• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The singing sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: The singing sword

cycl.exe;28976 said:
Ok, this is my first post on this forum, and it ain't gonna be bull****,
just watch this vid and you'll see...
YouTube - Fable - Singing Sword
Now, is this the "real" singing sword?
Is it some kind of trick?
Is it a mod?
it's up to you.......

Yeah just a mod, as some textures are missing and as Sephiroxas said it just looks like the bereaver with lightning effect turned up.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;28994 said:
Yeah just a mod, as some textures are missing and as Sephiroxas said it just looks like the bereaver with lightning effect turned up.

yay I'm smart!!!

I wish you COULD adjust the effect of how big the augmentation looks, but not how much damage it does.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;29007 said:
yay I'm smart!!!

I wish you COULD adjust the effect of how big the augmentation looks, but not how much damage it does.

Can if you got PC version :p but yeah a little tweak like that might look nice even though it would just be a cosmetic effect.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;29031 said:
Can if you got PC version :p but yeah a little tweak like that might look nice even though it would just be a cosmetic effect.

I meant like...as a game option.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;29044 said:
I meant like...as a game option.

I know what you meant ;)

LadyGrey

Crazy Love Goddess
Reaction score

wow... I can't believe this thread has been going since February. lol Even more amazing to me is that I actually read all 394 posts, and followed most of the links. HaHaHa....

Anyway, I'm pretty new to this whole xbox experience. I know, I'm a little behind here, considering the 360 is out now, and I *just* bought the original system. *sigh* One day I'll learn to keep up.

So I have a question for you all.... and this will probably sound pretty stupid, but... what exactly is involved in modding an xbox, is it worth it, and how can I find out if mine already is, since I bought it second-hand? Okay, that was 3 questions... my bad. :D

And about the singing sword... I know, I know... "It doesn't exist!" :wacko: But I figure, if people want to continue believing it's out there, what does it matter? I mean, they might come across some pretty wicked stuff that would not otherwise be discovered while they're looking for it, right? Oh well...

A couple other things... that whole thing about 'kick a red chicken onto a blue boat'... well, we figured what the hell, and we tried it. All that happened was that both blue boats disappeared and never returned. We (by we, I refer to my husband and myself) also wandered around the Lost Bay looking for that freakin' blue nymph, but to no avail. Anyone actually had any luck with that? I'm kinda thinking that myth is busted.

Uuummm.... I think that's it. Good to meet you all, you're all freakin' hilarious! :w00t:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

LadyGrey;30329 said:
wow... I can't believe this thread has been going since February. lol Even more amazing to me is that I actually read all 394 posts, and followed most of the links. HaHaHa....

Anyway, I'm pretty new to this whole xbox experience. I know, I'm a little behind here, considering the 360 is out now, and I *just* bought the original system. *sigh* One day I'll learn to keep up.

So I have a question for you all.... and this will probably sound pretty stupid, but... what exactly is involved in modding an xbox, is it worth it, and how can I find out if mine already is, since I bought it second-hand? Okay, that was 3 questions... my bad. :D

And about the singing sword... I know, I know... "It doesn't exist!" :wacko: But I figure, if people want to continue believing it's out there, what does it matter? I mean, they might come across some pretty wicked stuff that would not otherwise be discovered while they're looking for it, right? Oh well...

A couple other things... that whole thing about 'kick a red chicken onto a blue boat'... well, we figured what the hell, and we tried it. All that happened was that both blue boats disappeared and never returned. We (by we, I refer to my husband and myself) also wandered around the Lost Bay looking for that freakin' blue nymph, but to no avail. Anyone actually had any luck with that? I'm kinda thinking that myth is busted.

Uuummm.... I think that's it. Good to meet you all, you're all freakin' hilarious! :w00t:

hahah welcome, another interesting addition to the crazy Fable fanatics of Project Ego. People call me Sephiroxas, but you can call me Markie if you like. I started out my fable investigation with the red boat that is constantly at the prison path docks. I then got into the singing sword, the sandgoose, and every other thing that I could find. I'm still looking for that damn sword..;)
I WANTED to try to kick the chicken in the boat, I almost made it a couple times too, but I got irritated and gave up. So the boats never came back? that's..kinda interesting.
I did notice that the boats at the bowerstone quay have a differen't symbol on the flags...Iunno something I noticed.
I Have NEVER seen the blue nymph, and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist...as for mods, I have no idea, so I'll leave that question to someone else.

again welcome.

That's all I got for now. See you around the forums.:D:D

....I can't believe you read them all. O_O

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

LadyGrey;30329 said:

Nice to have you here and some interesting points well made, take a look at afew of these links about Xbox Modding:

Modding The Xbox Into The Ultimate Multimedia Center | Tom's Hardware UK and Ireland

Gadget Lounge » Modding An xBox.

