• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The singing sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zesty

Re: The singing sword

Well knowing this will end my useless searching for it, but I guess an interesting fact is that in the original fable the Archon Folly is set up differently, it has 3 broken towers on each corner. Also, i was messing around in that place and something happened but I was able to go to where the lava was and it was weird since I wasn't killed or anything. And if you're wondering, yes I do have a modded xbox.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Zesty;34276 said:
Well knowing this will end my useless searching for it, but I guess an interesting fact is that in the original fable the Archon Folly is set up differently, it has 3 broken towers on each corner. Also, i was messing around in that place and something happened but I was able to go to where the lava was and it was weird since I wasn't killed or anything. And if you're wondering, yes I do have a modded xbox.

Archon's folly is in the orginal fable? I thought you only get to the chamber of fate. And also, I do believe Archon's folly has three towers in TLC you just can't get to them.

Z

Zesty

Ya, it is in the original one, it just looks different, but the outline is still the same. I don't recall seeing towers in the TLC version. Oh and in the Archon Folly in the original Fable it looks like that the only way to kill the dragon was to use ranged attacks and that you would have to switch to melee combat when other enemies come.

V

Vegeta

Can't you only get to Archons folly on TLC?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Zesty;34328 said:
Ya, it is in the original one, it just looks different, but the outline is still the same. I don't recall seeing towers in the TLC version. Oh and in the Archon Folly in the original Fable it looks like that the only way to kill the dragon was to use ranged attacks and that you would have to switch to melee combat when other enemies come.

I looked for a walkthrough for the orginal fable and I searched for "Archon's folly" and I got no matches in the walkthrough. Are you talking about [Link: "dragon cliff"] or whatever? The place you can only get to by modding the Xbox? Cause I'm pretty sure you don't go to Archon's folly at the end of the original fable.

Z

Zesty

Ya you can't without modding your xbox, that is why I said before that I had a modded xbox, and when I played it I forgot the name of it, since it was a while ago, but I think they should of used that version of the map in there since it looks harder to kill the boss since the final boss was way too easy.

D

darkruler500

Oh! Great! Another one of us!:)
Sephiroxas You do seem more knowledgeable

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score

how do u mod ur xbox?

D

darkruler500

You have to get a mod chip and be smart.

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score

oh well then never mind. lol

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

PSYCHOPAT;35187 said:
oh well then never mind. lol

You don't have to be SMART, you can get it done by someone else. but modding I'm pretty sure, is pretty illegal.

darkruler500;35179 said:
Oh! Great! Another one of us!:)
Sephiroxas You do seem more knowledgeable

I try. I know my fable. :)

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score

okay, just a few minuts ago i gave the oricle the sign of moryk and it told me that the sinning sward was a fable and it didnt exsist.

V

Vegeta

Your Lying right?

EDIT: if true... well Fable was a FABLE and it exsists... as a game...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

PSYCHOPAT;35255 said:
okay, just a few minuts ago i gave the oricle the sign of moryk and it told me that the sinning sward was a fable and it didnt exsist.

Yeah I've said that like fifteens times in various differen't Threads before. :) I've been looking for the singing sword forever. It's not int he game. It's not even in the CODING for items in the game. It's not there.

and here's what the oracle says.:

The Singing Sword

One of Albion's oldest fables is the tale of a sword whose enormous powers
were matched only by the perfect pitch voice enormous powers were matched
only by the perfect pitch voice with which it would sing battle songs. But in some versions of the myth, it was its dreadful lack of tune that would defeat whole armies. This has led some scholars to believe that the tale has its root in Temmins, the worst bard ever to exist. He who once killed an old Hero by regaling him with a monstrously bad melody. Unfortunately, it is only a fable, and such a sword has never existed.

and tada a quote from me from another singing sword thread. :D
Sephiroxas;35068 said:
as for information about the singing sword? It was supposed to be in the game. Most likely (Having something to do with the bard)

The Singing Sword
One of Albion's oldest fables is the tale of a sword whose enormous powers were matched only by the perfect pitch voice enormous powers were matched only by the perfect pitch voice with which it would sing battle songs. But in some versions of the myth, it was its dreadful lack of tune that would defeat whole armies. This has led some scholars to believe that the tale has its root in Temmins, the worst bard ever to exist. He who once killed an old Hero by regaling him with a monstrously bad melody. Unfortunately, it is only a fable, and such a sword has never existed.

But I really got nothing it's really not in the game.
any information known, is in the singing sword threads.

So I hope that was helpful. :p

I do agree with 1AK though, the GAME is called fable...so..Why wouldn't the singing sword FABLE be true? I mean mostly everything else that the oracles say is true, aside from the sandgoose and a few other ones I can't think of.
Here's the FAQ that has EVERYTHING the oracles say.

LINK+FAQ

Z

Zesty

lol, I agree with that.

Oh, and modding your xbox is legal if you live in United States. And you can hard mod your xbox with a modchip, requires you to open your xbox, or you can softmod your xbox which is just downloads you put onto the xbox.

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score

ask the oricle the moryk expression it will tell u that no bs

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

BLAST!
The link doesn't work

I Get this when I click on it
Referer Link Error

On every single HTML page of GameFAQs is the following request:
Feel free to link to this page, but </I>not</I> directly to the FAQs.. You're seeing this error message because it appears that you're linking from an external site directly to one of the text files stored at GameFAQs. GameFAQs is not a free public file server. Bandwidth costs money, and when sites link directly to files stored on the site, it becomes both a financial and resource drain. We've tried asking, but some sites simply don't care, so now we've implemented a technical solution.

Found it though thanks

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;35881 said:
BLAST!
The link doesn't work

I Get this when I click on it
Referer Link Error

On every single HTML page of GameFAQs is the following request:
Feel free to link to this page, but </I>not</I> directly to the FAQs.. You're seeing this error message because it appears that you're linking from an external site directly to one of the text files stored at GameFAQs. GameFAQs is not a free public file server. Bandwidth costs money, and when sites link directly to files stored on the site, it becomes both a financial and resource drain. We've tried asking, but some sites simply don't care, so now we've implemented a technical solution.

Found it though thanks

oooh well it's worked before, they must have just put that on. :'(

Fixed the link.:w00t:

C

Curzedchild

So......the end result of this whole thread is....you can only get the singing sword by moding?...

Status
Not open for further replies.