• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smash shoot or spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedrake

Reaction score
I'm definitely a shooter. I tried melee in the begining but I found it tedious. It would have been more fun if the ennemies hadn't been in such massive packs. I miss the multi-hit spell from TLC (sword, not bow, although that was nice too).

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score
I use Dragonstomper (96 DAMAGES!!!!) and Fire+Blades Combo. Beast combo man.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
In fable I was primarily mage with the occasional bow, in Fable 2 and 3 I swapped the bow for a sword

$am

Reaction score
I use a variety, for instance, I'm a shooter in one of my Fable II saves, a melee guy in another, and a will in a third, but my main guy uses a combination. In my Fable I save, im a melee, although i occasionaly use skill, and rarely use will. I think it all depends on the Character your trying to create.

SaintofAlbion

Warrior Saint
Reaction score
I'd go with all of the above, but if that's not how you feel, go with the Vortex+Blades, and here's why, for whatever charge of Blades you have gotten, it will make that many blades for every enemy in the Vortex ex: You charge up enough that the basic blade count is 8, and you have vortex, with every enemy, say hobbes (there are 4) there will be 8 blades for each of them, sending out a total of 32 powerful blades, while they are cartwheeling through the wind! Figured out the combo when going for the Archmage achievement ^_^

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I'd say Will is probably the most overall powerful Hero virtue in Fable III, but that doesn't necessarily make it the best for every situation. Groups of Balverines, for example, are not easily taken out with magic. There's very little time to charge spells between their attacks and any attempt to do so will most likely result in the player getting shredded. Balverines are best left to guns or well timed melee attacks.

I enjoy all three disciplines but I ultimately prefer to use nothing but Melee. Finishers are extremely satisfying and there's nothing like rushing boldly at a crouched Balverine before rolling into him to avoid his first claw swipe, rolling into him again to avoid the second, and then going to town on his face with my sword or hammer. Every enemy has specific combat behaviors that, if observed closely, can enable a cunning warrior to see when they're vulnerable and thus dispatch them with ease.

Xeno

Reaction score
I use all three evenly~ Favorite weave combo is Blades and Shock. Perfect to stun enemies so I can slash em up or gun em down ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.