• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa Evil?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fable_2_fan

Evil Crime maker
Reaction score
Re: Theresa Evil?!

I guess She's NOT are evil. In end, he get you a choice to select do you select Sacrifiece, Love or Wealth.
But, why he takes controll of The Spire?
But who is Jack of Blades?

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Jack Of Blades Is The Main Villain In Fable 1 And Fable TLC.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

I think that people named Theresa in general are quite evil. My manager, Theresa, is a beast, if she had guild powers I think she'd telepathically scream at us lowly workers and toss hot oil into our subconscious. ><
Rather off topic but whatever. I don't post enough anymore. xP

A

Alexia_Ashford

I've always thought Theresa was evil from the first time I completed Fable 2. She tells you to buy the box, probably knowing full well what would happen to your sister. "You needed a reason to fight", just like Hannah when her father was killed. What motives does she have to want to take the spire from Lucien? She took the spire for herself knowing what destructive power it had. The whole thing could have been a ploy so she could take it all for herself.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

We will know the future in... SEE THE FUTURE DLC PEOPLE!!!!!!!1!111!!!1oneoeneoneone!111!!111

F

FalconsHonour

I vote evil, or at least evil-ish (and am currently writing a fanfic to that effect, since you mention it. Help. I'm fanficcing Fable. xD). I agree with the OP that it's possible, even likely, that she arranged things so that Hammer had 'a reason to fight', and it's also highly suspicious that she effectively set the whole plot of Fable II in motion by encouraging the young Sparrow and Rose to buy the music box.

As for her motives... perhaps she wants to bring back her brother and/or Jack; perhaps she truly believes that Albion would be better under her control, and intends to use the Spire to that effect. I don't think that her potential belief that she should be In Charge conflicts with wanting Lucien gone (even though he wanted essentially the same thing), as if that is her goal, like all good megalomaniacs, she probably thinks She'd Do It Best Anyway.

And as to her long life, I'm going on hazy memories here, but doesn't the blood of Archon (sp?) have the potential to make one immortal or close to it?

Right, Falcon out before I start to ramble.

R

rockinmeerkat

There are several hints throughout Fable II that Theresa conceals a much darker nature than she lets on. And that she may be a potential antagonist in the future.
  • Lucien brings the main character and his/her sister to his castle after hearing from someone that they've successfully activated the music box. Since the seller claimed it was simply a wish granting magic box, Theresa is the only person who could have known that the children purchased and activated an old kingdom artifact.
  • Lucien's diary refers to dreams of a blind, old woman.
  • After becoming aware of Sister Hannah's vows of pacifism, Theresa mentions that she will need to find a reason for Hannah to fight. Lucien becomes aware of Hannah's location and his henchman kill her father almost immediately after this.
  • After gathering the four heroes and "activating" the Spire power within them, Theresa vanishes. Lucien then appears from nowhere and acts completely unconcerned with Theresa's absence. When asked what he had done with Theresa he states, "Your fortune telling friend? I merely listened."
  • After Lucien's death, Theresa gives the player the reward of his choice and then ominously states: "But the spire... is mine, begone." After which the player has no further contact with her.
  • She seems to have the same shape as one of the shadow's court specters (the one in the center).
  • If you try to swim out to the Spire, you will be unable to get anywhere near it.
  • As the game progresses Theresa's skin loses its hue until it is at a very deep shade of gray. The same skin discoloration appears in Hero characters who become increasingly evil. :unsure:

S

SpiffiestKat

I played Fable 2 a few times with people on co op and every time we would be on the part with Hammer's dad dieing and it made me think of if she's evil and how it "spontaneously" happens right after she says it and at the end too when she stares at you and takes control of the spire.

Milycious

Fabled Pirate
Reaction score

Looks like the Rock Meer Cat convinced me ^^ yep, I think she's evil, even though I only noticed that when she claimed the Spire was hers to keep. Hey look man, Im the dude here who spent 10 years in that crappy tower getting my butt kicked.

Hum... yeah guess she does have that corrupt side, yet she sounds so wise during the storyline. Guess she could be a evil person in Fable3. Personnally, I think she needs to chill out. A good spanking might help.

Saint Sparrow

Reaction score

I don't think she's evil, it's just that she operates in such a clandestine manner yet effects so much. She moves in mysterious and convoluted ways, sometimes for the betterment of those around her, sometimes to the detriment. To her, the ends justify the means because in her mind those ends must be achieved for some higher purpose that she has already foreseen. What that purpose is, we do not know. But if I had to put her on a DnD chart, I'd put her at True Neutral.

J_onny

Reaction score

I think Theresa's gonna turn out to be a bit of a mastermind. I don't know that I'd call her evil but she's definately manipulative and uncomprimising.

