• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa is kinda evil, no? *SPOILER*

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
Re: Theresa is kinda evil, no? *SPOILER*

I never said Murgo understood things about the Old Kingdom; I just started a new playthrough, however, and he DOES in fact say that it is an Old Kingdom relic. Yes, Theresa says that he's not aware of his power but that does not change the fact that he claims what he is selling is a deviced created by the ancients and used by the rulers of the Old Kingdom. Go to about four minutes into this clip to see it (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=claEKovZV9Q)

I never debated if Theresa could see the future; I simply maintain that there is a good chance she does not know every little detail. Your earlier post said that she "finds out" about Hannah being a pacifist, if she could see EVERYTHING then she would have already known this, and that is what I was referring to. Theresa orchestrating everything that happens would leave a bitter taste in many mouths and kill the essence of choice that IS Fable. More likely she knows quite a bit and works situations as they already are to her advantage.

Lucien doesn't seem like one to really mince words with you. In that scene on Hero Hill he sort of seems like he wants to hurt you. Why not just say "She told me, she betrayed you." and cut that much deeper. He doesn't flatly say I listened either. He says "Your fortune telling friend?" If she's been helping him she's not much of a friend, then he says "I merely listened..." The fact also remains that he sees her in his dreams, and says so in is diary. Not reading his diary is completely skipping over huge chunks of information..

Theresa says that the Spire grants the power to bend reality to the user's will. She does not say anything about one wish or the Spire falling after being used one time. That dialogue can be seen here (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-vVAfik2yHU). Also, the magical or energy state of the spire after the end of the game is a mystery, all we know is the physical thing remains.

I'm also aware of a Tattered Spire book somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. When I do, assuming it contains useful information, I'll update this post.

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

I also think she is slightly evil. also i still wonder why she so desperatly wanted to live in the spire...... this is my imagination probally going wild lol but.... i think that she could of used our characters to get rid of any things that may have caused trouble for her e.g ( lucien ) so now she has the spire all to herself. all of the 3 heros have split up and gone there own way.....so if the spire is truly still active... then she could pretty much destroy everything without anyone interuptiing < ( spelled incorrectly ) :S

Sin

is God
Reaction score

Joe Cobbold;251051 said:
I also think she is slightly evil. also i still wonder why she so desperatly wanted to live in the spire...... this is my imagination probally going wild lol but.... i think that she could of used our characters to get rid of any things that may have caused trouble for her e.g ( lucien ) so now she has the spire all to herself. all of the 3 heros have split up and gone there own way.....so if the spire is truly still active... then she could pretty much destroy everything without anyone interuptiing < ( spelled incorrectly ) :S

The way she says at the end "The Spire is Mine Now" or whatever is the exact quote, scares me, you can tense some type of odd vibe from it.

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

Sin;251057 said:
The way she says at the end "The Spire is Mine Now" or whatever is the exact quote, scares me, you can tense some type of odd vibe from it.

I totally agree ... its like when your a child shes nice to you however if she can see the future then she must have known that she was leading your sister to her death so thts evil...... but when you turn into a man after the spire she starts to be a bit evil in her actions and words....

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

After playing alot of fable yesterday i also discoverd that while the loading screen comes up to fast travel theres a message tht says the guildmaster can communicate to you at anytime so i dont know if u guys alredy knew this and im making myself look dumb lol but.... theresa must be the guildmaster

Sin

is God
Reaction score

Joe Cobbold;251729 said:
After playing alot of fable yesterday i also discoverd that while the loading screen comes up to fast travel theres a message tht says the guildmaster can communicate to you at anytime so i dont know if u guys alredy knew this and im making myself look dumb lol but.... theresa must be the guildmaster

No, she gives you a stone of her own that is used as a automatic communicating device, and plus, shes female :cool:

S

Synpho

hmm to me she seems good =[ (even though she led the sister to death and me.. close enough too it.. you don't know how my clothes ripped off when i saw the sister die i was like "YOUR NOT SERIOUSSSSSS *clothes rip off from shock*"

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

Well then i suggest you seek help ;)

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Joe Cobbold;251729 said:
theresa must be the guildmaster
I only have one thing to say, really; LOL
I never knew the guildmaster was a transvestite.

D

DragonMaster91

Joe Cobbold;251729 said:
Sorry to rip on you like this, but play the prequel before the sequel. translation:

Play fable, or fable TLC before you play fable two. It is highly suggested.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Thanks for the helpful read. It sounds right to me. :) I believe awhile back, Lionhead said something about helping Wikia to get certain information, on Fable 2. I still think she could be a certain judge.:p

FiliusMartis

Reaction score

The Guildmaster is a title, not a name. The Guildmaster we all know in Fable/TLC was called Weaver I believe. If the hero who killed Jack also killed the Guildmaster Weaver then the Guild would have needed a replacement (likewise if Weaver died any other way).

However, I don't think Theresa was a guildmaster at anytime; I think the loading tip is just a nod towards the old game. But it's not so off the wall that people need to make fun of someone... :\

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

I don't think Theresa is one either... but just a guide instead.

X

X-ShadowFiend-X

I beleive that She was workin with lucien the whole time. she lead your sister to her death, i think she gave the hint to lucien about heros in old town. plus she just looks evil. if she was ment to be a good charecter, i think she would look like a good charecter, fable is very simplistic like that. i think she used lucien to make the spire and used your charecter to destroy him so she could take it over, the spire can only be used once, i know that, but its a video game, they can make anything happen. and like buddy said we dont know what happened to theresa in the 500 years we didnt witness. and how do we know this is even theresa?! not just jack of blades or some other badie posing as her? hmm? HMM!?

