• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So.. what to do after you beat the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Zangash said:
Care to give me a reason that's, like, actually CORRECT as to why you like Fable 3 more?

This quote followed your points about how my previous post was wrong (the purity morphs, the world morphs and the lack of clothing options in 3). Which leads me to believe that the quote translates to - 'Since you were wrong about purity morphs, world morphs and clothing, can you provide any reasons that are true which would describe why you like fable 3 more?'

If I misunderstood this quote that might be the reason for the issue. I wasn't informing you that you were wrong about your opinion, instead I was merely stating that you were wrong when you posted : 'Whether you like it or not Fable 3 failed.' Which is the topic I was discussing. Fable 3 failed you, and I can understand that, but Fable 3 certainly didn't fail me and the customization was precisely why it didn't fail me. Furthermore, I think my post included actually correct reasons as to why the customization was better in Fable 3 than in Fable 2 (as I may not know for a fact but believe strongly that purity morphs are still around, world morphs as you yourself said are more prevalent in Fable 3 and there are in fact more clothes in 3 than 2).

I understand that you feel I was not including Fable 1 (which Im guessing is your favorite Fable) and that I must think you like Fable 2. This is not the case. This forum (and indeed most people who play fable it seems) tend to think the first fable is the best fable. I am in the minority that think it was a very bad game. I won't get into why because I don't want to start trouble, I respect that others enjoy it and I don't intend to step on anyones toes.

I hope that clears this misunderstanding up as I have no intent on changing your opinions merely correcting your opinions that Fable 3 failed, when in truth it only failed some people and not everyone.

Zangash

Reaction score
This quote followed your points about how my previous post was wrong (the purity morphs, the world morphs and the lack of clothing options in 3). Which leads me to believe that the quote translates to - 'Since you were wrong about purity morphs, world morphs and clothing, can you provide any reasons that are true which would describe why you like fable 3 more?'

If I misunderstood this quote that might be the reason for the issue. I wasn't informing you that you were wrong about your opinion, instead I was merely stating that you were wrong when you posted : 'Whether you like it or not Fable 3 failed.' Which is the topic I was discussing. Fable 3 failed you, and I can understand that, but Fable 3 certainly didn't fail me and the customization was precisely why it didn't fail me. Furthermore, I think my post included actually correct reasons as to why the customization was better in Fable 3 than in Fable 2 (as I may not know for a fact but believe strongly that purity morphs are still around, world morphs as you yourself said are more prevalent in Fable 3 and there are in fact more clothes in 3 than 2).

I understand that you feel I was not including Fable 1 (which Im guessing is your favorite Fable) and that I must think you like Fable 2. This is not the case. This forum (and indeed most people who play fable it seems) tend to think the first fable is the best fable. I am in the minority that think it was a very bad game. I won't get into why because I don't want to start trouble, I respect that others enjoy it and I don't intend to step on anyones toes.

I hope that clears this misunderstanding up as I have no intent on changing your opinions merely correcting your opinions that Fable 3 failed, when in truth it only failed some people and not everyone.

When I used the term "Failed", I meant the community, not for the individual players. The overall fan reaction to the game was that of disappointment and rage, and when the majority of the people who purchased the game are angry and disappointed, the game has failed, plain and simple.

What was wrong with the first Fable? The thought-invoking combat? The deep world? The emotion inducing characters? The lengthy storyline? The extensive list of magic? The actually antagonistic main enemy? The mysterious lore and sense of excitement? On a purely curious standpoint, I'm interested to know.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Ah, yes that clears it up. And I agree fable 3 did seem to fail the fans. I do like to pretend that the forum based outcry is only the vocal ones and that the rest of the fans actually liked it but I'm not sure that's the case. Thank you for clearing that up as it turns out to be a misunderstanding after all.

As for your question, I think you've aptly summarized why I don't discuss my dislike of the first fable. It's fans are rather...passionate. In your case you've presented me' with a rather passive aggressive trap. So as not to start a riot I respectfully decline.

