• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why the ps3 will suck and noone will buy it (READ!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flea

why the ps3 will suck and noone will buy it (READ!!!)

theyre planing on puting something on each game disk that makes it so u cant rent or buy used games etc. in other words there making it so it ONLY works on the first system it was put in to so lets say u and yer friend each have a ps3 u get a new game thats 2 player so u go to yer friends house and play it on his ps3 u come home to play single player and u cant...becuase sony is being gay and making it so it only works on the first system it was put into

B

blu phoenix

Re: why the ps3 will suck and noone will buy it (READ!!!)

yeah and plus it's going to be $600 here in the US.

Avenging Angel

Aetherius
Reaction score

Ugh, I hate these rants and everything! Why can't everybody except what Sony is offering? Sony isn't a so called gay company. If everybody is hating Sony because of them reasons, then you should be hating Nintendo and Microsoft then, nore be playing of these games.

Its Sony's choice and I think I'm the only one to understand it. The whole " Its works works on the first system " is made so if somebody steals your game, they can't play it, the wasted their time.

Ugh, I'm not even going to go through the details. Sony is a great company offering many things. They should be respected just like Nintendo and Microsoft, but like almost every other internet user, the like to bash Sony just because they are dfferent.

No matter, sorry if I was a jerk, but I'm getting the PS3.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I will be getting a PS3 aswel as, as far as ive heard that rumour was false. All they said was they were stopping the selling of second hand games in shops so you wouldnt be able to swap them or sell them.

J

Jops

Sony would be stupid to try and stop the second hand market. I never buy second hand games or sell my old ones but a lot of others do.

They should try and come to some agreement with the retailers such that they, or other developer, gets a cut of the profit.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Jops said:
Sony would be supis to try and stop the second hand market. I never buy second hand games or sell my old ones but a lot of others do.

They should try and come to some agreement with the retailers such that they, or other developer, gets a cut of the profit.

Yeah thats what i thought, they are going to care more about their own sales instead of the customers. They are doing this so EVERY sale counts towards their sales totals to try and get one up on the 'Rivals' seems thats all they care about.

B

blu phoenix

Dark Drakan said:
I will be getting a PS3 aswel as, as far as ive heard that rumour was false. All they said was they were stopping the selling of second hand games in shops so you wouldnt be able to swap them or sell them.

but it is going to be more expensive there than it is here.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

blu phoenix said:
but it is going to be more expensive there than it is here.

Yeah but were used to that :p

B

blu phoenix

Dark Drakan said:
Yeah but were used to that :p

hell i know my mom isn't going to shell out $600 just for a game system!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

blu phoenix said:
hell i know my mom isn't going to shell out $600 just for a game system!

I will have to use my own hard earned cash, so im going to wait for the price drop i think :rolleyes:

D

DrZoid

Avenging Angel said:
Ugh, I hate these rants and everything! Why can't everybody except what Sony is offering? Sony isn't a so called gay company. If everybody is hating Sony because of them reasons, then you should be hating Nintendo and Microsoft then, nore be playing of these games.

Its Sony's choice and I think I'm the only one to understand it. The whole " Its works works on the first system " is made so if somebody steals your game, they can't play it, the wasted their time.

Ugh, I'm not even going to go through the details. Sony is a great company offering many things. They should be respected just like Nintendo and Microsoft, but like almost every other internet user, the like to bash Sony just because they are dfferent.

No matter, sorry if I was a jerk, but I'm getting the PS3.

Well the thing that they might do to all the discs to stop second hand game buying and stuff would be a main reason for me not to buy a PS3. But thats just because I buy mostly second hand games and rent quite a few too.

However the main reason I would buy a console would be for the games. I probs won't buy the Wii cos I'm getting sick of the constant mario games and stupid party games and stuff....the only decent that has left to offer is Zelda.

So... if i were to buy any next gen console (which i wont do for a while) it would be the 360. Also it has great games.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
Well the thing that they might do to all the discs to stop second hand game buying and stuff would be a main reason for me not to buy a PS3. But thats just because I buy mostly second hand games and rent quite a few too.

However the main reason I would buy a console would be for the games. I probs won't buy the Wii cos I'm getting sick of the constant mario games and stupid party games and stuff....the only decent that has left to offer is Zelda.

So... if i were to buy any next gen console (which i wont do for a while) it would be the 360. Also it has great games.

Very good statement, i respect that.

A

Arckon

I'd get a 360 aswell, can you say halo 3

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arckon said:
I'd get a 360 aswell, can you say halo 3

Halo 3 :D

Coming not to long from now, plus a ton of great games. The 360 isnt doing an Xbox and relying on Halo as its only selling point ;)

A

Arckon

ya and fable too drakan can't beleave you missed fable

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arckon said:
ya and fable too drakan can't beleave you missed fable

:lol: goes without saying really

A

Arckon

you scared me there, i thought you only ment halo

D

DrZoid

Ah yes.. Fable and Halo. I forgot about those... Well then I'll definatly probs end up getting a 360...at some point.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arckon said:
you scared me there, i thought you only ment halo

Obviously they were both Classics but Microsoft used Halo as its main selling point and also Halo saved the Xbox.

DrZoid said:
Ah yes.. Fable and Halo. I forgot about those... Well then I'll definatly probs end up getting a 360...at some point.

Yeah and cant forget some of the awesome PC Games being ported over aswel for starters. Half Life 2 +all episodes that come out, F.E.A.R., Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Call Of Duty 3 just to name afew. Plus new games like Splinter Cell Double Agent, Gears Of War, Turok, Prey, and Lost Planet.

A

Arckon

DrZoid said:
shocked.gif
:OU forgot about fable:O

Status
Not open for further replies.