She disappeared for 500years. Why 500? Surely generations of people wih hero genes had passed in that time. The only reason to wait was for the spire. We know she sees the future and she's not shy about wanting the spire for herself.

She sets everything into motion by convincing rose to buy the music box. She preys on her desire to live in castle Fairfax even though she had no way of knowing that was Rose's wish.

She says she'll find a way to make Hammer fight - soon after Hammer's father is murdered for no apparent reason and Hammer has a shift in attitude. That's a little too convenient to be coincidence.

Lucien's words 'I merely listened' after Theresa disappears suggest a link between the two - as does Hammer's father being killed by a spire guard.

I think Theresa played both sides, its conceivable that she manipulated a mourning Lucien, told him how to bring his family back, convinced him she could bring him the hero who could stop him. Luciens motives are pretty pure, even if his methods aren't.

When Lucien was convinced the hero was dead he cracked on with the spire - having murdered two children there was no turning back. All the while Theresa raised the hero herself and gave the hero a reason to seek revenge against Lucien.

Then later she manipulated events so that Lucien thought he'd won and fully powered the spire only to be killed by the hero he thought was dead (for the second time) because Theresa safeguarded him/her.

She gets everything she wants without getting her hands dirty.

I think in Fable 3 Theresa will seem quite neutral again for lots of the game but the ultimate decision will all hinge on her. Does the hero support Theresa or fight her? That will be the big question in Fable 3.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

She seems evil... but when u play See The Future, It changed my mind.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

No, Theresa isn't evil as such. She took hold of the Spire to further her prophetic foresight powers. The Spire had something for her too, or so she says in the DLC.
Theresa didn't disappear for 500 years .. she just survived it. She's a descendant of the Archon, she's immortal - She doesn't die.
Again, all she does with the Spire is increase the power of her foresight to see ALL possible futures. She tells you about your child, and it's destiny.
She's not evil at all. Maybe some of her decisions seem a bit malevolently orientated. Theresa knew that Rose was going to die. She made it happen. But if she hadn't, then Lucien would have taken over the world, destroyed it and built the new one. All without you ever discovering your true power and identity.
All Theresa did was to help you. Yeh, maybe she did get something out of it, but she helped you. She saved the Hero of Bowerstone's life. I think she'll come back in the sequel as a guide, once again. :noexpression:

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

rockinmeerkat;293126 said:
There are several hints throughout Fable II that Theresa conceals a much darker nature than she lets on. And that she may be a potential antagonist in the future.
  • Lucien brings the main character and his/her sister to his castle after hearing from someone that they've successfully activated the music box. Since the seller claimed it was simply a wish granting magic box, Theresa is the only person who could have known that the children purchased and activated an old kingdom artifact.
  • Lucien's diary refers to dreams of a blind, old woman.
  • After becoming aware of Sister Hannah's vows of pacifism, Theresa mentions that she will need to find a reason for Hannah to fight. Lucien becomes aware of Hannah's location and his henchman kill her father almost immediately after this.
  • After gathering the four heroes and "activating" the Spire power within them, Theresa vanishes. Lucien then appears from nowhere and acts completely unconcerned with Theresa's absence. When asked what he had done with Theresa he states, "Your fortune telling friend? I merely listened."
  • After Lucien's death, Theresa gives the player the reward of his choice and then ominously states: "But the spire... is mine, begone." After which the player has no further contact with her.
  • She seems to have the same shape as one of the shadow's court specters (the one in the center).
  • If you try to swim out to the Spire, you will be unable to get anywhere near it.
  • As the game progresses Theresa's skin loses its hue until it is at a very deep shade of gray. The same skin discoloration appears in Hero characters who become increasingly evil. :unsure:

Well obviously you're not going to be able to swim out to the Spire, if 100's of miles away. Besides, what are you going to do once you get there? Nothing, there's nothing TO do there. Dude, you can't swim that far out from ANYWEHRE on the coast. Not just toward the Spire.
The have that she has the same figure as the Shadow King, has absolutely no meaning at all. It's the creators just reusing a character model/skin.
Her skin doesn't lose it's hue.
Play the DLC and you'll see how wrong most (not all ^_^ ) of those points were wrong or misguided.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

*looks over at date...02-02-2010*
Necro :(...

balberine slayer

Reaction score

Blade Mr.DK;257668 said:
Theresa can't use tha spire again, once u make a wish therse no point with it.

just thought that i would be the one that makes it clear that there is still a point with the spire just look at it , it is one big pointy thingie :p :lol:+rep

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Rule #7 guys.

Please don't revive old threads. ;)

Thread closed.

balberine slayer;415190 said:
what is a DLC ?

DLC = Downloadable Content

Status