• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spell-weaving and new Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
Spell-weaving and new Spells

Sorry if something like this already got made
I'm liking the idea of Gauntlets and the ability to weave spells together. I'm hoping it's as good as it sounds. But what new spells do you think there's going to be, if any at all. And what spell combinations are you going to try out first?
I know I'm definitely trying out Vortex and Shock :lol:
Post your ideas :w00t:

EDIT: If this has been done already, lock it please

Overan

Reaction score
Re: Spell-weaving and new Spells

I am hopingRaise Dead & firebolt creates flaming zombies

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Overan;418223 said:
I am hopingRaise Dead & firebolt creates flaming zombies

Hahah, that'd be fun to watch happen ^_^

Lynne

Reaction score

Well the new ice spell looks pretty rad, I bet that would be really cool with vortex, if that spell is still around. I'm not a huge spell user, because I hated will lines, but when I did use spells I tended to go with the more destructive ones, like Shock and Fire. I hope they have some really awesome new ones that are more creative than the normal elemental kind.

Overan

Reaction score

What was the name of that one evil firery destruction circle spell from Fable 1. Whatever it was let them bring that back.

Also I am wondering what happens when two opposing elements are combined life firebolt and ice storm.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Overan;418231 said:
What was the name of that one evil firery destruction circle spell from Fable 1. Whatever it was let them bring that back.

Infernal Wrath. There was also Enflame which created a wave of flames that erupted from where your character was.

Vortex will be one of the spells that does return from Fable II.

@GhostlyIcicle: Cut back on the smiley faces man, it's getting a bit annoying to read your posts.

Lynne

Reaction score

I can't find the source, but I'm almost postive I read somewhere that certain spell combos could cancel each other out.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lynne;418238 said:
I can't find the source, but I'm almost postive I read somewhere that certain spell combos could cancel each other out.

Indeed. Spells containing elements such fire and ice will cancel each other out while others will create devastating new spells such as a flaming tornado. Of course, I haven't heard much aside from that so I don't know what another nifty spells we can make but it's been said that there is (at least) 20 different spell combinations.

KnightImmortal33

Holy Hero
Reaction score

Just saw a vid that combined fire and vortex :) very freaking awesome. It showed a directed vortex which looks powerful and a area effect vortex charged for a long time. The magic will be amazing in this game.:D

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

I hope we'll be seeing some new spells aside from the ice one, but so long as the big ones (fire, shock, vortex) are brought back that's fine by me. Guess a Raise Dead/Vortex combo makes flying zombies? Lol...

Externium

Reaction score

I'm assuming most if not all spells will do damage. Like how the time control spell is now being made into a potion. It would be odd to combine damaging spells with none damaging spells. But that's just my opinion.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Externium;418283 said:
I'm assuming most if not all spells will do damage. Like how the time control spell is now being made into a potion. It would be odd to combine damaging spells with none damaging spells. But that's just my opinion.

It's possible but it would depend on the spell and what its effects are. Of course a spell (or should I say potion? Blech) like Time Control wouldn't work very well with a damaging spell. I mean... I think I'd be more afraid of what would happen to the universe if I managed to set time... on fire.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Cut most of'em off. Didn't know there was going to be an ice spell. My main spells with probably be Shock and Ice then, supposing they don't somehow cancel eachother out. High Voltage Ice. I like. The new spell combining is making me think of spellcraft Oblivion-style :lol: Adding Fire, Ice and Shock to the same spell was always pretty devestating.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Oh, sounds goooood. Although, high voltage ice and setting time on fire sounds... dodgy

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The setting time on fire thing was meant to be a joke. High voltage ice? Highly unlikely. That will either be a combination that cancels each other out or has an effect that will completely blow our minds.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418476 said:
The setting time on fire thing was meant to be a joke. High voltage ice? Highly unlikely. That will either be a combination that cancels each other out or has an effect that will completely blow our minds.

Why would that cancel the other out? Electrified water? Ice is a state of water? Has to have some effect, but it won't cancel out.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score

i want like a brute gauntlet and a lightning gauntlet, creating a thunder god that when he punches you you fly 147 yards knocking anyone in the way of the guy's path down

GrimWhim

Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;418482 said:
Why would that cancel the other out? Electrified water? Ice is a state of water? Has to have some effect, but it won't cancel out.

Ice =/= water. Sure, ice can melt into water and water can be frozen into ice but otherwise it's not going to conduct electricity. The lightning spell would have no effect on the ice spell.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418522 said:
Ice =/= water. Sure, ice can melt into water and water can be frozen into ice but otherwise it's not going to conduct electricity. The lightning spell would have no effect on the ice spell.

Grim, if you can slow time and use it to rush forward, I think you can somehow combine Ice and Shock.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;418685 said:
Grim, if you can slow time and use it to rush forward, I think you can somehow combine Ice and Shock.

When you rush forward you're essentially speeding up time for yourself. Ice and Shock are just two things incapable of being combined. You'll have to get over that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.