• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack of Names

Re: Weapon Ideas

Of course it's always nice to fantasize about things, but they can only fit so much in a game so that it wont lag on the average system.

Jimbo1425

MASTER ASSASSIN
Reaction score

Jack of Names;177023 said:
Of course it's always nice to fantasize about things, but they can only fit so much in a game so that it wont lag on the average system.

I know but it still would be sick

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Jimbo1425;177020 said:
they should let you pick up any item and use it as a weapon such as a wooden spoon or belt

Also another weapon like the frying pan but easier to find and a lot more of them

I know we can pick up bottles and throw them, and chairs in a bar fight. Peter showed a demonstration on that, with one of the videos.:)

Z

ZoraKing

How about a weapon that can be sort of a long bow and a sword? Like from that Kid Icarus game.

J

Jack of Names

moonfever;177032 said:
I know we can pick up bottles and throw them, and chairs in a bar fight. Peter showed a demonstration on that, with one of the videos.:)
Sounds awesome!
Bar fights... :D

I'll buy an Xbox 360 just for Fable 2 and GH3!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Jack of Names;177018 said:
Incredible idea, perhaps 5 different levels as well, lvl 1 being the weakest and 5 being the strongest.
Also the levels define the cost and power of the staff.

Well, I'd say that'd be redundant (after all, that's what Will spells are for) but perhaps Oak Staff, Ebony Staff, Master Staff, and so on. And maybe the elemental powers could come as augmentations.

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

Here are some kinds of swords I want to see, they aren't very detailed, but Ill have some awesome ones soon.
Swords_by_SovereignTears.jpg

J

Jack of Names

Walker;177088 said:
Well, I'd say that'd be redundant (after all, that's what Will spells are for) but perhaps Oak Staff, Ebony Staff, Master Staff, and so on. And maybe the elemental powers could come as augmentations.
Possibly, although that's what I meant by the levels.

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

keep in mind its 500 years in the future, I dont know how logical it would be to have staffs and stuff along with guns, but then agin a will strictly user will might permit that to be there. Also, if you augment a gun, will the augment leave a puff od shiny smoke after you fire it?

J

Jack of Names

Steampunk;177199 said:
keep in mind its 500 years in the future, I dont know how logical it would be to have staffs and stuff along with guns, but then agin a will strictly user will might permit that to be there. Also, if you augment a gun, will the augment leave a puff od shiny smoke after you fire it?
You're correct there, but perhaps if the staff was a little modernized in some form, now don't go thinking of a giant electrical stick, but perhaps a modern, varnished, carved staff.
I don't know, we'll see I guess!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Steampunk;177199 said:

These aren't modern guns, or even 18th-century guns, since they clearly don't utterly dominate swords. There isn't all that much difference between a sword and a staff except that a staff has more reach and no blade.

And I don't know how they're doing augments. I don't even remember if they are, though I'm assuming they'll keep them.

You need to remember-- guns and melee weapons overlapped quite a bit until the rate of fire and accuracy of guns caught up.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

PM said in one of the newly posted videos that players who do nothing but quests and no work will be very skilled but have crap items. He then connected players who do work and have jobs with legendary weapons (exact wording escapes me). Do you think this could be interpreted that you can buy some legendary weapons?

J

Jack of Names

Jack0Blades;177438 said:
PM said in one of the newly posted videos that players who do nothing but quests and no work will be very skilled but have crap items. He then connected players who do work and have jobs with legendary weapons (exact wording escapes me). Do you think this could be interpreted that you can buy some legendary weapons?
:unsure: Really? If this is so then it could be a good way to extend the storyline, E.G. You may have to work to get good items in order to advance with the storyline.
This will be interesting.

The Annoying Hoverer

I'm the slightly stupid one!!!
Premium
Reaction score

i want a magic cannon you can keep in your bag and then when you get it out its really big but when you put it away it is tiny so no one knows you have got one.

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

Well how 'bout having throwing knives? a nice knuckle duster would be good too. or maybe a shovel?

but what i would want to see most would be a gunblade! or a tri-nunchuk (nunchuk that functions as a staff as well like the main protagonist from Suikoden V) or even just a normal nunchuk

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Steampunk;177199 said:

Unless, you can dig one up with a shovel, in the graveyard.:unsure:

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

well i just hope the guns aren't totally historicly accutate and take forever to load and your lucky if you can get two shots off in one min.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

from what i have seen, the basic rifles will be basic matchlock in design, but will have the reloading system like those old guns where you feed in a bullet and pull back the lever to load it to the chamber. It'll be about as quick as the crossbows in Fable 1 for the averagely "statsd" hero

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

i wish there would be revolvers but i guess that's not from the same time period though.....

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

I would Like to see in the game is a rifle with a katana blade at the end of it so it could be used as both katana and a gun

Status
Not open for further replies.