• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Death of Reaver **spoilers!!**

Dag204

Long-Time Albion resident
Reaction score
The Death of Reaver **spoilers!!**

Am I the only one who really wants to kill Reaver? Esp. when you are listening to Luciens rant and you get ready to blow his head off, REAVER DOES IT!!!!! :realmad: not to mention he single handedly destroyed Oakvale and caused my character to become really old.

all for the death of Reaver...Say I...

I!

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score
Re: The Death of Reaver **spoilers!!**

Actually I am very upset that he destroyed Oakvale. I just read his letters last night. It blew me away, that he did that. :(

Dag204

Reaction score

Actually in the letters he sounds quite remorsefull, but after 200 years he seems to have moved on into a life of desolution and corruption.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Wewt, I'm not the only one wanting to slice and dice that nonce into tiny pieces and feed him to my dog. Personally I think its just the arrogant nature of the guy, and the Oakvale thing was awful tbh, had a great connection to it in the original game and to not even be able to explore it fully in the new game due to the fallen trees and barriers is kind of sucky. DEATH TO REAVER!

Oh...

Aye.
:lol:

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

shikari;231617 said:
i like reaver

Yes, I liked him too, but he destroyed Oakvale, and there's no way to fix it.:( I have been trying to find a way, and I can't.:'(

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

yeah oakvale isnt coming back in fab2. i dont hate him and i dont like him, but id prolly kill him cuz i do that to everyone

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Zarkes;231624 said:
yeah oakvale isnt coming back in fab2. i dont hate him and i dont like him, but id prolly kill him cuz i do that to everyone

Well, I'm pure and good, and upset that I can't fix it.:'(

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I was so hoping i kewd visit all the old towns and find treasures and tuff, the only town the really brought back was bowerstone and i hated that town the most! I was hella wanting to visit snowspire, hookcoast, and knothole again

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Zarkes;231637 said:
I was so hoping i kewd visit all the old towns and find treasures and tuff, the only town the really brought back was bowerstone and i hated that town the most! I was hella wanting to visit snowspire, hookcoast, and knothole again

Bowerstone = Bowerstone
Hook Coast = Bloodstone
Knothole Glade = Westcliff
Oakfield = Oakvale

Well, for the new game those would be the equivilants I think. Nothing really replaces the original locales though...

Damn, I wanna go play Fable over again now :(

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

reaver is a full blow high class prime cut olympic douchbag full of ****. i would rather blow his brains out than luciens. although after playing a secound time i find him a bit funny. the first time i hated his guts, especially after he killed lucien. he is such a cowardly prick.

RachelDisco

Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;231669 said:
Bowerstone = Bowerstone
Hook Coast = Bloodstone
Oakfield = Oakvale

Wraithmarsh(sp?)=Oakvale I thought?
Well at least wraithmarsh used to be oakvale.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

You are correct - the little village, near the entrance to the Shadow court, is Oakvale. Theresa even mentioned it.

RachelDisco

Reaction score

I thought so.
I finished the game today.
Quite proud.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

RachelDisco;231793 said:
Wraithmarsh(sp?)=Oakvale I thought?
Well at least wraithmarsh used to be oakvale.

Wraithmarsh is the dark dreary forested kind of place where evil lurks, same concept as Darkwood in the original Fable. It obviously evolved from Darkwood as it grew and enveloped the destroyed Oakvale therefore consuming Oakvale in its wake making it pretty much non existent- the similarities between Wraithmarsh and Darkwood far outweigh those of Oakvale despite if the remnants of what Oakvale once was are located there, or not. I would hazard a guess that any survivors of Oakvale and the tragedy there would have moved and relocated to Oakfield, possibly settling a new area.

Oakfield = New Oakvale because its the countryside area with a homely kind of feel to it. Hook Coast = Bloodstone because their the ports, Knothole = Westcliff because their the place close to the arena based area and sort of stranded in an out of the way rainy forest style everglades zone.

Dag204

Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;231669 said:
Bowerstone = Bowerstone
Hook Coast = Bloodstone
Oakfield = Oakvale

Well, for the new game those would be the equivilants I think. Nothing really replaces the original locales though...

Damn, I wanna go play Fable over again now :(

Wraithsmarsh is Oakvale/Darkwood

Blood Stone is Twinblades Camp

WestCliff isn't knothole but may be in the witchwood area due to the high concentration of Balverines

And the above is right :D

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

What's especially amusing about all this is I think PM or another member of the development team said that Lucien wasn't the most evil character in Fable 2. I guess now we know who they were referring to :p

Actually, if you bother to look at it, there's actually a lot of interesting questions about your quest and your "allies" (as far as Theresa and Reaver are concerned). Was it the right thing to destroy Lucien? Should Reaver really be left alive, as many times as he cheated death? What about Theresa at the end. What is she doing? (you'll understand what I mean if you've seen it)

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dag204;232034 said:
Wraithsmarsh is Oakvale/Darkwood

Blood Stone is Twinblades Camp

WestCliff isn't knothole but may be in the witchwood area due to the high concentration of Balverines

And the above is right :D

How is Bloodstone Twinblades camp?

Westcliff is obviously the Fable 2 version of Knothole Glade for sure- it has the Arena area located around it and the entire scenic setting is practically the same atmosphere.

If you look at the characteristics of the towns in Fable, the locale, the settings, the weather and overall tone in general the similarities to the towns in the sequel are unmistakable. Just to clarify this, I am talking about towns in terms of tone/atmosphere/style/design as opposed to geographical location.

Oakvale is null and void, it was destroyed, no longer in existence and to my knowledge not explorable, therefore the title of new Oakvale falls to Oakfield because of the similarities between the original.

R

Rolandk73

I never saw him kill Luke (It's a much scarier name than lucien). The moment Luke started talking, I shot him in the face.
Luke; You think you've won?
Me; Yes
shoots
Luke; dead

J

Jofrak

Orpheus Lupus;232119 said:
What's especially amusing about all this is I think PM or another member of the development team said that Lucien wasn't the most evil character in Fable 2. I guess now we know who they were referring to :p

Actually, if you bother to look at it, there's actually a lot of interesting questions about your quest and your "allies" (as far as Theresa and Reaver are concerned). Was it the right thing to destroy Lucien? Should Reaver really be left alive, as many times as he cheated death? What about Theresa at the end. What is she doing? (you'll understand what I mean if you've seen it)
He wouldn't be left alive if I had any choice in the matter =D