• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Westborough Baptist Church - Strikes again!

F

FableFreak

Re: Westborough Baptist Church - Strikes again!

I heard about how they hate the miners, but I have no idea why? Do they just think God collapsed it? Or did the miners do something that they don't like?

:unsure:

R

RuneMaster

FableFreak;89590 said:
I heard about how they hate the miners, but I have no idea why? Do they just think God collapsed it? Or did the miners do something that they don't like?

:unsure:

There reasoning was, since America allows people to be gay it ****ed God offf so he killed the miners. Same goes for VT,9/11, etc etc.

F

FableFreak

Okay, so God is angry more at gay being treated like humans than the abortions, murders, adultery, thievery, and other sins that go against the Ten Commandments and decrees by which he set?

PS: To all you "non-Christians" out there, a little knowledge about some parts of the Bible or scripture would help so you can understand how these people think... And why they act so crazy... (This is bending the Bible way, way too much.)

H

Hexadecimal

FableFreak;89609 said:
PS: To all you "non-believers" out there, you should have a little knowledge about some parts of the Bible or scripture so you can understand how these people think...

... well, seeing as how these people yell and scream that "God hates Fags", I don't see how that could have anything to do with the Bible or with Scripture, honestly, no matter how literally you take it... I wasn't aware that God hated anyone, he doesn't want anyone to sin, but I don't think I've read their special copy of the Bible in which it says God actually Hates the sinner... nor was I aware that "judge not, lest ye be judged" was not applicable to this select group... I really don't think these people are thinking at all... and they certainly give the majority of Christians a bad name...

... and just for the record, labelling everyone who isn't a Christian an "nonbeliever" can come across as a little derogatory...

F

FableFreak

Okay, okay, edit done...

Well, if you dare to read their website you will see how they justify it.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I am well aware of the contents of the Bible and all that, since Christianity is the major religion in Sweden, we're all "naturally" raised in it's teachings and stuff. This was when I was younger, before I found a religion that is more... to the flesh.

Speaking of the Bible and fags, I belive there is one event described where jesus gets angry at a fig tree and "smites" it. Or it is fake, nontheless some people have made a parody website with the slogan "God hates Figs". Nyahaha.

FableFreak;89554 said:
BTW, Tsuyu if you are unaware they hate Sweden... A lot...

Yeah, I think it had something to do with the care free look on sex we had a while that like revolutionized back in the 60/70's or something... Not sure.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

What alot of religious people need to get through their head is that PEOPLE HAVE MINDS OF THEIR OWN!! GOD DOESN'T CONTROL EVERYTHING!! and that certain religious folk justuse it as an excuse to take the blame off of ourselves and onto someone else, i.e, god.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;89611 said:
I wasn't aware that God hated anyone, he doesn't want anyone to sin, but I don't think I've read their special copy of the Bible in which it says God actually Hates the sinner... nor was I aware that "judge not, lest ye be judged" was not applicable to this select group... I really don't think these people are thinking at all... and they certainly give the majority of Christians a bad name...

I agree wholeheartedly.

On the "bad name" part: Hell, they almost make me want to convert to atheism or good old antagonosticism.

D

Darg

Trust me though, people. There are stranger things out there in the world of religion still. Take a look at this article I found on Wikipedia while the site was down. You get extremely bored sometimes, as I did and I somehow came across this: Wikipedia- Flying Spaghetti Monster It only shows you how society is getting stupider to the point of where this kind of crap can happen.

H

Hexadecimal

Darg;89675 said:
Trust me though, people. There are stranger things out there in the world of religion still. Take a look at this article I found on Wikipedia while the site was down. You get extremely bored sometimes, as I did and I somehow came across this: Wikipedia- Flying Spaghetti Monster It only shows you how society is getting stupider to the point of where this kind of crap can happen.

... I'm not sure I get your meaning... the Flying Spaghetti Monster was a protest by a student put forth in a comical manner...
I don't think it's stupid to have a society that allows for protest... so long as it's peaceful and not maniacal

D

Darg

Hexadecimal;89677 said:
... I'm not sure I get your meaning... the Flying Spaghetti Monster was a protest by a student put forth in a comical manner...
I don't think it's stupid to have a society that allows for protest... so long as it's peaceful and not maniacal

True, but it is more or less making a complete mockery of religion in its entirety, despite it not being an actually 'serious' religion. I'm just amazed that we as a society can let this type of thing happen. Where has all the sanity gone these days people? Well... I suppose this would not be the place to mention sanity, but oh well.

H

Hexadecimal

Darg;89679 said:
True, but it is more or less making a complete mockery of religion in its entirety, despite it not being an actually 'serious' religion. I'm just amazed that we as a society can let this type of thing happen. Where has all the sanity gone these days people? Well... I suppose this would not be the place to mention sanity, but oh well.

it was a parody of Christianity stating that if one religion can be touted as a science than why not all, that's all... just a parody...
and as far as "letting this type of thing happen", that gets into some rather disturbing territory... Democracies do not take it upon themselves to dictate what religions people are or are not allowed to have, because if they do, they are no longer democratic... and to profess your religion to others is nothing more than freedom of speech... so long as no one is hurt, I fail to see the problem and would certainly be terrified if the United States began telling people which religions they were or were not allowed to belong to...

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

My mom and I were driving to my Grandmas house and we saw like the bus for Catholic extremes... it was weird

R

RuneMaster

I've actually been to their website a few times in order to try to understand them. I usually try not to pass judgment on a group, any group, without first understanding their view point. But I still cant understand them. I'm no Christian, but I have read the bible and this is an all too common case of some nut job interpreting/bending scripture to meet his agenda. In all the videos I've seen of Fred (I think thats his name) he comes of as an arrogant man who believes himself to be superior. I truly have a deep hatred for people like him, and it takes alot to earn my hate.

Me and my friends were talking about going down to his funeral once he dies and waving placards and the like just to see how they would react. But Im not sure if it would be the best thing to do, I dont think I want t sink to their level.