• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack of Names

Re: Weapon Ideas

Caboose;178679 said:
i wish there would be revolvers but i guess that's not from the same time period though.....
I hate the idea of a revolver, especially in this kind of game.
It would destroy the entire plot!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Jack of Names;178733 said:
I hate the idea of a revolver, especially in this kind of game.
It would destroy the entire plot!

Um, what? What are you taling about? How would it destroy the plot?

Killjoy said:
I would Like to see in the game is a rifle with a katana blade at the end of it so it could be used as both katana and a gun

Yes, it's called a bayonet. I want bayonets, too.

Jack0Blades said:
from what i have seen, the basic rifles will be basic matchlock in design, but will have the reloading system like those old guns where you feed in a bullet and pull back the lever to load it to the chamber. It'll be about as quick as the crossbows in Fable 1 for the averagely "statsd" hero

I don't think so. For one thing, those weapons (ALL of them, not just some) look nothing like matchlocks-- there's no big huge match burning in any of the screens I've seen. They look kind of like flintlocks, but they (the one we saw) reload entirely too fast. There were repeating rifles that were flintlocks (I think but I'm not sure, they may have contained their own ignition in the cartridge instead). And although matchlocks don't have much over crossbows; flintlocks are a little faster, and what you're describing are a LOT faster. Though I also don't remember the term for it. Bolt-action rifle, I think. And they're faster, WAY faster than any crossbow.

And revolvers are iffy. They don;t look as if they'd be too out of place with a lot of the weapons we've seen; but they do look out of place with others.

One of the problems is that we've seen a lot of different types of guns, with wildly different apparent reload times, going from what seems to be their era.

J

Jack of Names

Walker;178748 said:
Um, what? What are you taling about? How would it destroy the plot?
Having a revolver gun in this game would have several advantages compared to other weapons and virtually no disadvantages.
Also as this game is set around the middle 1600s it would ruin the theme.

It was a reply to a guy who suggested putting in a revolver.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

Barstols *_* x'D

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Hmm, I love the idea of a gun, to shoot someone in the distance. Can't wait to try it. I love new things that are added.:)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Jack of Names;178751 said:

But there will be revolvers...it's on the game cover lol

G

gdude987654321

the reload and firing times will be changed on how muchj experience you put into your gun fighting skills... im not going to go get the link but theres a fairly recent interview with PM about how your rate of fire will increase if you devote your experience towards gun fighting... i can only assume that it will also affect reloading time as well... while that may not make sense historically neither does magic, talking demon doors, magical masks with evil souls in them, or lots of other things in fable... if your looking for a historically acurate realistic game fable 2 is not for you

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

I'm Not talking about A six-shot revolver i'm talking about the older 3-shots that were around with the fixed barrel which only lets you put in one bullet at a time not get all 3 and ram 'em in!

Also the game's timeline is set around the era of the higwaymen this could range from the 1000's to the 1800's! there is no reason to believe that higwaymen didn't have revolvers because they were usually on horseback and called "knights of the road" and using a musket isn't too easy on horseback!

Also revolver's were in use as early as the 1600's!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Jack of Names;178751 said:
Having a revolver gun in this game would have several advantages compared to other weapons and virtually no disadvantages.
Also as this game is set around the middle 1600s it would ruin the theme.

No, it's not set around the middle of the 17th century: it's set in a magical semi-alternate universe with a wildly different set of laws and nature. There is nothing to say that their tech developed at the same speed or in the same way; especially not when there's the Will to twist everything up.

And there are disadvantages. Say it's a six-shot. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!. Crap, I'm out of ammo. Now I have to flip this thing open and shove a tiny little round into each of these cylinders (or just one, but that means it's harder to be sure you're actually going to have a round ready when you close it. Meanwhile, you're getting menaced by the remaining large, angry things with swords or guns or stingers or massive rocky fists.

And sure, they won't neccesarily (probably won't) go with realistic reload mechanics, since it doesn't look like they are from the videos we've seen, but there are other ways to reduce the efficiency of one weapon over another.

Caboose said:
Also revolver's were in use as early as the 1600's!

According to what? In everything I've read the 17th century was still arquebuses and wheelocks. True, it is a span of a hundred years and this was in the early 17th, but I still am not sure that revolvers were used that early.

(Edit: Going from Wikipedia, the first example is a revolving arquebus from the late 16th, but it took till the 18th for them to really have any use. They weren't all that effective/useful before.

EDIT2: And waitaminute, that one was so big it's often cited as the first machine gun. Tripod-mounted and operated by a hand crank does not make me think revolver. First actual revolver was early 19th.)

J

Jack of Names

Jack0Blades;178892 said:
I was getting confused and thinking about a modern revolver.
HFC-132S-Silver-4-Inch-Green-Gas-Revolver.jpg

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Jack0Blades;178892 said:

Sorry, I didn't notice your post. HUH? [goes to look for game cover image]

I have returned! The one cover I saw... it didn't look much like a revolver to me, but it could be.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

They have talked of augs, perhaps for guns, and stuff.:unsure:

J

Jack of Names

moonfever;179019 said:
They have talked of augs, perhaps for guns, and stuff.:unsure:
Yes, apparently it will be possible to augument your clothes as well.

stumawra

Reaction score

Yes, apparently it will be possible to augument your clothes as well.

It would be great to have some more type of clothes in the game to make it look awesome then the regular ones.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

This is more than 2 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.