• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smash shoot or spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I prefer melee...there's nothing like spamming a sword around to your hearts content.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I prefer melee...there's nothing like spamming a sword around to your hearts content.

I've been doing melee (with some gunslinging thrown in) and I can not for the life of me enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, the finishing moves are pretty hilarious and bad-ass but it doesn't make up for how boring spamming the same button is. Then again... maybe it's just me... I've always been biased towards melee.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I've been doing melee (with some gunslinging thrown in) and I can not for the life of me enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, the finishing moves are pretty hilarious and bad-ass but it doesn't make up for how boring spamming the same button is. Then again... maybe it's just me... I've always been biased towards melee.

Yeah but I throw in some tasty rolly-pollies, a sprinkle of blocking, a little flourishing, some gun slinging, IF the moment takes me and throw that all together for some delicious melee soup.

I like soup.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Yeah but I throw in some tasty rolly-pollies, a sprinkle of blocking, a little flourishing, some gun slinging, IF the moment takes me and throw that all together for some delicious melee soup.

I like soup.

I like soup too. Namely, New England Clam Chowder soup.

However, I do all of that and it just isn't very exciting. I mean, magic isn't always exciting either (at least, not when you use it as often as I do) but something about wielding a mystical force and harnessing it to obliterate your enemies... that much power in my hands is just... it's amazing! But it also corrupts me and I've been known to fireball a few innocent bystanders here and there.

>_>

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
...but something about wielding a mystical force and harnessing it to obliterate your enemies... that much power in my hands is just... it's amazing!

Have you ever heard of an electric toothbrush?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I'm not following you. Is this some sort of crazy internet thing? Because I've never really been in the loop with the "memes" and such.

MegaMatt98

Reaction score
Used to be a full on warrior. Then i got into ranged slowly but surely. The only reason I didn't use magic was because of those stupid will lines. I like all forms of combat now, but nothing like slicing a hobbe in half with a well timed flourish.....

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
slow time
charge lvl 5 spell
kill every thing on screen
-or-
run out of slow time pots
summon balverines
charge lvl 5 spell
kill every thing on screen

i use guns sometimes but bearly use melee