• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your real name? And what does your username mean to you?

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
We have threads where we post our real life pictures and the like, but I don't see a thread where we can discover everyone else's real names.

I was also wondering: Why do some of you have such weird profile names? What do they mean to you?

Hence, I've decided to start a thread, out of the mere reason of curiosity. We'll post our real name, followed by why we use our profile names. I'll start first.

My real name is Dushanth Daniel Ray Mahendran.
My username, Daniel Ray, is basically my middle name, or better known as my English name, just because some find it difficult to pronounce my first name. Most online peeps call me Danny, and most Asians call me Dush.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, if you don't really want to reveal your real name, you can give your first name, or not post your name here at all! You can still tell us why you use that profile name of yours and comment on others' names.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
"Tsuyu" is the east Asian rainy season. I first picked it as my username for the MMORPG FLYFF many, many years ago. I've always been a rainy person; I love rain. Whereas other people find it depressing, I get excited in rainy weather. For some reason it just boosts my spirits. It was around that time I joined ProjectEgo too, so I picked it here as well.

These days I've more or less stopped using it in favour of "Oglaf". I mostly use that username now, both as an homage to my favourite webcomic(check it out at your own risk, NSFW) and because it sounds Viking-ish. I've been thinking of changing my username here too, but I've decided to stick with "Tsuyu" for sentimental reasons.

I'd like to keep my real-life self and online self apart, so I won't give you my full name. However, my first name is Joakim.

I don't like it. Not viking-ish at all.

That's always been a pet peeve of mine, I want a proper viking name...

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Names Everett, Everett Ruess pleased to make your acquaintance.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
"Tsuyu" is the east Asian rainy season. I first picked it as my username for the MMORPG FLYFF many, many years ago. It was around that time I joined ProjectEgo too, so I picked it here as well.

Flyff! Never really got into that game long enough (Damn you, high school)

I'd like to keep my real-life self and online self apart, so I won't give you my full name. However, my first name is Joakim.

I don't like it. Not viking-ish at all.

That's alright. I can understand why some people would want to keep their names private. I'll add that to the original post.

Anyway, Joakim is a cool name! Its like one of those old names from the legends or bibles, like Noah. :p

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Maybe should change it to Beowulf. He was from around were I live after all. Or maybe not something so... cliché. But there are some great sounding names. Like Rolf. My pa's name, and my middle name. Just say it out loud; the way it makes this gutteral sound in the back of your mouth. Proper viking name, except it was spelled Hrolf back then.

Awesome.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
You already know my real name (not the point but it still stands :D)

My username has no other significance other than making me laugh. Seriously, that "monologue" by Logan in fable 3 was so overly dramatic. Im surprised it didn't play the cheesy suspense music. DUN DUN DUN!

Think I'll change it sooner or later. Any suggestions?

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
My full name is Gabriel Salvador Martin Marquez, yes, I do have two middle names
I picked my username for a coincidental reason. I was making my profile and couldn't think of a username. I usually have SolitaryThinking as my username but I decided not to. Then I got into a different tab and found the fable character "Maze" and an "is" above it. I still don't know what that was but when I saw it I knew that my destined username was "MazeisMaze"

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
Thats one badass name what are you some sort of south american druglord?
Lol, you really think so? I'm getting tired of it. I'm actually american with a Spanish heritage

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I'm Jesse. Like Jesse Owens, but not like Jesse Jackson, Jesse James, Jesse James, Uncle Jesse, or Uncle Jesse. Though, technically, Jesse Owens was named James Cleveland Owens, and Jesse was a nickname, so... not like him, either.

And it amuses me the way that these threads come around again. I swear we had one before.

EDIT: Didn't find a real name one, but we had no fewer than two "username meaning" threads.

http://projectego.net/community/threads/your-username.18213/

http://projectego.net/community/threads/where-does-your-username-come-from.14861/

Every time I see that name (or, rather, Joachim) I think of Hammer's Slammers. So it's fairly badass.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
And here I've been calling you Walker Texas Ranger all these years....

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Feel free to keep that up. Walker, Texas Ranger was awesome, even if Texas sucks. Maybe you just make it Walker, Maryland State Trooper instead? I realize it doesn't quite roll off the tongue the same way, but...

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's simple: I conquered disco and became its queen.

And my first name... Most people here know it anyway. It rhymes with Queen. No, it's not Ovaltine.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
It's simple: I conquered disco and became its queen.

And my first name... Most people here know it anyway. It rhymes with Queen. No, it's not Ovaltine.

Its bean isn't it?! You're Sean Bean!

tumblr_m4im7inXfH1rteai5o1_400.jpg

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Thane

I'm a horse that annoys people
"That damn horse"

hence the name

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
My name is Tony, and my username is in reference to comedian/personal hero George Carlin. It combines his old "Wonderful WINO radio" act and his 1973 album "Occupation: Foole". Although both are refering to his early work, I prefer his later matterial. Also, while WonderfooleWINO is recognizable to Carlin fans, others may see it as amazingly stupid alchoholic, which is partially correct as well.