• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Time Machine...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Time Machine...?

What if there were a time Machine in Fable 3 which allowed you to travel in the past? Say you wanted to go back and fix something your hero did or lets say cause some special event. Like say you wanted to help burn down oakvale in the original or you were actually the cause of that. And some other stuff.

Cain

Reaction score
Re: Time Machine...?

That would be good but it should be a side quest not main. That way they don't have to make a complicated plot. But knowing PM he would hype it up then it wouldn't be as good as we thought it would be

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

It would be great for side quests or DLC. It can even be DLC for Fable 2.

But the Time Machine Quests will be fun and will bring you to meet other great heros of other times. You can meet Scythe, Briar Rose, and Thunder. You can also even Help out Scarlet Robes on certain quests. Imagine how fun it would be to actually fight alongside Scarlet Robes. You could also meet the GuildMaster when he was young. You can also get weapons that may have only been available in the past. Having a Time Machine can open many doors to Fun.
HTML:

X

Xeon

Help William defeat the knight, queen and jack of blades.

Hopefully that could shut the JoB lovers up?

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Yeah that would be fun. What about something that lets you experience what it was like in the past? I mean like you get to be famous people and you have to do something they did in the past.

X

Xeon

Daemon300;314070 said:
Yeah that would be fun. What about something that lets you experience what it was like in the past? I mean like you get to be famous people and you have to do something he did in the past.

Or someone is trying to screw the past up, (succeeds) and you have to go back and change it?

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

What happened here?

Wicker

Reaction score

Going with Reaver to the shadow court and gaining eternal youth aswell ^^

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Xeon;314110 said:
Or someone is trying to screw the past up, (succeeds) and you have to go back and change it?

You can't change the past, because the future from which you travel to the past is based upon the past having already transpired in a certain way.

adenp9070

Reaction score

i thought that was th point tho, so you can fix oakfield instead of having it destroyed, or keeping rose alive? although a lil butterfly effect would be nice

EgoAlchemist

It's over 9000!!1!11
Reaction score

i thought that was th point tho, so you can fix oakfield instead of having it destroyed, or keeping rose alive? although a lil butterfly effect would be nice
It would be awesome.

Master chife come to Albion when he go back to the past, for some reason, so we maybe fine his time machine somewhere in a DLC, or maybe meet him? Or we only use a culis gate.

adenp9070

Reaction score

ahh yes i forgot about that rift he came through :p mabie if you go back in time you can go back to his dimention with him haha long shot i know

EgoAlchemist

It's over 9000!!1!11
Reaction score

Höhö.

But if it a side quest or the main quest in the DLC i hope it will be long. You maybe can, like you said, save rose. Or see what happed with Therese, she is over 500 years.

I need answer for this;
- Lucien brings the main character and his/her sister to his castle after hearing from someone that they've successfully activated the music box. Since the seller Murgo claimed it was simply a wish granting magic box, Theresa is the only person who could have known that the children purchased and activated an old kingdom artifact. In See the Future, she is also revealed to be Murgo's supplier.

- Lucien's diary refers to dreams of a blind, old woman.

- It is thought that Theresa used the Hero, Hammer, Reaver and Garth, using them for own personal gain, to own the Spire. Although this is only speculation due to her behavior at the end of the game after choosing the Heroes' ending she will say "But the Spire is mine....Begone.".

- After gathering the four heroes and "activating" the Spire power within them, Theresa vanishes. Lucien then appears from nowhere and acts completely unconcerned with Theresa's absence. When asked what he had done with Theresa he states, "Your fortune telling friend?I didn´t harm her, I merely listened."

- She seems to have the same shape as one of the Shadow Court's Spectres (the one in the center).

- As the game progresses Theresa's skin loses its hue until it is at a very deep shade of gray. The same skin discoloration appears in Hero characters who become increasingly evil.

- When Theresa appears on the platform, shortly after Luciens death, is the only time in the entire game where both characters are together (Lucien's body can be seen not far below, where he fell).
http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Theresa This is the reason why i love Fable. :p

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;315580 said:
You can't change the past, because the future from which you travel to the past is based upon the past having already transpired in a certain way.

Well, it can be changed. Of course if you change the past, the future will change too.

E.g. Someone evil changed the past and that affected the future, so we have to go back and change the past again so the future will be normal.

EgoAlchemist

It's over 9000!!1!11
Reaction score

Well, it can be changed. Of course if you change the past, the future will change too.
If i say like this; The future know already you would change it.. I don't know how i would say it on English.

J

Jnerkin1548

i think it would be too complicated.......maybe like a pre-quel too fable 1 or something when scarle robes was still a hero and not your mother but not a time machine

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Daemon300;315614 said:

E.g. Someone evil changed the past and that affected the future, so we have to go back and change the past again so the future will be normal.

Then you didn't actually change the past - because in whatever manner the past transpired when you "changed it" will be the past your "future" from which you traveled back in time will be based on that "past".

For example - going back in time to kill Hitler in order to prevent WW II is impossible.

Why?

Because WW II did happen. If someone went back and killed Hitler and prevented WW II, we would not know what the heck WW II was because it never happened. Which also means he wouldn't have gone back in time to prevent it.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

If someone went back and killed Hitler and prevented WW II, we would not know what the heck WW II was because it never happened.

Yes, that's true. So you can change the future and the past.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Daemon300;315651 said:
If someone went back and killed Hitler and prevented WW II, we would not know what the heck WW II was because it never happened.

Yes, that's true. So you can change the future and the past.

No, you just(rather I) proved as to why it can't.

Like all things, it can be explained in Futurama: The main character, Fry, goes back in time and he is warned all along not to alter anything. However, he accidentally kills his "grandfather"(the girlfriend of his grandmother at the time, whom all believe to be his actual grandfather) by hiding him in a secure spot... on a nuclear testing range. Does he vanish from time and space when he kills his grandfather, preventing his father(and himself) from being born?

No. Because it turns out that all along he was his own grandfather when he accidentally slept with his grandmother and being the father of his own father! So rather than changing the past, he simply acted out the past in the way it did happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.