• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa is kinda evil, no? *SPOILER*

D

DrunkHero

Re: Theresa is kinda evil, no? *SPOILER*

Well in the first Fable she was blinded by Twinblade, and also almost killed by Jack of Blades and Maze. So I'm suggesting that she is probably on the 'suspect evil and show the choices & concequences' due to being under all the pressure maybe?

I'm not sure about what I just said, but it is a possibility:rolleyes:. (Theresa has been 'alive' for over 500 years by the way).

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

darkskxcher;280539 said:
Yeah and who knows what happened in the last 500 years when we didn't saw her.

A lot, first off she killed the mage who tried to steal her powers, 500 years before. I always spared her in TLC, so she went East. :)
She was raised by Twin Blade, after her dad was killed. She had to protect herself around all the bandits.:unsure:
I could see why she went evil. She was raised with bandits, her brother was raised in the Guild. Hmm, I need to get out more, slowly walking away.:blush:

R

-Ravan-

Threasa was blinded by Jack, after givining only a stare whilest questioned. She was found and raised by twin blade. I'm guessing she was a neutral character back then, as most bandits do only what they need to survive. Seeing the future or at least potential futures can help in procuring better ways to deal with things. I.E knowing her little Brother wouldn't kill her, letting certain people have small amounts of infomation. All in All she seems a bit like Kreia out of KotOR II. Shes seen evil, shes seen good, she understands both. she know when and how to pull the strings. the all for the greater good is her philosophy, but she is running close to tipping the scale to "i have what i need am going to use it and set my ideal out."

B

barnum

personaly, this is what i think happened: Theresa used the heroes to get rid of lucien so she could have the spire to revive either A. The Hero of Oakvale or more likely B. Jack of Blades. i doubt there would be a confrontatiion with either in DLC, but maybe fable 3:)

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

yes. Lots of hints clarifiying she would make a worthy antagonist in the near future. Shes a phychic and can see the future and that meant she convinced your sister to kill herself. She leaves when lucien kills u and ur dog. She kicks you out of the spire claiming it for herself. I would like to know how she was moderatly good in fable 1 and goes kind of goth and evil in fable 2. WHO DIRECTED FABLE 2 TIM BURTON?!?!?! that guy has made more dark movies than a snake sheds its skin. He made a good story for children ( charlie and the chocolate factory) into a semi-dark movie. THAT douche bag!

omegazon

Reaction score

Well technically... if you pick the lover ending your sister is back alive, so maybe she didn't send her to death afterall? She could kind of forsee your choice, her coming back alive, and possibly her wish of living in the castle come true in the end (her note says she'll see you again, and you end up owning the castle in the end as well). Who knows?

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

I think that the choice of one wish in fable II will have some thing to do with Theresa in the future (not sure how though). I personally think that she has some sort of plan involving great destruction, but in the ashes of destruction she wants to bring a new life. In the end she has been corrupted
OOOOOh idea, maybe she wants to recreate the world and reform the hero's guild but not for good reasons like good heros.
I don't think she would try and bring back Jack of Blades.
Though somehow another ancient hero has to become involved, possibly Scythe. Cause in the letter from Rose mentions a very thin, shrouded man who says that he knows her family (hero bloodline). Many believe that the man is Scythe.
Power struggle between new hero allied with Scythe (or other hero) and Theresa.

T

Twinblades

I believe that Theresa can see slightly into the future but not see everything that some suggest. I also think she was double-crossing the heros with Lucien. For instance as stated before when she found out Hannah was a 'pacifist monk' and needed a 'reason to fight', she could have (if my theory is right) summon Lucien to kill the abbot and give a reason for her to fight; because face it, its a bit too conveniet in my eyes that Lucien happened to kill to the abbot and give Hannah and reason to fight. Also I find it hard to believe other things conviently happened such as Theresa disappearing and Lucien appearing on Hero Hill, if he knew where the hero's guild and heros were why didn't he just kidnapped/grabbed them when they were just there with Theresa by themselves (when she explains things to them) surely it would be much easier? So my theory is that Theresa cannot she everything but quite a lot and was indeed using Lucien to build the spire for her own needs.

(forgive my spelling)

E

em5o

Well in the StF dlc it's also revealed by Murgo that Theresa was the one who sold Murgo the Music Box in the first place. Then she "pressured" Rose into buying it from Murgo, and found Sparrow on the streets of Bowerstone only moments after he had been kicked/shot/pushed/danced out the window by Lucien.
It seems to me a lot like she was manipulating events, knowing full well what consequenses it would have for Sparrow and Rose. That, in my oppinion, makes her a bit of an evil b****..

BTW, has anyone else had the thought that Theresa and Lucien might be the same.. this is not something I'm sure I believe, it's just the fact that they are never on the same place at the same time, and they usually arrives moments after the other disappears. e.g. at Hero Hill when they are "summoning" the "great weapon". Besides Lucien's answer, when Hammer questions him about what he did to Theresa, "I merely listened" could indicate that he IS in fact Theresa and just waited for the right time to show his alter-ego. This however doesn't explain how Theresa could be alive after Luciens (presumed) death in the Spire. (presumed becuz I'm not convinced untill I see a body! and even then I'm not certain.. I mean Lady Grey survived being chopped up xD) well.. what do you ppl think?

TheBanshee

mmm...souls
Reaction score

Theresas evil. Thats a dead givaway at the end. She is also your ancestor. proven go ahead ask me how i know this) The shadow court judge looks just like her. She told Lucien about you buying the music box. Lucien also states "your fortune telling friend? I meerly listened" Saying that damn theresa is like a double agent XP

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

TheBanshee;419446 said:
Theresas evil. Thats a dead givaway at the end. She is also your ancestor. proven go ahead ask me how i know this) The shadow court judge looks just like her. She told Lucien about you buying the music box. Lucien also states "your fortune telling friend? I meerly listened" Saying that damn theresa is like a double agent XP

There are many new threads about this subject, many that have been active lately and with many more people leaving their opinion about the subject. Check dates before posting.