• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do Lionhead keep ditching all the old regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Why thank you *grins*.

I admit to holding a designated amount of hope (however small) that there are terrific plans for Fable IV as well. It isn't impossible that such a thing would happen.

Not impossible but you have to admit, there is a definite pattern of disappointment. Then again, it might just be us. We might be listening to what Peter Molyneux says and then completely blowing it out of proportion. However... there are things he promised us and failed to deliver on so I doubt it.

Archmenel

Reaction score
I do agree, Raven, as you know from our brief time in matching threads.

The key for me is not holding too tightly onto any form of anticipation for the next release. I learnt with Fable not to believe that this franchise is/was going to be the very best thing ever in RPG, with Fable II to avoid getting involved with the clamour and the excitement that proclaimed super-duper improvements, and I also realised with Fable III to not have too much hope or expectation overall*grins*. It is a learning process...of healthy living.

So, clearly, with this simple and perhaps faulty form of logic; I will not be disappointed in the slightest by the next installment - taking it exactly for what it is worth and appreciating that we have it.

Or, I could always moan about it over and again. Which will be likely.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I do agree, Raven, as you know from our brief time in matching threads.

The key for me is not holding too tightly onto any form of anticipation for the next release. I learnt with Fable not to believe that this franchise is/was going to be the very best thing ever in RPG, with Fable II to avoid getting involved with the clamour and the excitement that proclaimed super-duper improvements, and I also realised with Fable III to not have too much hope or expectation overall*grins*. It is a learning process...of healthy living.

So, clearly, with this simple and perhaps faulty form of logic; I will not be disappointed in the slightest by the next installment - taking it exactly for what it is worth and appreciating that we have it.

Or, I could always moan about it over and again. Which will be likely.

To be honest, I knew nothing about Fable or Fable II when they were released. I never knew about this website either and because of that, I remained blissfully ignorant and yet surprisingly, Fable - The Lost Chapters is one of my all time favorite games. Now, Fable II was a slight disappointment what with the terrible ending and all but it was still a fun game and I still it too. Then there's Fable III. I was excited about it, more so than I ever have been about any other game and the next thing I know I'm psyching myself up for it and reading all the cool features it'll have only to pop it in, play it for less than twenty-four hours and becoming incredibly ****ed off and disappointed.

Granted, I still would have been even if I hadn't read up on it but if I hadn't, I would be a lot less upset. So, maybe it is our faults but that's not to say we're entirely to blame. Peter Molyneux makes a lot of promises he can't keep and I get that, but there are some things to be expected regardless of what anyone says. For example, variety. There was so little variety in this game it's actually nauseating. Still... I might get Fable IV... but I'm going to have to keep myself in the dark this time around.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
You suck. The end. Smileys, smileys, peace all over the world.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
ONI, stop trying to antagonise the situation.

And what the hell? I go to sleep for a few hours, and all of a sudden there's four pages of arguments. You guys just all need to chill out.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I miss Oakfield. I lament my straw-chewing yokel friends...

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
ONI, stop trying to antagonise the situation.

And what the hell? I go to sleep for a few hours, and all of a sudden there's four pages of arguments. You guys just all need to chill out.

Don't worry, everything is done and over with. There are some people I know to avoid and as long as I do that, my stay here will be absolutely pleasant.

I miss Oakfield. I lament my straw-chewing yokel friends...

Oakfield... hrm... oh! Right, Oakfield. I keep getting Oakvale and Oakfield mixed up. Well... I kind of destroyed Oakfield but I was never really fond of them so it wasn't a total loss for me.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oakfield... hrm... oh! Right, Oakfield. I keep getting Oakvale and Oakfield mixed up. Well... I kind of destroyed Oakfield but I was never really fond of them so it wasn't a total loss for me.

Still...lamenting my straw-chewing yokel friends...Rest in Peace Neville, Beryl, Bert, Ernie, Carlos......

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Still...lamenting my straw-chewing yokel friends...Rest in Peace Neville, Beryl, Bert, Ernie, Carlos......

Bert & Ernie?

:lol:

But seriously... it was either them or the Temple of Light and I honestly don't remember why I picked the other. I guess it's just because I prefer darker things.

But yes, woe is your long lost straw-chewing yokel friends.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Bert & Ernie?

:lol:

But seriously... it was either them or the Temple of Light and I honestly don't remember why I picked the other. I guess it's just because I prefer darker things.

But yes, woe is your long lost straw-chewing yokel friends.

I don't want to talk about it....*cries in corner*.....

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
D'aw... I'm so tempted to continue that but we've already gone way, way off-topic.

Too Right. No more creepy the hell out of me for you.

I think they didn't add these locales for the reason of that it could have been destroyed or not, due to choices. Too much Fable 2 carry over for Lionhead. Bioware did okay with Mass Effect 2. Eh Lionhead. Eh eh?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Too Right. No more creepy the hell out of me for you.

I think they didn't add these locales for the reason of that it could have been destroyed or not, due to choices. Too much Fable 2 carry over for Lionhead. Bioware did okay with Mass Effect 2. Eh Lionhead. Eh eh?

Oh, no... I'll be creeping you out later. Wink, wink.

The only place that got "destroyed" was Oakfield and it seemed just fine even after that. So honestly, not much should have changed except for perhaps the advancement of each of these areas.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh, no... I'll be creeping you out later. Wink, wink.

The only place that got "destroyed" was Oakfield and it seemed just fine even after that. So honestly, not much should have changed except for perhaps the advancement of each of these areas.

*Hides very pointy stick*

Lionhead either got lazy or just needed more time. Oakfield. Forever in our hearts.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
*Hides very pointy stick*

Lionhead either got lazy or just needed more time. Oakfield. Forever in our hearts.

I saw that! Don't make me start setting things on fire again! *Evil glare*

I'm willing to bet it's the former. Err... I burned my heart down then. D:

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I saw that! Don't make me start setting things on fire again! *Evil glare*

I'm willing to bet it's the former. Err... I burned my heart down then. D:

What with your Electric Toothbrush?

Boooooooooo! Hiss!
Oakfield...a village to get bladdered in. *cries*....I miss bloodstone too... though they hated my heroine there. My Oakfield buddies lurved me.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
What with your Electric Toothbrush?

Boooooooooo! Hiss!
Oakfield...a village to get bladdered in. *cries*....I miss bloodstone too... though they hated my heroine there. My Oakfield buddies lurved me.

I'm going to kill you.

AND NOT WITH MY "Electric Toothbrush" EITHER!

Bladdered? Are we making words up now? Because I don't find that very fair. Bloodstone, eh? That place was ugly. I can't remember which area I liked the most... it might have been Oakfield. Either that or Bowerstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.