• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what is the best melee weapon besides daichi?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Re: what is the best melee weapon besides daichi?

Seems like no melee weapon is even close to the Daichi. The Red Dragon seems like the best weapon in the game (I haven't gotten it yet) I do however like picking off the balverines before they even know I'm there and the longer ranged weapons are much better for that.

Dentie

Reaction score

^there are of course diachi is fast and makes lots of damage but there are lets say almost as good i think the best weapons are the ones thatyou augment yourself

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

I agree that the red dragon dishes out more damge than the rammer in 2 secs however i must say after using the red dragon for about 2 weeks and then switching to the rammer i find it much more easy to use as the red dragon has to be zoomed to fire fast and when surrounded by enemys i never use the zoom i just look and shoot regardless

F

Frostknight187

isnt the master clockwork pistol almost just as good as a red dragon pistol if you augment the clockwork master pistol with damage boosters?

K

king calum

Indypunk;223899 said:
T_T
I accidently messed up my puzzle to get the daichi. Does anyone know how to fix or reset that? I think that I'm just gonna have to wait for a patch.....T_T
:OI had exactly the same thing! theres no way to fix and theres a silver key there to so you've lost both! same here too! it's one heck of a acheivment blocker :'(

A

aceshigh2890

in my opinion any master weapon with the new augments from the dlc can give you more damage then the daichi.

J

J the fable fan

I absolutely agree i have the red dragon myself the reload time is almost unnoticeable and so far anything that I have melted down with this amazing pistol has died within the short time of me unloading my pistol(really fast)

Tasumi

Reaction score

you ALL are wrong! The Perforator is the best ranged weapon in the game (when compared to the red dragon)...ill compare the stats:

Red Dragon:
Dmg: 41.0
Dmg type: Bullet
Atk speed: Normal
Ammo Cap.: 6
Reload Time: 0.75
Range: 35.0
Augments: Devastation and Lucky Charm

The Perforator:
Dmg: 81.0
Dmg Type: Bullet
Atk Speed: Normal
Ammo Cap: 6
Reload Time: 0.75
Range: 60.0
Augments: Fear Itself, Discipline and Barkskin

the only differences is the dmg, range and augments...other than that, everything is the same...HOWEVER, the perforator STILL out dmgs the Red Dragon...they both fire at the same exact speeds, depending on how fast yer trigger finger is (i've shot faster with the perforator than i have with the red dragon)...and another nice feature to the turret rifle is that you reload after every shot (unless yer firing really rapidly...but the reloading is pretty much unnoticeable because you do it so quickly), so its basicly a non-stop onslaught of bullets flying at yer enemies, unlike with the red dragon where you HAVE to reload after 6 shots, instead of after every shot...the game even says that the turret rifle is better than the red dragon

as for melee weapons, its still currently the Daichi...altho there was a rumor going around that in the very last demon door (fairfax) there was a melee weapon better than the Daichi, however, this was disproved as no one could find any possible way to do anything else inside the door other than collect a poem and open the chest (i was one of those people who tried everything possible, and found no said weapon)

@LyNxY yO

let me rephrase then...perforator is the best ranged weapon when its compared to the red dragon (in my book, the red dragon is last...perforator, enforcer, rammer THEN the red dragon)...however, the game still does say that the perforator is the best gun in yer whole inven (if you have ALL the legendary ranged weapons)

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

again with the super necroing -_-

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score

I like a standard master longsword with four augments of awesomesauce.

LyNxY yO

Reaction score

BEST WEPS:

Melee: Daichi Followed by Royal Septre (Knothole Island DLC) if you put the correct Augements on it.

Ranqe: Red Dragon, Perforator, Enforcer/ Rammer. (Depends if you perfer Range, or Damage.)

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Daichi > All melee weapons.

As far as ranged weapons are concern, the Red Dragon is pretty much the best. It holds six rounds, the firing rate when you zoom in is excellent and it has damage boosting augments so that 49.0 (or whatever it is) is actually much higher.

I'm not fond of the way it looks though.

Unknown Crack Seller

The Guy Who Sells Crack.
Reaction score

Scepter? If you put the right augments in though....

Shoe

Reaction score

Master Katana with Luck and Life, Killerwatt, Flame, and Skill and Beauty augments has been better than the Daichi for me. Though the actual damage output is about three points less than the Daichi's it doesn't really make a difference, considering you get fire damage and drain health too. Can take out a balverine with three standard swings.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

Despite people's love for the legendaries... ANY 4 slotted master weapon is good, grated you put all 4 slots as augments that increase damage dealt and decrease damage taken. But then again, life drain is good too and added skill with the weapon is as well (not sure what it does however... the skill that is).

Personally, I slot 2 weapons (a master cutlass and master flintlock pistol) fully for battle. Then I use others for Fear Itself-ish or Bewitching-ish augments for socialtime. Also one for scarring in case you're into that sort of thing heh.

Shoe

Reaction score

White_Howler;430832 said:
Despite people's love for the legendaries... ANY 4 slotted master weapon is good, grated you put all 4 slots as augments that increase damage dealt and decrease damage taken.

But effects don't stack like that, or at least I didn't think so. Luck, fire, electric, and skill effects all increase damage but none of them stack.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Stop the necro posting. Seriously, This is like the second time this thread was reanimated.

Shoe

Reaction score

Two weeks old is necro posting?

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

Shoe;430851 said:
But effects don't stack like that, or at least I didn't think so. Luck, fire, electric, and skill effects all increase damage but none of them stack.

They do if they are different augments. Same name augments won't stack on a single weapon, however the same augment on both your melee and ranged weapon works.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Shoe;430877 said:
Two weeks old is necro posting?
No, it's not :)

Originally, the thread was very old but got revived two weeks ago. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't continue now that it's been reanimated for the last two weeks.