• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what are good weapons for a mage???

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fable2rules123

Re: what are good weapons for a mage???

What does the collar do

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

fable2rules123;235189 said:
What does that collar do

fable2rules123;235190 said:
What does the collar do

PLEASE DON'T DOUBLEPOST, you can edit with the button in the lower right corner of your post.

And I told you already. It increases the power of Will-using dogs. Like the Collar of Skill (or whatever it's calledD) increases the abilities of marksman dogs. Is your dog a good shot?

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I never understood that dog crap, so I just stick with the fiborous collar. Always useful to have that extra rope.

The Ghoul augment CAN be useful, but you actually need to hit the enemy with that weapon. As a mage you'll be casting spells more often than swinging a weapon.

I agree with Raise Dead's use, not so much for killing as it is just a pretty distraction.

Guard: Oh no, undead shadows, we must go after them!
Other Guard: Err, don't you think we should go after the guy summoning the giant fireball?
Guard: Nonsense, these things are small and pathertic, we'll kill 'em quicker!
Other Guard: Are you sure, that fireball is charging up pretty quick.
Guard: Don't question me! Out of the other 9 sheriffs in this area, I'm the best. So I say kill the shadow thingi-*fwooom*

MagnaSparda

The True Hero of Skill
Reaction score

oh by the way. my dog is a good shot Walker, lol nice one ;-)

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;235207 said:
PLEASE DON'T DOUBLEPOST, you can edit with the button in the lower right corner of your post.

And I told you already. It increases the power of Will-using dogs. Like the Collar of Skill (or whatever it's calledD) increases the abilities of marksman dogs. Is your dog a good shot?

The blue collar? I usually put diamonds on my dog.:)

D

DrXPepper

Collar of Holy Sky increases damage of will powers and Collar of Radiant Eye increases ranged damage

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Never bothered equipping my dog with another collar? So in other words, when using some sort of a Will collar, your dog can use Lightning? :unsure:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

DataHero;235650 said:
Never bothered equipping my dog with another collar? So in other words, when using some sort of a Will collar, your dog can use Lightning? :unsure:

No. The description says something along the lines of "has no effect on non-Will-using dogs."

moonfever;235636 said:
The blue collar? I usually put diamonds on my dog.:)

Yeah, I think so. I have the Collar of Regality or whatever it's called, too. Vaguely disturbing to have the glowing blue thing there as I wander around. I might switch to one of the others.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Sounds nice.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;235656 said:
No. The description says something along the lines of "has no effect on non-Will-using dogs."

Yeah, I think so. I have the Collar of Regality or whatever it's called, too. Vaguely disturbing to have the glowing blue thing there as I wander around. I might switch to one of the others.

I started color cordinating the dogs colors, with my ladies outfits.:D

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

So you'd kill hundreds of innocent just so your dog would match your fancy new black boots? You're horrible, funny and amusing, but horrible.

W

Wolfie

I think they meant the colour of thier collars not the actual colour of thier dog.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Wolfie;236082 said:
I think they meant the colour of thier collars not the actual colour of thier dog.

Yes... I was going to say that but I'm reasonably sure that Seigfreid was being a smartass.

S

Striken7

Walker;235169 said:
Doesn't the Barkskin also give you more scars, too? I can't remember.

It gives more scars if your health reaches zero. If your health never goes all the way down, you never get any scars.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Striken7;236262 said:
It gives more scars if your health reaches zero. If your health never goes all the way down, you never get any scars.

I don't know-- I just know that Barkskin says it makes you more susceptible to scarring. Which is what I said. That could just mean that you get more if you're knocked out; that could mean that you can get them other ways. I don't know.

elmirico

Reaction score

i guess the staff of wrath would make a good mage weapon if you have the GOTY or downloaded knothole island dlc?

MetroidHunter26

*pew pew pew*
Reaction score

Well a good weapon for a mage is that staff from the Knothole Island DLC as the augment from it makes it so you don't scar as much. BUT I would say a Cleaver or a Mace with augments that give you less scarring and if your going to be just a PURE mage make use of devistation and goul augments for the mace or cleaver as you'll get life back and you'll do more damage so yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.