How Does a Modchip Work Tutorial

The Beginner’s Guide to XBOX Modification v0.2

COMAPRE XBOX MOD CHIPS

LadyGrey

Crazy Love Goddess
Reaction score

Wicked, thanks for those links, Drakan!

And a small update on the blue boat mystery... apparently, they did come back, it just took a few in-game days. Probably close to a week or two, I would think. My husband said something about them going to hook coast and then coming back... I don't know how he figured that's where they went, but it's his story, so whatever...

Still nothing on the sword or anything either. We tried the 'fishing in the lava' theory, but like so many others, were unable to get a fishing spot, both automatically and manually. I'm not sure what we'll try next, but I'll let you know if I find anything. Of course, I'm playing on a damaged disk, so we often joke that we'll be the ones to find the singing sword... and then the disk will give up, we'll lose it, and never be able to find it again. LOL with my luck, that's how it will happen.

Alright, I'm off to search for more stuff! :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

LadyGrey;30432 said:

And a small update on the blue boat mystery... apparently, they did come back, it just took a few in-game days. Probably close to a week or two, I would think. My husband said something about them going to hook coast and then coming back... I don't know how he figured that's where they went, but it's his story, so whatever...

Still nothing on the sword or anything either. We tried the 'fishing in the lava' theory, but like so many others, were unable to get a fishing spot, both automatically and manually. I'm not sure what we'll try next, but I'll let you know if I find anything. Of course, I'm playing on a damaged disk, so we often joke that we'll be the ones to find the singing sword... and then the disk will give up, we'll lose it, and never be able to find it again. LOL with my luck, that's how it will happen.

More interesting points :p and no problem im here to help! ^_^

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

LadyGrey;30432 said:

some interesting easter eggs (too me) anyway, are that if you go to Archon's folly after you defeat jack, zoom in on the gate with your bow, it's blue like you can open it again. I also hear a pile of dragon roars when I stand around there for a long time. The other thing that turns blue when you zoom in on it is Nostro's armour, like you were supposed to be able to take it.

LadyGrey

Crazy Love Goddess
Reaction score

Hey, quick question for you guys (although WAY off topic)... I created a sig pic, but when I try to put it in my signature, it says I can't link to remote something-or-other.... what's the dealie? How do I fix it?

edit: it gives me one of these...
siggy.jpg

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

LadyGrey;30675 said:
Hey, quick question for you guys (although WAY off topic)... I created a sig pic, but when I try to put it in my signature, it says I can't link to remote something-or-other.... what's the dealie? How do I fix it?

edit: it gives me one of these...
siggy.jpg

Upload to ImageVenue.com - Hosting and copy and paste code into signiture.

LadyGrey

Crazy Love Goddess
Reaction score

strange, it's given me a link instead of the image, even though I used the img tags... I've tried 3 times. Any suggestions?

(thanks for the link, too, btw. I had no idea that place existed!)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

LadyGrey;30696 said:
strange, it's given me a link instead of the image, even though I used the img tags... I've tried 3 times. Any suggestions?

(thanks for the link, too, btw. I had no idea that place existed!)

Fixed*

LadyGrey

Crazy Love Goddess
Reaction score

weird... did it fix itself, or did u wave your magic wand at it? lol

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Your sig banner is nice except the maroon writing is WAY to dark to read.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

LadyGrey;30756 said:
weird... did it fix itself, or did u wave your magic wand at it? lol

I fixed it by using another host.

LadyGrey

Crazy Love Goddess
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;30769 said:
Your sig banner is nice except the maroon writing is WAY to dark to read.

Thanks for the heads-up. The contrast on my computer may be set WAY off...

But until I get it fixed... under 'Lady Grey" (in really really dark letters), it says 'Murderer' (I wanted that to be subtle.)
At the Bottom it says "Remorse for what? You people have done everything in the world to me. Doesn't that give me equal right?" (An actual quote from a real murderer... ick.)

Anyway, I'll lighten up the colors a little and upload the new one soon.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

LadyGrey;30874 said:
Thanks for the heads-up. The contrast on my computer may be set WAY off...

But until I get it fixed... under 'Lady Grey" (in really really dark letters), it says 'Murderer' (I wanted that to be subtle.)
At the Bottom it says "Remorse for what? You people have done everything in the world to me. Doesn't that give me equal right?" (An actual quote from a real murderer... ick.)

Anyway, I'll lighten up the colors a little and upload the new one soon.

It could just be this computer too, because my contrast and brightness is really low..

Status
Not open for further replies.