my second character Ive just rushed through the game trying out melee and have started to get used to it. Im planning on a new character tomorrow to try ranged but so far Id rate Will being the easiest followed by Ranged then Melee last.

Rawrz moo

Reaction score
I miss the multiple Arrow spell from fable 1... So OP and fun

Veryl

Reaction score

Vortex and Blades was amazing. Next time your in a cave and see 40+ bats throw that spell and watch as the game crawls as 400+ swords shoot everywhere.

RSVR85

Reaction score
Smash shoot or spell? Definitely spell. Same for Fable, Fable 2 & 3.
My favourite weave atm is Ice-Storm & Fireball

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Melee is definately the most difficult. I mainly use magic/guns to take down most thing unless I feel like a real fight, then i'll melee up some balverines.

All the magic in F1 was OP. Well, not all, but lots. Shield + Mana Aug = Autowin :D

ohvegeta

Reaction score
I'm all about the Will usage. Someone else said my favorite weave already, which is vortex and blades. It's killer. Literally.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
It was ridiculously overpowered. You could do such extreme amounts of damage with it... delicious.

If you use it in conjuction with a high Skill and a good bow/crossbow, yeah. But if you're talking just by itself? Not at all.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
If you use it in conjuction with a high Skill and a good bow/crossbow, yeah. But if you're talking just by itself? Not at all.

That's like saying a weapon isn't overpowered without an arm to swing it....

LordBleckZ

Reaction score
i mainly used my trusty pistol and alternate between that and Shock+Sword Magic. Pistol finishers are satisfying. My favorite finisher from pistol has to be when you shoot any cocky bastard who tells u to bring it in the arm then the leg then the crotch.

silvermaine

Reaction score
i mainly used my trusty pistol and alternate between that and Shock+Sword Magic. Pistol finishers are satisfying. My favorite finisher from pistol has to be when you shoot any cocky bastard who tells u to bring it in the arm then the leg then the crotch.

This for the win. Pistol is my weapon of choice. I only cast if I get swarmed.

I also love the pistol finish where you toss the gun up in the air, jump over the enemy and catch the pistol right as they turn around to look at you and you shoot them in the head. But yeah, the arm, leg, money shot kill is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.