• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Toughest boss fights?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
And especially especially in the case of Japanese role-playing games! Those are hardcore. I love the Monster Hunter franchise as much as an European can (unfortunately) and hunting them Monsters is as unforgiving as all hell; one slip up, one attack you don't dodge, and you're toast.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Right now the Lambent Beserker thing in Gears 3 is killing me. Figuratively and (for my character at least) literally. Was doing ok until it started spewing Imulsion vapours everywhere. Rage-quite this afternoon and will have to try again later.

Oh, and as a side note, what the hell is up with Bernie? That woman sounds exactly like Sam and doesn't at all look like she's pushing 60 like she's supposed to be...She's just Anya with grey dreads...

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
That's not always the case, especially on well-made role-playing games where bosses aren't only about the highest level, or weapon, but strategy, correct build and many other things that vary on the type of role-playing game you're playing. (Final Fantasy VII is overrated and it doesn't represent any of the other role-playing games or even future final fantasy games that have been released)
Agreed.

You can have everyone maxed out to level 99 in FF7, but it makes little difference due to the HP/Damage cap of 9999. Without the use of cheap exploits, Ruby Weapon is easy once you figure out his pattern.. but haven't figured out a good strategy for Emerald Weapon yet with that silly timer.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Seriously, it took a VERY long time, but i maxed out on Lost Odyssey (it is like FF), but The Immortal was simply impossible.. He never died -_-
Please tell me that someone else knows what i am talking about! :(

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Seriously, it took a VERY long time, but i maxed out on Lost Odyssey (it is like FF), but The Immortal was simply impossible.. He never died -_-
Please tell me that someone else knows what i am talking about! :(
Been ages since I last played it, but are you talking about the superboss that was added from the DLC?

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
DLC? I didn't know there was one o_O
I'm talking about the superboss in thatbackyard combat arena.
He was immune to black magic, he used Sneeze to keep the GC bar down, used Cube and Divide constantly and when you fi.ally think you're going to win, he'd crush your party with Shadowus continuously.
I have recently leart that Complete Defense will prevent him from choosing Shadowus at the end so i probably could beat him now but i cba.

He is considered one of the toughest game bosses and to gain the bonus by beating him in under 30 turns, i think you'd hav to be a gaming God :|

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ohhhh, that guy. I remember now you can get the upper hand on him if you have your immortals learn the casting time reduction skills from Cooke (I think it was her). Will allow you to perform attacks that normally take multiple turns in like half the time. I didn't beat him in under 30 turns though so I didn't get the achievement.

Yeah, there's already a DLC for the game that added a new location with a superboss.. can be a tough fight, but unfortunately it has its exploits.

EDIT: here's the DLC.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Ohhhh, that guy. I remember now you can get the upper hand on him if you have your immortals learn the casting time reduction skills from Cooke (I think it was her). Will allow you to perform attacks that normally take multiple turns in like half the time. I didn't beat him in under 30 turns though so I didn't get the achievement.

Yeah, there's already a DLC for the game that added a new location with a superboss.. can be a tough fight, but unfortunately it has its exploits.

EDIT: here's the DLC.
Ahhh, it's been so long that i forgot about the DLC :S
I just watche the exploit on youttube for Professor K.. I guess The Immortal One is the toughest boss fight xD
I feel like starting thegame again, but then i remember the damn Mayan ruins bit and i change my mind haha

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I actually own the Lost Odyssey, but I haven't ever finished it.

I should get on that.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I actually own the Lost Odyssey, but I haven't ever finished it.

I should get on that.
It's a painfully long game with four/five disks.. The Mayan ruins were so damn difficult.. Both the first secion and the second section :S
But it is massively addictive ;|
I broke my last disk so i can't start again :/

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ahhh, it's been so long that i forgot about the DLC :S
I just watche the exploit on youttube for Professor K.. I guess The Immortal One is the toughest boss fight xD
I feel like starting thegame again, but then i remember the damn Mayan ruins bit and i change my mind haha
Ah, that giant puzzle ruin? It's the main reason I haven't gone for a 3rd playthrough yet either, so long and tedious, and the incessant random encounters made it even more difficult when you have to backtrack multiple times. I might go ahead with the 3rd playthrough since it has been a few years, but I really don't know if I should. I still haven't finished all the dream sequences yet which are really good.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I remember nearly having all of them on my second playthrough :D
That puzzle dungeon put me in a very bad mood.. When i found out i had to return to an even tougher part, i just switched to fable 2 for a month haha
i don't get how i beat Gongora on my first try and nearly all the other bosses, but The Immortal One had my party begging for death every time -_-

Azer249

Reaction score
I remember nearly having all of them on my second playthrough :D
That puzzle dungeon put me in a very bad mood.. When i found out i had to return to an even tougher part, i just switched to fable 2 for a month haha
i don't get how i beat Gongora on my first try and nearly all the other bosses, but The Immortal One had my party begging for death every time -_-

Ah, that giant puzzle ruin? It's the main reason I haven't gone for a 3rd playthrough yet either, so long and tedious, and the incessant random encounters made it even more difficult when you have to backtrack multiple times. I might go ahead with the 3rd playthrough since it has been a few years, but I really don't know if I should. I still haven't finished all the dream sequences yet which are really good.

Lost Odyssey was one of my favorite games of all time. I think it was Gikoku who i used to talk to all the time about it. I completed everything preety much within 2 weeks and i have around 900G on it. I don't think it was that difficult although there was one boss who was very frustrating until i got some of the stuff i needed. Still has one of my favorite bosses of all time though, The Golden Knight.

As for the boss you're talking about, he was pretty easy if you had the right skills. You could spam a chain of attacks over and over again that made him easy as pie. I never did it myself as i couldn't be bothered by the time i got to him because the dlc was just pure boring due to that stated chain of attacks.

Mind, after playing 4 discs straight then all of the dlc for two weeks you're bound to get bored eventually!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I wanted to like that game.

I couldn't get over the fact that the main character is wearing what looks like an armoured tube top.

Main character is a guy, FYI.

Azer249

Reaction score

I couldn't get over the fact that the main character is wearing what looks like an armoured tube top.

Well, he's a badass in a tube top.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score

once you're through the first disk you could play as other characters and choose not to use him? But, he is the strongest of the two best melee characters so.. Good luck without him against Gongora and The Immortal One ;|

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well, he's a badass in a tube top.

Kaim could be in a tutu for all I care, he'd still be more awesome than this dude..

Vaan.png

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The whole Japanese "pretty-boy-almost-looks-like-a-woman"-style doesn't do it for me.