• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Test Level???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Test Level???

Sephiroxas;66866 said:
I want to see the weapons. :ninja:

That's what I was thinking too *cough* guns *cough*. And maybe they'll add dual-wielding, that'd be slick. Perhaps a gun in one hand and a rapier in the other and a way to either fire the gun or swing the rapier, so you can switch between meele and ranged combat really fast.... but that might be to ask for too much.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Do you reckon the dog will eliminate the 'Summon' spell?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

droded;66870 said:

I hope not. A loyal mutt by your side is a different matter completely than to binding the undead soul of your enemies to do your biding.

J

Jester.

Dark Drakan;66862 said:
Yeah me to i want to see what sort of collision detection and physics the character models are going to have.
^^
havok perhaps?

Varc;66865 said:
Whatever it is I bet it'll be lessened as the dog becomes more and more injured. Molyneux said that the dog can't die in normal combat, so then what's to stop players from just sending the dog in and having it do all the work.
the fun of killing my dear friend the pure fun of it! muahahaha:lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;66870 said:

Hmm never thought of that actually but it would kind of make sense i guess but i imagine there will be sort some of summon spell availible at some point.

Varc;66865 said:
Molyneux said that the dog can't die in normal combat, so then what's to stop players from just sending the dog in and having it do all the work.

They have said that the dog will not be enough to take most enemies down alone and will be more of a distraction at times.

Jester.;66880 said:
havok perhaps?

Obviously, i meant the way the models react to sword hits and whether their will be any sort of rag doll physics.

V

Varc

Lol, true, but you could still exploit it for say a boss battle. At any rate, if you ask me, it wouldn't be a good thing for the possibility to exist in the first place regardless of whether or not you'd use it.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Mayhaps the dog won't "die" but will be knocked unconcious when it's Health reaches 1 and is disabled until you heal it, or it will slowly regain it's Health when out of combat.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Varc;66885 said:
Lol, true, but you could still exploit it for say a boss battle. At any rate, if you ask me, it wouldn't be a good thing for the possibility to exist in the first place regardless of whether or not you'd use it.

Im sure they have thought about this possiblity and ways around it one way or another.

Tsuyu;66886 said:
Mayhaps the dog won't "die" but will be knocked unconcious when it's Health reaches 1 and is disabled until you heal it, or it will slowly regain it's Health when out of combat.

Interesting point and one that could work.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

That would suck. Your dog gets knocked out and you get lost.

J

Jester.

Dark Drakan;66884 said:
They have said that the dog will not be enough to take most enemies down alone and will be more of a distraction at times.
Obviously, i meant the way the models react to sword hits and whether their will be any sort of rag doll physics.
isnt that what basicaly havok is? basicaly oblivion style with a fable feel to it?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

droded;66893 said:

You won't "get lost" - your character aint a big blumbering baffoon that is totally helpless without the dog.

Besides, the dog would wake up after the combat, granted that you don't die of course, and you'd be back on track.

J

Jester.

droded;66893 said:
I could see that happing to people who arnt use to not having a hud...angel?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Jester.;66895 said:
isnt that what basicaly havok is? basicaly oblivion style with a fable feel to it?

Havok is not 'rag doll' physics as such no its how the items react with each other depending on weight and material they are made of as havok was also used in the games like 'Happy Feet' 'Over the Hedge' and 'WWE Crush Hour' where there are no rag dolls involved obviously but also used in greats like 'F.E.A.R.' 'Oblivion' 'Half Life 2' and 'Painkiller' where there are Rag Dolls so to say Havok = Rag Dolls would be untrue.

J

Jester.

droded;66893 said:

Dark Drakan;66905 said:
Havok is not 'rag doll' physics as such no its how the items react with each other depending on weight and material they are made of as havok was also used in the games like 'Happy Feet' 'Over the Hedge' and 'WWE Crush Hour' where there are no rag dolls involved obviously but also used in greats like 'F.E.A.R.' 'Oblivion' 'Half Life 2' and 'Painkiller' where there are Rag Dolls so to say Havok = Rag Dolls would be untrue.
my bad its just they all say havok pyshics on the lable so...half life 2 owns too but i like cs

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Jester.;66898 said:
I could see that happing to people who arnt use to not having a hud...angel?

Exactly! ^_^

J

Jester.

However once you play a game enough the places and locations to me become like second nature and i tend to remeber where everything is> just like in GTA

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Jester.;66921 said:
However once you play a game enough the places and locations to me become like second nature and i tend to remeber where everything is> just like in GTA

True, in real life its not like someone comes up to you to hand you a map in every single place you go and you have to familiarize yourself with the area and look around a bit and this gives you more of an incentive to explore.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

In final fantasy XII, the chest locations are random.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;66927 said:
True, in real life its not like someone comes up to you to hand you a map in every single place you go and you have to familiarize yourself with the area and look around a bit and this gives you more of an incentive to explore.

UNLESS you live in a town based on a random level generator á la Diablo!... which would be a cool feature for Fable II, though highly unlikely.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;66934 said:
In final fantasy XII, the chest locations are random.

Would also give people more reason to explore, each game has its own way of 'persuading' gamers to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.