• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa is kinda evil, no? *SPOILER*

E

EvolAdvocate

Theresa is kinda evil, no? *SPOILER*

Your sister says to her: "With 5 gold we could eat for a week" and then Theresa pretty much convinces her to spend the money on a path that eventually results in her death. It's this kind of moral ambiguity that makes the game pure genius.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Theresa is kinda evil, no? *SPOILER*

yeah there are alot of hints to her bieng evil but not necisarrilly evil though. I never did like her she wierded me out in the first one everyone is pondering if she went bad but i know it.

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

she can see the future remember, you know, the whole blind seeress thing!!! she knew it would ultimately lead to her getting the Spire for herself.
another thing, you gotta remember, she was raised by bandits, so why wouldn't she have a bit of evil/corruption in her

** post #CD **
that's #400 btw

H

HeroZ

The way she said, "The spire is mine, Be gone" made me think about whether she is evil

bowerstoned

Reaction score

a lots been mooted on other forums n stuff about her ebing a possible big bad for one of the future fables or for a different set of dlc, i think it'd be fun

Lionheart

Reaction score

I think that maybe she will bring albion back to the way is was 500 years ago and prevent her family dying, like she picks love instead of sacrifice, maybe this changes what happened in fable one and you have to make some difficult decisions . Like do you raid oakvale an kill her family so that her brother can kill jack of blades. Or do you protect it and see the effects it has on albion (FABLE 3 IDEA :D)

Fast7

The Infection/Cure
Reaction score

no idea but she is evil i wanted the damn spire to plot my evilness

J

Jedimindtrixxx

i dont think shes evil. "kill the few to save the many". she gets your sister killed but through her death you seek vengance to kill Lucien and stop him from currupting the world

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Haha, I love the Theresa's "nature" discussions. :lol:

EvolAdvocate;247591 said:
Your sister says to her: "With 5 gold we could eat for a week" and then Theresa pretty much convinces her to spend the money on a path that eventually results in her death. It's this kind of moral ambiguity that makes the game pure genius.
She says that because she knew that you'd die in the future. She wanted you to use the magic box for when Lucien kills you the second time. All of her actions do have a reason behind it.

Zarkes;247592 said:
yeah there are alot of hints to her bieng evil but not necisarrilly evil though. I never did like her she wierded me out in the first one everyone is pondering if she went bad but i know it.
She is indeed, not necessarily evil, but she most likely is.

Lionheart;247636 said:
I think that maybe she will bring albion back to the way is was 500 years ago and prevent her family dying, like she picks love instead of sacrifice, maybe this changes what happened in fable one and you have to make some difficult decisions . Like do you raid oakvale an kill her family so that her brother can kill jack of blades. Or do you protect it and see the effects it has on albion (FABLE 3 IDEA :D)
I have to object against this, sorry. First of all, the Spire only grants one wish to a person, which has been used in this case, by your character. If she wanted to wish something like that, she couldn't, as the Spire would require a rebuild, which means a lot of deaths once again. That would be no good, would it? ;)
Obviously she does have a reason to keep the spire to herself, but not to resurrect her family. Besides, why would she want to fight Jack of Blades once again?

Jedimindtrixxx;247670 said:
i dont think shes evil. "kill the few to save the many". she gets your sister killed but through her death you seek vengance to kill Lucien and stop him from currupting the world
Exactly. She does think in a way like 'One death to save countless ones.'
I doubt she's evil, but hey; we all have our own opinions! ^_^

XCRmonger

Reaction score

I'd like to take her down just for all the irritating conversations in my head I was subjected to. But I'd much rather kill Reaver. I hate that little effer. Ugh.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

She was controlling Lucien like she was you when he shewts your dog the fat one goes "were is she what did you do with her?!" and Lucian says "i merely listened" She used him to biuld the spire and you to take it for herself. I dont know if she's evil but its very easy to see she has her on secret agnda going on.

I like the theory of her returning alboin to back 500 years ago or to the old kingdom becuase i dont want to play fable 5 with lasers and flying cars. After all if you read up on it Alboin's been thrust into 3rd world countries alot in its past.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Zarkes;247813 said:
She was controlling Lucien like she was you when he shewts your dog the fat one goes "were is she what did you do with her?!" and Lucian says "i merely listened" She used him to biuld the spire and you to take it for herself. I dont know if she's evil but its very easy to see she has her on secret agnda going on.

I like the theory of her returning alboin to back 500 years ago or to the old kingdom becuase i dont want to play fable 5 with lasers and flying cars. After all if you read up on it Alboin's been thrust into 3rd world countries alot in its past.
As I've said in one of my previous quotes; to fullfill this, it would require the spire to be rebuilt. And that would require another billions of victims, wouldn't it?
Do you think they'll make a similar even at the spire once more, in Fable 3? I'd doubt it, but I'm not stating it isn't possible.

L

laharl

no. shes a cupcake with sky blue icing, shes blind, she cant be evil :ermm:

bowerstoned

Reaction score

and blind people can't be evil??? have you not seen "see no evil, hear no evil"????

lol

anain12

Reaction score

Maybe Theresa knew that the box would get them out of bowerstone old town. And the ending with the Spire and all is kinda strange.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

anain12;247894 said:
Maybe Theresa knew that the box would get them out of bowerstone old town. And the ending with the Spire and all is kinda strange.
Yes, Theresa knew that the Magic Box would take you out of Bowerstone, as she convinced both of you to buy it. The spire ending is an open one, which means all kinds of endings could fit in. Who knows what Peter Molyneux has hidden away from us? ^_^

L

laharl

maybe shes good/evil :ermm:

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

DataHero;247911 said:
Yes, Theresa knew that the Magic Box would take you out of Bowerstone, as she convinced both of you to buy it. The spire ending is an open one, which means all kinds of endings could fit in. Who knows what Peter Molyneux has hidden away from us? ^_^
I wewd laugh so hard if Peter was making it up as he goes along, Scythe better be in Fable 3 and hes your mentor and makes the greates hero ever and that stuff yeah.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Zarkes;247958 said:
I wewd laugh so hard if Peter was making it up as he goes along, Scythe better be in Fable 3 and hes your mentor and makes the greates hero ever and that stuff yeah.
Scythe is in the void - not Albion anymore, so I would doubt the idea of him being your mentor.

S

SimpleThunder

For all I know she has her own plans of what to do with the Spire, whatever that may be probably will be in Fable 3 :)
Maybe it'll have something to do with her brother (Your Lost Chapters hero) being resurrected and spreading havoc again? :D