• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats Rocked And Sucked?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked

Whole day to game, catch up on shows & generally do what I want tomorrow as Amy has been called into work & I have day off. Plus ive finished Halo 4 & really enjoyed it from start to finish.

Sucked

Weather is still terrible & Spartacus is finishing soon.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Rocked: OCS interview is progressing, made appointment to begin enlistment process as well.

Sucked: Enlisting takes at least a year.

Also sucked: Uh... the similarities between the Nazi use of the "lebensraum" concept and the US's Manifest Destiny just occurred to me, and now I feel real uncomfortable.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked

Went for a great meal out yesterday & much alcohol was consumed. Game of Thrones returns tonight.

Sucked

Im at work when everyone else seems to be off but I do finish 2 hours early.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Gonna break out a list for this...

Sucked:
  • Hungover. In the space of 3 months I've had a grand total of 2 glasses of red wine, and previously hadn't been properly intoxicated since last October. So, of course it seemed like a perfectly sensible idea to dive into the vodka and sambuca shots. As a result I'm suffering from the worst hangover I've had in a long time. I know right, first world problems?
  • My sister and my darling niece just left. I miss them already, and I don't envy my sister; she's hungover too and she's stuck on a train for 2-3 hours. Her own fault really, that's what you get for traipsing around the highstreet lookin' for a party, missy.
  • I miss him...
...my cat; he's in the other room. What?​
  • Work still not finished on the house. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't keep hearing the Polish word for sl*t being repeatedly uttered. Makes me a little paranoid that they could be talking about me. Not possible anyway. I'm the most ladylike person I know. Anyone who disagrees shall be headbutted.
  • I just realised I'm hungry. Anyone know what Ethiopian food tastes like? Yeah, neither do Ethiopians. That wasn't funny. Aaanyhoo...
Rocked:
  • I get to bug you lovely people with my problems. Obviously. :D
tl;dr: I hate everything. Go away. Boo hissssssss

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked

Bioshock Infinite really is as good as people have been saying, had to tear myself away from playing it for entire day on my day off.

Sucked

Not enough hours in the day to fit in all the forum time, gaming, TV & Movie watching & work that I need to fit in. Plus Spartacus comes to an end this week, I will be sad to see it end.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Rocked: Met with a recruiter to begin the enlistment process for the Coast Guard. My OCS package is in and the selection panel convenes in a month. Just got accepted for a free* class in imagery analysis this summer.

Sucked: *Class is free, but it's a week-long course in Ohio. Gotta pay for housing and food. Don't know what my employment will look like then, so no idea if I can actually do it.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Rocked: I went to UK today (the Estonian embassy)... and won a little local quiz that's held every month, which also secured us the "season" victory... plus an unrelated health week quiz.

Sucked: I guess I didn't get to eat as much as I wanted.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked

Game of Thrones still kicks ass & Season 3 has already had some BIG moments. Bioshock Infinite is fantastic too & hoping to finally finish it at some point this week.

Sucked

Bombings, Explosions & death in America lately.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Rocked: Occasionally, I stumble across the following marvelous video of an Aussie runner warming up. And every time I do, I'm just struck by how wonderful, truly wonderful it is. She's magic. It's impossible to watch this without A) Smiling and B) getting faintly turned on, so's you feel like a dirty old man.

Seriously this is the most frigging adorable little white girl I've seen in the last year. (Don't tell my girlfriend.)

Sucked: Still doing paperwork for the Coast Guard.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked

Been inspired to get in the best shape of my life & start working out again & push myself further than ever. Also the Bringer of Rain, Spartacus (Liam McIntyre) himself retweeted some of my comments about it.

Sucked

Overtime at work is killing all my spare time & working 60+ hour weeks ontop of a workout regime is killing body. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked

Weather has been great the last few days & I finally get a couple of days off work soon.

Sucked

Got another 2 days off work to get through yet & it has gone from overtime & really busy to not having much to do.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Sucked: I don't so much have a girlfriend as I have a technically advanced pen pal-with-benefits who I visit 2-4 times a month.

Rocked: Just watched a terrible movie. However, it was mildly entertaining and it featured Rhianna and Emma Watson, so I got to ogle them briefly.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked

Xbox One DRM has gone & gamers will have more freedom of choice with their games.

Sucked

Also lost some interesting features & there were some ideas in the bad PR that sounded really useful. The death of James Gandolfini, such a good actor & died much too young.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Rocked
Finished The last of us! Still have Heavy rain to play.

Sucked
Finished The last of us. :'( (Yes its honestly that fricken brilliant)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Rocked: Just put finishing touches to Jessica's birthday weekend at Alton Towers

Sucked: She's an ungrateful little madam sometimes...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked

I have 4 days off starting from Saturday next week.

Sucked

Summer still hasnt arrived and weather is still all over the place. Been neglecting my training lately and have now got to put in double the effort in order to make the appropriate gains I want. Going to miss not being able to eat sugary fatty foods for an age and although I haven't had much to drink in months its going to be hard to totally stay away from it for lengths of time to help improve time period of gains.

Money situation isn't great either currently as having to save cash for wedding & honeymoon in order to get everything paid off as soon as possible. So I cant even spend any cash on DVD's/Games to keep me occupied now I cant afford to go out anywhere and have to cut pub visits down even further due to training and cash.

Also the family dog had to be put down the other day, had that dog since I was 16. She was so ill, had lost so much weight and was getting worse as well as going blind and losing the use of her legs, poor thing.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Rocked: Cool CG Aux stuff this weekend.

Sucked: I have really stupidly low self-esteem. Some classmates walked by me today talking about going out for happy hour. I heard them, but wasn't part of the conversation, so I stayed out of it, went home, and started to get self-pitying the fact that I have no social skills/life/no friends. Roommate comes home and I find out they were yelling across the parking lot at me about it as we left.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked
  • 2 days of work left then I get 5 days off.
  • The Walking Dead game (no not the shooter) the brilliant one by Telltale Games.
  • Also downloaded Minecraft trial & State of Decay after hearing good things about both
  • Spartacus Legends is also out so may download that too.
Sucked
  • Had very little sleep last night and got to make it through these last 2 days yet.
  • Hard to get my head around the Minecraft trial, dont know if its the brief tutorials in the trial or im just not getting it yet... preordered it for step-sons birthday so I will install it on my 360 & give full version a try instead.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Rocked: Birthday cake time for Jessica's birthday

Sucked: Only my mum and stepdad bothered to remember it was her her birthday. Stupid sucky family...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Way to go above and beyond as a stepdad though! Some don't even care about their step-children, let alone step-grand children.