• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The singing sword/better bard discovery.

J

Jayjay

The singing sword/better bard discovery.

I realised there is no actual existence of the "Singing Sword" or the "Better bard" Quest which was possibly linked to it, as it was taken out of the game in its design. However, i have come across a quite interesting discovery.

I am quite interested in the little details of fable: TLC, as it is one of the best games ive witnessed. So i decided to continue with this.

I stumbled upon a grave in Hook coast with the description "Master R bard shaw lies here. His music can be heard wherever you go"

I realised most of the gossip comes from the town folk passing by in the towns, So i decided to hire a henchman (A pure, good henchman.)and lead him close to the graveyard, it was around 4am, although i doubt this has relevance, I can't remember the exact words, but it was close to "Ay' there Hero, have ye' heard the legend (although i'm not sure if he said myth) of the fabled Sword Of Songs? The master... " after this, the game starts to go strange and laggy, dropping to about 2 fps, and the henchman stutters "The mas-s-t-e-e-e-e-e-e-r-rrrr o-o-o-o-o-o" and the game freezes.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the voice actor of the henchman has a different voice to the voice of the other things he says. its much deeper.

I discovered this not 5 days ago, and i have not been able to mimic it once more. So i decided to come here. Has anyone else done this?

Could this possibly be clue to the Singing sword? Again i realised it was taken out early in the development, Although they appear to left a few pre-quest / quote clues in the game.

If anyone is able to make this accurance happen again, please notify me, there may be more interesting facts =]

Thank you.

-Jayjay

Z

Zingo

Re: The singing sword/better bard discovery.

Sounds like a hoax, if you ask me. It can be easily explored by ripping off all the sound from the fable data and then listening through it.

Furthermore, the voice starting to lag makes no sense at all. If it would lag the sound would continue to play after it was issued. The 'freeze-lag' sound you hear sometimes in games is a very short sound repeating over and over again. Not a sound fragment!

If someone could prove me wrong, and instead prove that these soundfiles actually exists, congratulations...

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

ater i completed teh game a few times i tried searchin for it (yes with acknowledgement it was taken out) there are a few hoax clues about it all around but hey it gives you somethign to do for a hour or so when you completed it so i eint spoiling nth =p

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

If you have the PC version, can't you just look for the file and play it to hear it??? And can't you also just look for the quest if the quest was really there?

H

hellish bard

i belive u because when i was once with a body gaurd he said like aye there hero but then was killed by a gaurd yyyeeehhhh the gaurds in albion in my pc game are like the most feared thing ever i hacked the obsian sword not thinkin about the gaurds and it wont change back they have the power of avo

S

Scubs

Wow, that is really weird i guess it is just a fragment iof the quest that was not taken out of the game.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Ay' there Hero, have ye' heard the legend

Those are the words used by a villager when you first get the Sword in the Stone Quest, perhaps Jayjay got a bit mixed up, or maybe he is just trying to get folks to go on a wild (sand)goose chase.

P

PiNo RoKr

oh my f*cking god, shut up about this,
there is NO singing sword
No better bard
nothing! I hate this topic

jwc2200

Reaction score

PiNo RoKr;180425 said:
No better bard

On an open forum such as this, we are allowed to discuss anything we want, within the site rules. A few of us are saying the quests do not exist, we are just each expressing it in our own way. I am not telling you what to do, I am just making a suggestion, if you hate the topic, don't view it, where as you, are telling people to shut up. That is rude, I do not like to be told to shut up. We are following the site rules, you are not, offensive posts and profanity are not allowed. I am not a moderator or staff member of any sort, but I do feel I am allowed to say that you should read the rules when you post an offensive comment that is directed at me.

http://forums.projectego.net/f5/announcements/pe-net-rules-guidelines-1/

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

PiNo RoKr;180425 said:
No better bard

Lol man, we all know. We have been acknowledging that they were taken out of the game. We are simply talking about the bits that were left in that we happen to find interesting. So STFU

X

Xeon

PiNo RoKr;180425 said:
No better bard

Like the two gentlemen above me said: Shut the **** up you moron, we're simply talking about whats left of the singing sword, you can still find traces of the singing sword as you can also find traces of pre TBC dragons and a second guild.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

PiNo RoKr;180425 said:
No better bard
If you hate this topic, why would you read it? I also saw the tombstones, with all the writings, and there was a better bard, it was in the Acropolis.o_O

jokerboy

That One Guy
Reaction score

I may seem newbish for asking this, but what is the Singing Sword and the Better Bard? And the Sandgoose?

jwc2200

Reaction score

These are things that can be found in some of the game files. They were never finished. There are a few things that the developers put in the code, but never activated.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah. They are basically things that they decided to leave out, but not completely. I think it's really interesting how you can find remnants of them within the game.

O

Oni_Azif

ok its been a long while since ive played TLC but i watched a video yesterday where the guy had the Good henchman with him and the henchman began talking about the Statue Master in front of the guild, I had never heard this before i knew all about the tricky bugger but i was wondering about other Artifacts round Albion, such as the Sundial in the Picnic does the henchman (good or evil) have anything to expand upon its story?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Oni_Azif;180776 said:
ok its been a long while since ive played TLC but i watched a video yesterday where the guy had the Good henchman with him and the henchman began talking about the Statue Master in front of the guild, I had never heard this before i knew all about the tricky bugger but i was wondering about other Artifacts round Albion, such as the Sundial in the Picnic does the henchman (good or evil) have anything to expand upon its story?
Statue master? I'd never heard that one. Inquiring minds want to know.:)

jwc2200

Reaction score

Maybe he means the statue that has to point to Bowerstone to be able to open the tavern cellar doors, or point to Greatwood for the chest to be there.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

jwc2200;180784 said:
Maybe he means the statue that has to point to Bowerstone to be able to open the tavern cellar doors, or point to Greatwood for the chest to be there.
Mazes, statue? That's a thought. I've used it's directions, numerous times. Right after the wasp quest, I rush to it, it points to Greatwood, and rush there, to get the augmentaion, through the first gate, to the left. Ignore the people who need help though, or the chest could disappear.;)
Thanks for answering.

jwc2200

Reaction score

If you use FreeRoam you can change the script name in the Greatwood .tng file to NULL and you can get that aug whenever you want. You can also change the Bowerstone Slums .tng script name for the tavern cellar and cellar hatch to NULL and open that whenever you want.