• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wings!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Wings!?

i hate the new wings
thats JRPG crap right there
i know that a lot of ppl wanted them (why i dont know) but now they have them
*sigh*

in b4 "dur but they are not always there"
if you seen the new vid doc you can see the player walking around with seethrough folded up wings... it does not mach the game any more, it might of worked in fable1/tlc but now that the game is getting in to the
industrial age... RAGE

/rant

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: Wings!?

The wings makes Fable not Fable. Still, from the Dev. Diary - it looks good.

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

lol when i said i wanted wings i meant physical wings :/ But i doubt they'll change it anytime soon.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell....

As long as they add the hoofed feet and pointed tail to go with the horns when you're evil, it's still good!

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;362722 said:
The wings makes Fable not Fable. Still, from the Dev. Diary - it looks good.
i know eh!?
and yes the dev diary was good

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

It is industrial yes, but its also albion still. Its not our world.

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

Fenrir;362751 said:
It is industrial yes, but its also albion still. Its not our world.

But its slowly developing into are world. Magic is lost to them so that means industry is evolving farther into are day and age,They still got a while but their on the right track, and seeing some guy with wings or horns would be out of this world and cause mass hysteria.

KidD_MONi

KidD
Reaction score

Sabbath;362757 said:
But its slowly developing into are world. Magic is lost to them so that means industry is evolving farther into are day and age,They still got a while but their on the right track, and seeing some guy with wings or horns would be out of this world and cause mass hysteria.

that the point isn't it scare the crap out of the unsuspecting public?

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

KidD_MONi;362877 said:
that the point isn't it scare the crap out of the unsuspecting public?

Well if you were evil but i could think of a million other ways to scare the crap out of everyone.

If your good you don't want people to freak out and im sure even today if some guy can walking around with flailing wings and a halo it would cause some controversy.

WilliamBlack

Reaction score

i think the wings are cool, and even tho its the industrial era, like Fenrir said, its still Albion, and there is still magic... and its called "fable"

KidD_MONi

KidD
Reaction score

WilliamBlack;362892 said:
i think the wings are cool, and even tho its the industrial era, like Fenrir said, its still Albion, and there is still magic... and its called "fable"

i agree even though the era is changing its fable still have magical elements and besides im pretty sure the wing are optional i think they look kewl

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score

Are you kidding? Those wings are freaking awesome! I wonder if they do anything else besides being awesome... :D

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Rukishou;362977 said:
Are you kidding? Those wings are freaking awesome! I wonder if they do anything else besides being awesome... :D

Yeah, they are cool. But do they suit Fable at all?

I thought not.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Dear Peter,
Why haven't you realised that uncontrollable, arbitrary morphing depending on "choices" you make in the game is crap? If I had an evil character, he would not be your baby eating, father raping (rep for reference) satanic bastard. He'd have a front of pureness and philanthropy, much like Hitler. I cannot do that because of you're stupid system.

Yours Angrily,

Angry from Manchester (rep for reference)

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;362986 said:
Yeah, they are cool. But do they suit Fable at all?

I thought not.

"How could they include a dog in Fable II when there was none in the first game? That is so not Fable!" That's true, it's not Fable. It's Fable II. The same goes the guns in Fable II, did you not like them either? Maybe all games in a series should be exactly the same as it's prequels and sequels.

I personally liked the dog in Fable II (and Fable III) and the guns (not to say that I did not like the bows in the original game) and I'm sure I am not the only one; when it comes to Fable III and it's wings as well. They're just optional cosmetics as far as I know (mighty power displays, how can you not like?). If you don't like them, don't use them. If they don't have any other purpose, how are they any different than tattoos in the previous games? Purely cosmetic which some like and some don't. ^^

EDIT: Besides, what's wrong with JRPGs? As long as they're at least somewhat original, of course. :p

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

What's wrong with JRPGs?! Get a hold of yourself man! *slaps*

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Arseface;363003 said:
What's wrong with JRPGs?! Get a hold of yourself man! *slaps*

They have terrible storylines for one.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I was trying to imply that he was insane for questioning what is wrong with them. All you need to do is watch any Zero Punctuation review to know.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Arseface;363007 said:
I was trying to imply that he was insane for questioning what is wrong with them. All you need to do is watch any Zero Punctuation review to know.

Understood sir. That is quite funny.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score

Who cares about Zero Punctuation or whatever? Have you never played Final Fantasy? Especially the older games (Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX). If you can say you do not like JRPGs after playing those (or the Tales of games) you should probably get yourself checked. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.