• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wings!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Wings!?

I guess, you could say that. But I still don't think the feel of the series is definable.

Devil Keyz;367280 said:
fucc off.

o_O Uncalled for?

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

Arseface;367272 said:
I don't really see that. I think we only see them as related because we all just know that they are, having followed Fable 2's development so closely, and with the subtle in game connections. That and they have very similar gameplay, but I don't think it should be judged on that if we're talking about "feel"

Indeedy, to be honest the only real connection between Fable 1 and Fable 2 is the bombed out hall of heroes that gives you a vague reference to the Great-great-great-great-great-etc. Grandfather of the Fable 2 hero, other than that, and a few books and whatnot, there is really no solid foundation for the relationship between both games.

Thus, i agree with Arseface fully when he says that Fable 1 and 2 don't feel as if they're related.

/end rant.

WanderingWizard

Reaction score

No, there is an extremely solid foundation between the games. One which I believe is far more effective than any other game franchise; Lionhead aren't the sort of designers who are going to make a mock-up copy of their previous game with better graphics and call it a sequel, lets leave that to the FPS developers.

Fable is an artistic game. It isn't an action-adventure, it isn't and RPG, it isn't part of any other genre but that of it's own and it retains a clear and instantly recognisable style. The themes, the composition, the subtelty; this is a series that doesn't delve so deeply into it's past that it is perpetually overshadowed by its predecessors, but one which is continuing to develop an in-game world that is rich in both depth and definition.

I recently finished a straight play through of Fable TLC and immediately began playing my new copy of Fable II GotY Edition and the player is immediately immersed in the Fable aesthetic and atmosphere. The title screen that pans accross the Bower Lake landscape, the shape of the trees, the various ruins and the opening cut-scene that show a distincly English setting. Not to mention Bowerstone Old Town blantantly being what Lionheads' ambition couldn't achieve in Bowerstone South.

Fable II is a game that was more in-tune with its predecessor than any other, yet managed to seperate itself with a greatly different story and gameplay mechanics. I can only hope Fable III lives up to this!
(wings are gonna be awsome, I bet)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;367284 said:
I guess, you could say that. But I still don't think the feel of the series is definable.

o_O Uncalled for?

It could be, I wasn't sure. Reluctant was flinging around "faggish" and such with impunity. Does one obnoxious little **** deserve another? Not sure.

Caboose;367307 said:
Indeedy, to be honest the only real connection between Fable 1 and Fable 2 is the bombed out hall of heroes that gives you a vague reference to the Great-great-great-great-great-etc. Grandfather of the Fable 2 hero, other than that, and a few books and whatnot, there is really no solid foundation for the relationship between both games.

Thus, i agree with Arseface fully when he says that Fable 1 and 2 don't feel as if they're related.

/end rant.

I would argue your point about there not being much of a connection story-wise, but I'll just rattle off: Theresa, Wraithmarsh, Heroes.

But yes, most of the connection between the games is cosmetic and tonal-- not in the details of the game. Which is good. I didn't want a clone of a Xbox game on the 360. F3 will probably be much more like F2, which may be good or may be bad.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

The games didn't feel anything alike to me. I recently played Fable 1 and was saddened at how awesome it was in comparison to the 2nd one. I REALLY miss the old combat system. And the magic was absolutely terrible on so many levels.

But this thread is about wings. And if I can't fly, I don't want. If the good alignment wings look all pansy, then I don't want 'em. And if I can't hide them 100% of the time, I REALLY don't want them.

BruteMentality

Reaction score

Rukishou;362991 said:
"How could they include a dog in Fable II when there was none in the first game? That is so not Fable!" That's true, it's not Fable. It's Fable II. The same goes the guns in Fable II, did you not like them either? Maybe all games in a series should be exactly the same as it's prequels and sequels.

I personally liked the dog in Fable II (and Fable III) and the guns (not to say that I did not like the bows in the original game) and I'm sure I am not the only one; when it comes to Fable III and it's wings as well. They're just optional cosmetics as far as I know (mighty power displays, how can you not like?). If you don't like them, don't use them. If they don't have any other purpose, how are they any different than tattoos in the previous games? Purely cosmetic which some like and some don't. ^^

EDIT: Besides, what's wrong with JRPGs? As long as they're at least somewhat original, of course. :p
But People want change until they get it. Look at what happened to Jfk everyone elected him cause they thought lets change our world but as soon as he did anything they got scared and he was murdered

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

^ So, you're saying that JFK was killed by a mass of people who were scared about change? that's some scary shiznasticles.

grado

Reaction score

so pretty much you guys want fable 3 to be more like fable 1... but also its albion so i gues will powers would improve over time and make wings also it would be REALLY awsome to have them

Status
Not open for further replies.