D

darkskxcher

I already explained something like this but this article explains it the best. I think she is evil because of this:

There are several hints throughout Fable II that Theresa conceals a much darker nature than she lets on, and that she may be a potential antagonist in the future.
  • Lucien brings the main character and his/her sister to his castle after hearing from someone that they've successfully activated the music box. Since the seller claimed it was simply a wish granting magic box, Theresa is the only person who could have known that the children purchased and activated an old kingdom artifact.
  • After becoming aware of Sister Hannah's vows of pacifism, Theresa mentions that she will need to find a reason for Hannah to fight. Lucien becomes aware of Hannah's location and his henchman kill her father almost immediately after this.
  • After gathering the four heroes and "activating" the spire power within them, Theresa vanishes. Lucien then appears from nowhere and acts completely non-concerned with Theresa's absence. When asked what he had done with Theresa he states, "I didn't touch her, I merely listened."
  • When the player meets Theresa in Bowerstone Market under the clock tower, she takes the player to the hillside introducing the Tattered Spire for the first time. Theresa mentions that when a wish is made the spire then disappears as of the previous one. After the player makes their wish the box disappears. The spire is a separate machine created by Archon ruler of the old kingdom, to try and rid the world of evil and corruption, much more powerful than the ancient magic box.
  • After Lucien's death, Theresa gives the player the reward of his choice and then ominously states: "But the spire... is mine, begone." After which the player has no further contact with her.
  • She seems to have the same shape as one of the shadow's court specters (the one in the center).
  • As the game progresses Theresa's skin becomes darker and darker until it is at a very deep shade of gray. The same skin discoloration appears in Hero characters who become increasingly evil.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

darkskxcher;280347 said:
I already explained something like this but this article explains it the best. I think she is evil because of this:

There are several hints throughout Fable II that Theresa conceals a much darker nature than she lets on, and that she may be a potential antagonist in the future.
  • Lucien brings the main character and his/her sister to his castle after hearing from someone that they've successfully activated the music box. Since the seller claimed it was simply a wish granting magic box, Theresa is the only person who could have known that the children purchased and activated an old kingdom artifact.

• After becoming aware of Sister Hannah's vows of pacifism, Theresa mentions that she will need to find a reason for Hannah to fight. Lucien becomes aware of Hannah's location and his henchman kill her father almost immediately after this.

• After gathering the four heroes and "activating" the spire power within them, Theresa vanishes. Lucien then appears from nowhere and acts completely non-concerned with Theresa's absence. When asked what he had done with Theresa he states, "I didn't touch her, I merely listened."

• When the player meets Theresa in Bowerstone Market under the clock tower, she takes the player to the hillside introducing the Tattered Spire for the first time. Theresa mentions that when a wish is made the spire then disappears as of the previous one. After the player makes their wish the box disappears. The spire is a separate machine created by Archon ruler of the old kingdom, to try and rid the world of evil and corruption, much more powerful than the ancient magic box.

• After Lucien's death, Theresa gives the player the reward of his choice and then ominously states: "But the spire... is mine, begone." After which the player has no further contact with her.

• She seems to have the same shape as one of the shadow's court specters (the one in the center).

• As the game progresses Theresa's skin becomes darker and darker until it is at a very deep shade of gray. The same skin discoloration appears in Hero characters who become increasingly evil.
Commented in your other post, and now rep here. ;)

D

darkskxcher

I also found anything else that bust the idea that she isn't the "real" theresa. Not the one from fable. Also found something more about a maybe evil Theresa

In the game guide, Art Director John McCormack reveals that it is the same Theresa in both games: "We used a few hooks and links to the original Fable in the sequel. One of the main ones was the use of Theresa, who was the Hero's blind sister in Fable 1. She is now a strange, ageless, wandering fortune teller in Albion who acts as the player's guide throughout the game... but there's more to her than a simple tutorial, quest giving device... she has secrets and her motives aren't particularly clear."

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

darkskxcher;280352 said:
I also found anything else that bust the idea that she isn't the "real" theresa. Not the one from fable. Also found something more about a maybe evil Theresa

In the game guide, Art Director John McCormack reveals that it is the same Theresa in both games: "We used a few hooks and links to the original Fable in the sequel. One of the main ones was the use of Theresa, who was the Hero's blind sister in Fable 1. She is now a strange, ageless, wandering fortune teller in Albion who acts as the player's guide throughout the game... but there's more to her than a simple tutorial, quest giving device... she has secrets and her motives aren't particularly clear."

Some say for revenge, others say other things. Right now it's a lot of speculation. She seemed so nice in TLC, so it's really got a lot of twists and turns. Makes her really interesting.:)

D

darkskxcher

Yeah and who knows what happened in the last 500 years when we didn't saw her.

T

TaterSalad

I think while Theresa had a hand in most or perhaps all of the bad things that occurred during the events of Fable II her motives are more of an, "All for the greater good", kind of moral idealogy. She's critical and cold when you do, well, evil-type things, however some of 'her' influences during the course of the game could easily be called evil.

Again, it's all speculation, but my theory is that Theresa is an Ozymandias(Watchmen) type character, who understands that sacrifices must be made for 'peace' or 'good' to be achieved.