Zangash

Reaction score
Ah, yes that clears it up. And I agree fable 3 did seem to fail the fans. I do like to pretend that the forum based outcry is only the vocal ones and that the rest of the fans actually liked it but I'm not sure that's the case. Thank you for clearing that up as it turns out to be a misunderstanding after all.

As for your question, I think you've aptly summarized why I don't discuss my dislike of the first fable. It's fans are rather...passionate. In your case you've presented me' with a rather passive aggressive trap. So as not to start a riot I respectfully decline.

Fair enough...

From what I can tell, even the people who don't use the forums are upset by Fable. My entire friend's list and everyone I know from school were all upset, and from the numerous boards I've visited I know very few people there are satisfied as well. Someone on ign also posted a rather lengthy article on how Fable 3 failed. It really can open your eyes. Why don't you take a look?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1130705p1.html

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Ah yes, I've read the article. It makes fair points but nothing that can't be overcome. I take great personal joy in creating challenges for myself in game with no game quite as easy t ratchet up the difficulty in than the fable series. From looking back at boasts (fable 1) I'd say it's not entirely out of the question to self impose - no potions or food rules or only use x weapon or use an unupgraded weapon (stick) or do the game naked...or even if you want to get technical 'don't open the entrepreneur chests' now there's a fun one.

I understand most people probably don't want to do this especially since you gain nothing for doing it. I guess I'm just used to a time when rewards (trophies/achievements/money) wasn't a motivation for challenging yourself.

Zangash

Reaction score
Ah yes, I've read the article. It makes fair points but nothing that can't be overcome. I take great personal joy in creating challenges for myself in game with no game quite as easy t ratchet up the difficulty in than the fable series. From looking back at boasts (fable 1) I'd say it's not entirely out of the question to self impose - no potions or food rules or only use x weapon or use an unupgraded weapon (stick) or do the game naked...or even if you want to get technical 'don't open the entrepreneur chests' now there's a fun one.

I understand most people probably don't want to do this especially since you gain nothing for doing it. I guess I'm just used to a time when rewards (trophies/achievements/money) wasn't a motivation for challenging yourself.

The rewards for successfully doing boasts were a driving force to make you complete it. I remember sprinting through TwinBlade's camp because I had boasted that not only was I going to do the mission naked, but that I wouldn't kill a single Bandit. When you're running on self imposed challenges, there's nothing stopping you from cheating but self-discipline, and there are no punishments for not completing them.

I also like my villagers running from me at the very sight of me, not people gathering in a crowd and begging for their lives...

Recycled Human

Reaction score
I wasn't insulting fable 1s boast system rather I was saying that it is an example that should be followed. I would like to direct your attention to the FFT challenges, look them up some time the depth required to prove your accomplishment is really a sight to behold. Cheating is possible which is precisely why I'd love to have a boast system back, but it's also possible to do something without reward. And there are plenty of old school games that support that.

Reaction score
Firstly, thanks for this thread, it hit the question I was asking myself spot on :p

Secondly, I think a "School Counselor-section" of the forums should be added. Obviously there is some tension and unresolved issues in here between two boys and I think they would feel much better after expressing their feelings, forgiving eachother with a big bear hug and go buy some candy.

Thirdly and back to the subject, I was really hoping that you would get to continue sitting on the throne and making decisions as King after you completed the storyline. But doesn't seem like it :S

bradio12

Reaction score
WELL IM DONE WITH FABLE 3 FOR NOW TILL I GET DLC TILL THEN IMMA GONNA PLAY MY NEWEST GAME......

[PROTOTYPE]

SebClem

Reaction score
Once you established Driftwood, you still need to wait a while, once they get some bridges up, you need to find them a carpenter and stuff.

Also there's some missions in Aurora you don't get until you've beat the story. Why, just today I had to fetch a brain for an old hermit...

seems a bit of a waste of time - having a whole section dedicated to one crappy little quest. Was a good idea, but seemed a little silly not to have more to do in a whole extra section!

Status
Not open for further replies.