• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why the ps3 will suck and noone will buy it (READ!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DrZoid

Re: why the ps3 will suck and noone will buy it (READ!!!)

OH NO! *shoots self* :p

J

Jops

I will be getting myself a Wii because I am a huge Nintendo fan and couldn't go without my Mario/Zelda/Metroid etc

I will also be getting an '360. There are so many good games coming to that system I won't be able to resist. Too Human, Gears of War and, of course, Fable.

As for the PS3 I am put ofF by the £400+ price tag but mainly it is that there is only one 'exclusive' game I would really like: MGS4.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Jops said:
I will be getting myself a Wii because I am a huge Nintendo fan and couldn't go without my Mario/Zelda/Metroid etc
I will also be getting an '360. There are so many good games coming to that system I won't be able to resist. Too Human, Gears of War and, of course, Fable 2

Same here man...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Jops said:

I will also be getting an '360. There are so many good games coming to that system I won't be able to resist. Too Human, Gears of War and, of course, Fable.

As for the PS3 I am put ofF by the £400+ price tag but mainly it is that there is only one 'exclusive' game I would really like: MGS4.

I wouldnt touch a Wii with a 400 foot barge pole but i agree with everything else.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Dark Drakan said:
I wouldnt touch a Wii with a 400 foot barge pole but i agree with everything else.

I think the Wii will be a great system.....

C

Cold

As some of you think some of the systems will be a total loss of your money there will be a time when you will see a lot of games that will say only for:the Wii and you will say damn why didn't I get it instead of the xbox 360 or the PS3

Now I am not saying Xbox 360 and the PS3 will suck cause they will be Prince of Persia for them and Smackdown v.s Raw 2007 but mainly the thing I will do is look at what games it has to buy so I won't get mad for buying a game console and can't play my favorite game on

And here is another thing people say things about the games or the consoles just because they can't get them(not saying anyone here does)

B

blu phoenix

Skorm's Son said:
I think the Wii will be a great system.....

yeah it looks cool and all...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I think Nintendo have lost direction over the years, trying to many 'Inventive' ideas that arent for mainstream games and not signing enough big companies to develop games for them.

J

Jops

Not getting enough big companies to develop for them has been their biggest mistake. However most people who buy a Nintendo system do so mainly for the first party games.

Nintendo are the still the biggest games publisher in the world so there is no shortage of exclusive titles.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Jops said:
Not getting enough big companies to develop for them has been their biggest mistake. However most people who buy a Nintendo system do so mainly for the first party games.

Nintendo are the still the biggest games publisher in the world so there is no shortage of exclusive titles.

I think if the Wii does a Gamecube it will be the end of Nintendo console wise but they will make games for another company.

B

blu phoenix

Dark Drakan said:
I think Nintendo have lost direction over the years, trying to many 'Inventive' ideas that arent for mainstream games and not signing enough big companies to develop games for them.

skorm he is turning me now...must follow drakan...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

blu phoenix said:
skorm he is turning me now...must follow drakan...

Its true though, i used to be a avid Nintendo player in its younger days but over the years ive lost more and more faith in their ideas and their ability to produce LOTS of good titles on consoles and sign up the big companies.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Dark Drakan said:

Well..................thats is true..........meh I'll get it for Red Steel and maybe Darkness amd Spore;)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Skorm's Son said:
Well..................thats is true..........meh I'll get it for Red Steel and maybe Darkness amd Spore;)

Thats fair enough.

L

Loki

If I had $600 to spare I know I would buy one still. Right now you are thinking 'this is bs' but further down the line you STILL won't like it because you do not know what is going on. Sony is using some real costly stuff right now to make the PS3. They didn't add such a high price because they are money whores. If they want the best graphics and kick ass gameplay they are going to have to dip into their pockets. Its true that they will be making a high profit but have you considered how much they have to pay their employees? Or how much they have to pay OUTSIDE of the consol. The PS3s don't build themselves. Sony pays for heating, employee funds, health, insurance, lighting, plumbing, and don't forget they have to buy the games that come out for the PS3 which is why I THINK its going to be something like 60 bucks a game? (Not sure).

So unless you want to keep the same old PS2 graphics be thankful for the 'no renting' rule because thats the differense between $700 for a game and $600. (700 was the origional price I believe)

Hopefully this just wasn't a worthless rant. That's all basic knowledge up there so I don't know how much of it was worth reading

Avenging Angel

Aetherius
Reaction score

Oh no, it wasn't worthless. I gave you rep for it. I enjoyed reading it.

H

hpdarkman

yeah nice + rep:thumbsup:

H

hpdarkman

Dark Drakan said:
I think if the Wii does a Gamecube it will be the end of Nintendo console wise but they will make games for another company.
i doubt it will pull a gamecube especially after seeing red steel....but ill buy the wii and wait for the ps3 to go down in price cause theres no way im payin $600 for a flippin game system(besides my mom wont pay for it:D ) but yeah ill buy like fable 2 and halo 3 on comp and waste less money cause thats about all i want on the 360. and the ps3 ive seen lots of games i want to rent for it and mostly im a final fantasy and metal gear solid lover so i gotta get it

damn i talk to much:p

L

Loki

Glad you understood it =P Its one of my many rants that float around in my mind

And darkman I'm with you on that one. Theres no way my mom would let me dip into my savings account to get a ps3 and my half ass job would never pay me enough to get one haha. I'll probably end up getting the wii or the 360 for just a little more. Most likely the 360 so I cna play fable and morrowind.

And 600 isnt the only price for the ps3 either. I heard there was another one that was cheaper. I'm not sure of the price OR the difference so don't ask me lol

F

flea

i mite get a ps3 when it drops down to like 400 maybe but until then ill play my 360 and buy a Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.