• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do Lionhead keep ditching all the old regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonas Green

Reaction score
My bad. Bygones and such.

On-Topic

I wish they'd bring back Rookridge and Knothole Glade. I always loved Rookridge for the weather and the scenery. Not to mention the Temple of Shadows being so ominous in the distance. Knothole Glade was simply awesome, and if it comes back in Fable IV, the forests expanded and such, balverines lurking in the shadows, that'd make for some awesome gameplay.

Also, if you listen to some of the villagers, I think they kind of give you clues as to what's to be expected in the next installment. I heard one villager say something along the lines of, "What if someone invented a rifle that could fire like, 100 bullets in a single go." SO maybe that's a clue that automatic rifles will be included next. Wasn't Hal's Rifle automatic? Been awhile since I played Fable 2.

Reaction score
If there is an automatic rifle in the next fable game. I think I'll use it to mow down the people of Bowerstone as retribution for how much Fable IV is probably going to suck balls, and as prevenge for how Fable V will probably suck even harder and kill the Fable series.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
If there is an automatic rifle in the next fable game. I think I'll use it to mow down the people of Bowerstone as retribution for how much Fable IV is probably going to suck balls, and as prevenge for how Fable V will probably suck even harder and kill the Fable series.

That would be too big a time jump and I don't think Lionhead is THAT stupid. Granted they haven't made very many wise decisions in the past but I think this is one of the things they won't implement.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Gotta remember that automatic handheld firearms weren't invented until the 1920s. Assuming Albion follows a similar technological route, we've got a hundred or so years.

Reaction score
Gotta remember that automatic handheld firearms weren't invented until the 1920s. Assuming Albion follows a similar technological route, we've got a hundred or so years.

That would be too big a time jump and I don't think Lionhead is THAT stupid. Granted they haven't made very many wise decisions in the past but I think this is one of the things they won't implement.

I just hope Your both right.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
fable123map.jpg

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I was pretty annoyed when, in Fable II, the only regions that looked remotely similar were the Chamber of Fate (but nowhere else from the guild), and the Oakvale part of Wraithmarsh. Everywhere else is either a different physical location, or just completely different. Rationalising that it's been 500 years, things may have changed, old paths had been grown over, new ones sprung up, not to mention the fact that trying to recreate everything with a new engine would have been more difficult than just creating something new from scratch, I grudgingly accepted it.

Now, with the same engine (albeit a more advanced version), and with only 50 years passed, I was appalled to find out that they've done exactly the same thing. I can't accept the changes. Where have Oakfield, Westcliff and Bloodstone gone? Whole settlements rarely completely dissappear within the course of 50 years, let alone three. And what about all the seemingly ancient structures which seem to have just appeared? Brightwall Academy, the wall itself? Even more baffling is Bowerstone Castle. How does a building, which has apparantly been in continuous use since Fable II, become completely different?

The more I look at Fable as a series, the more I see them as three completely different games, with the exception of their titles. Had Fable's sequels any other connections besides Theresa and their titles, then they would have been much, much more enjoyable games. I used to love Fable, now I just see it as a joke.

P.S. And did they really name a region Mourningwood? Really?

This is why Lionhead sucks, I forsake the idea of 'Albion' as a world a long time ago.

You must do the same, Fable has no world, it is not a world with lore, it is simply....... a game. That's how Lionhead see it IMO, look at Bioware they build an entire encyclopedia of their world, the lore, the creatures, etc.

Lionhead create 'what would look cool here guys?'

And then in the next game, they forget what they done in the previous world....

Its a fruitless creativity lacking process Lionhead uses. If anyone finds me abit harsh just look at the forests-
  • Greatwood
  • Darkwood
  • GibbetWood
  • Brightwood
  • Mourningwood
The simplest answer:

Lionhead couldn't be arsed.

To be honest, with every Fable game that goes by it feels less and less like Fable each time.

Exactly! No creativity, you may say its meant to look cute and whimsical, no! All lies! Its just utter uncreative minds with millions of pounds to ultimately ruin a world and create a buggy mediocre game with a cool story.

Status
Not open for further replies.