• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spell-weaving and new Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Re: Spell-weaving and new Spells

Both arguments are invalid as Time Control is now a potion.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

Hmm...

Vortex and Fire maybe. A Flame Tornado? Think about using it on the Undead.

Shock + Fire would be awesome. Using it to stun and damage the enemy.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418779 said:
When you rush forward you're essentially speeding up time for yourself. Ice and Shock are just two things incapable of being combined. You'll have to get over that one.

Well we'll cross this bridge when we come to it won't we. When Fable III actually comes out. Then you can gloat. Supposing your right.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;418791 said:

My argument wouldn't be invalid. I was talking about how you can slow time down for yourself. Surely if you can do that, you can combine Shock and Ice. That was my argument.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;418795 said:
My argument wouldn't be invalid. I was talking about how you can slow time down for yourself. Surely if you can do that, you can combine Shock and Ice. That was my argument.

Does not compute...

There is no relation...

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;418798 said:
Does not compute...

There is no relation...

WELL WE'LL SEE WHEN THE GAME ACTUALLY COMES OUT.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;418791 said:

That doesn't render either argument invalid. In fact, I'd say that's irrelevant to our arguments.

GhostlyIcicle;418794 said:
Well we'll cross this bridge when we come to it won't we. When Fable III actually comes out. Then you can gloat. Supposing your right.

I don't need to gloat. It's not going to happen but you know what? The frustrated look on your face when I am right will be priceless, make sure you get someone to take a picture of you when it happens so they can send it to me. I could use a good laugh.

GhostlyIcicle;418795 said:

Ice and shock. Okay, go get a block of ice and try to electrocute it. Tell me what happens. Mind you, you need to put the block of ice in a place where it will not melt. Ooo, that might be pretty damn funny too. Try to record yourself doing that and then send it to me.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

Maybe you just shoot ice out of one hand and electricity out of the other? Pretty lame, but I don't think that any spells will just cancel each other out. It doesn't have to be electric ice-cubes you're hitting them with.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

POOP;418834 said:
Maybe you just shoot ice out of one hand and electricity out of the other? Pretty lame, but I don't think that any spells will just cancel each other out. It doesn't have to be electric ice-cubes you're hitting them with.

Electric ice cubes... lmao. It's been said that certain spells would cancel each other out. This is most likely one of them. It would be silly and a bit overpowering to cast two separate spells simultaneously.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418832 said:
That doesn't render either argument invalid. In fact, I'd say that's irrelevant to our arguments.

I don't need to gloat. It's not going to happen but you know what? The frustrated look on your face when I am right will be priceless, make sure you get someone to take a picture of you when it happens so they can send it to me. I could use a good laugh.

Ice and shock. Okay, go get a block of ice and try to electrocute it. Tell me what happens. Mind you, you need to put the block of ice in a place where it will not melt. Ooo, that might be pretty damn funny too. Try to record yourself doing that and then send it to me.

Maybe the electricity jolt would shatter the ice, causing an electrified hail/rainstorm.

But if it's overpowering to cast two spells simultaneously, how are you going to combine them? You cast them both into eachother to make something else.

Go get a potion that slows down time.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;418854 said:
Go get a potion that slows down time.

Oh jeez. I'm sorry you want something unrealistic, even for a video game, added. In order for it to make sense it would need to conduct electricity. It can't just wrap itself around the ice and be combined that way. But hell, if we're asking for unrealistic things, I want time to be tangible so I can put it over rice, dump soy sauce on it and have it for dinner.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score

like fore and water making a steam cloud

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418856 said:
Oh jeez. I'm sorry you want something unrealistic, even for a video game, added. In order for it to make sense it would need to conduct electricity. It can't just wrap itself around the ice and be combined that way. But hell, if we're asking for unrealistic things, I want time to be tangible so I can put it over rice, dump soy sauce on it and have it for dinner.

A thunderstorm? A somehow electrical hailstorm? I don't know.

The point of this thread was for people to tell what new spells they'd like to see, what combinations they'd like to try. It's like the Raise Dead & Inferno spell mixed. Flaming zombies? They'd probably be doing more damage to themselves over time than to the opponent.

It doesn't necesarrily have to be realistic. I'd of thought the fact that you can produce electricity from your hand at Will (literally ^_^ ) would be pretty unrealistic as well. I made a suggestion. Ice and Shock. No more ridiculous than any other spell combination.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Grim, you are being very much a Killjoy, you disagree, big deal, you don't have to constantly whine back about and Icicle, you're doing the same. Although I do Agree with you.

Anyways, in my opinion, if one were to combine shock and Ice it may work in the way that the Lightning may freeze the opponent on contact. Idk, just a thought.

And I'd combine Inferno and Ice to create a water attack. Seeing fire could melt ice turning it into water which will cancel out the flame.

And here's a list of other combinations

Ice + Vortex = Hailstorm
Fire + Vortex = A fire Tornado
Shock + Vortex = A storm
Blades + Ice = Blades that will freeze you upon Impalement
Shock + Blades = Electrocution upon impalement
Force Push + Fire = Might surround you in a fire forcefield

Those are all just thoughts.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;418864 said:
Grim, you are being very much a Killjoy, you disagree, big deal, you don't have to constantly whine back about and Icicle, you're doing the same. Although I do Agree with you.

Anyways, in my opinion, if one were to combine shock and Ice it may work in the way that the Lightning may freeze the opponent on contact. Idk, just a thought.

And I'd combine Inferno and Ice to create a water attack. Seeing fire could melt ice turning it into water which will cancel out the flame.

And here's a list of other combinations

Ice + Vortex = Hailstorm
Fire + Vortex = A fire Tornado
Shock + Vortex = A storm
Blades + Ice = Blades that will freeze you upon Impalement
Shock + Blades = Electrocution upon impalement
Force Push + Fire = Might surround you in a fire forcefield

Those are all just thoughts.

I'm just being defensive, but I guess you're right :lol:
Nice combination list there btw +rep

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;418864 said:

I don't care if I'm being a killjoy or not. I'm not here to make everyone feel happy and great about themselves. Also, there's a difference between "whining" and poking holes in one's argument. I'm doing the same? I'm not coming up with a ridiculous spell combination then foam out the mouth when someone provides evidence of it being impossible. You wanna insult someone? Insult him for being adamant in his decision to be ignorant.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

GrimWhim;418871 said:
I don't care if I'm being a killjoy or not. I'm not here to make everyone feel happy and great about themselves. Also, there's a difference between "whining" and poking holes in one's argument. I'm doing the same? I'm not coming up with a ridiculous spell combination then foam out the mouth when someone provides evidence of it being impossible. You wanna insult someone? Insult him for being adamant in his decision to be ignorant.

Look, so what if it seems so very stupid to you. You don't have to express the opinion. It's sometimes better not to start unnecessary arguments. Let someone be stupid if that is what you believe they are being.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;418891 said:
Look, so what if it seems so very stupid to you. You don't have to express the opinion. It's sometimes better not to start unnecessary arguments. Let someone be stupid if that is what you believe they are being.

I don't have to express my opinion? Then what use would it be to be on this forum? Or to even have opinions? You may want to think a little longer before posting next time.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418913 said:
I don't have to express my opinion? Then what use would it be to be on this forum? Or to even have opinions? You may want to think a little longer before posting next time.

Dude, stop. You're being way too defensive. He's just fiving you advice, if you know people will flame you if you say something, simply don't.

Remember Maxley the Hobbe

king_reaver

Reaction score

stop argue about ice combine electricity wait til we get the game
then try combine it, who ever is right gets brag about it.
spell blade + spell fire=burning blade

Status
Not open for further replies.