• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What does everybody look like?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
If this guy was white, then I am the Easter Bunny.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
If this guy was white, then I am the Easter Bunny.

Sorry, Tsuyu, he's a white guy. I know white guys (as in, "all my ancestors came from Europe" white guys) who are darker than he is, for crying out loud.

There are black people in the countries in North Africa as well. Who have lived there for generations, and would be considered North Africans just the same. Are they white, too now?

Yeah, what Rotid said. It's about origins. That's what the "original peoples," and "person having origins" bits mean.

And it's self-reported anyway. So a South African white dude would probably report himself as white because, y'know, his family's pasty white skin came from Europe. A Guyanese whose great-great-grandwhatever came from Calcutta would report as an Asian.

And hell, if a Berber decided that he was black, he could report as black. If he decided he was Asian, he could do that. Hell, the way the census works he could say he was American Indian/Pacific Islander. But he'd probably end up being "white," like the census classes him. And then we don't bother with sub-categories of "white," "black," etc. except for Hispanic, so he'd just be "non-hispanic white."

Though I won't argue that it's a bit retarded. F'rinstance, a Mexican dude's probably going to have at least as much in common with people in the American Indian/Pacific Islander category as with the "white."

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
No, he was definitely not white. You do realize that being white goes deeper than the colour of your skin, right? Hispanic people can share skin tones with Caucasians, Asians run the gambit from pasty pale to golden bronze just as us "whiteys".
Are they also white people simply because of their skin tone? No, they most certainly are not.

Gaddafi did not look white except his skin tone, nor do any other Middle-Eastern or African people. There are glaring differences that I won't go into at the risk of being "racist".

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
...dude, he IS white. Did you not see my definition?

Also, A) The definition I gave was deeper than the color of the skin, and has the benefit of not being racist. B) I'm not sure it should go deeper than the skin which is why, like I said only half-sarcastically, I'm occasionally certain that Asians ARE white.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I dunno about you guys.

But I'm pretty sure I'm black.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Sounds 'bout right. The black tribes of Scotland go way back and are well-documented. Also, Walker? You're crazy.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Sounds 'bout right. The black tribes of Scotland go way back and are well-documented. Also, Walker? You're crazy.

True dat. But nevertheless, I'm in general agreement with the US Census Bureau. People don't lie on the census-- and it's a decent way to classify people, so long as you're classifying them. Just needs more nuance on the "ethnicity" side of things.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I think the US Census Bureau are stupid.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Anyway, this is a picture of me:

United_States_Coast_Guard_Cutter_Chandeleur.jpg

I'm the big white one.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The shark fifty feet below the surface?

Gotcha.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
No, no, the cutter. The big white boat.

PS Just for the sarcasm impaired, no, I'm not in the picture, I stole it from Wikipedia.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Trying to connect the dots as to what any of this has to do with cam-whoring. So far I'm having no such luck.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
we should rename this "Hermit's Photo gallery". no one else seems to be posting pictures