• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wings!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Re: Wings!?

Arseface;363300 said:
But what about the part where he clearly states that you don't have to have them on all the time, you just push a button to whip them out.

5:14 in the vid you can see him walking around with folded up wings
in fable 1 PM said you will watch trees grow in real time, in F2 he said if you where a girl you will get pregnant for a while b4 haveing your baby...
if you can toggle them on or off awesome if not RAGE

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Aions;363295 said:

And then you see even more footage of characters walking around without them.

Also, I seriously hope I can get my female heroes pregnant. That would be hilarious, imo.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;363331 said:
And then you see even more footage of characters walking around without them.

Also, I seriously hope I can get my female heroes pregnant. That would be hilarious, imo.

yeah i saw that too, they might not have them yet or you can toggle them

ESRB wont let you, if youre pregnant and then you die that looks really bad, PM said it him self that why it was left out at the last second

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Aions;363308 said:
in fable 1 PM said you will watch trees grow in real time, in F2 he said if you where a girl you will get pregnant for a while b4 haveing your baby...
if you can toggle them on or off awesome if not RAGE

Yeah, but I think you're really just ignoring my point. You can turn them on and off (as both PM and myself said). The fact that you see them being on does not automatically mean they cannot be turned off. Use your brain guy.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Aions;363371 said:
ESRB wont let you, if youre pregnant and then you die that looks really bad, PM said it him self that why it was left out at the last second

Yes, but you never really died in Fable II, you kind of get knocked unconscious only to get back up a few seconds later.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;363381 said:
Yeah, but I think you're really just ignoring my point. You can turn them on and off (as both PM and myself said). The fact that you see them being on does not automatically mean they cannot be turned off. Use your brain guy.

Arseface is right there. There are as many images of wingless heroes as there are winged ones.

Rheckameohs;363388 said:
Yes, but you never really died in Fable II, you kind of get knocked unconscious only to get back up a few seconds later.

But still, I don't think they wanted to show a pregnant woman getting beaten up, let alone beaten unconscious. Even if it was the hero and it was a bad thing, it'd still be ****ed up.

And would probably raise the rating.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;363388 said:

I don't know if that's very comfortable with the life bar removed. Besides, I don't even remember what happened when you were defeated in Fable II (haven't played since See the Future DLC was released) but I don't think it bothered me that much.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Rukishou;363712 said:
I don't know if that's very comfortable with the life bar removed. Besides, I don't even remember what happened when you were defeated in Fable II (haven't played since See the Future DLC was released) but I don't think it bothered me that much.
the screen went mono crome and you fell down and you got a scar,
BUT if you have the knothole island DLC you could get rid of the scar thus the quote in my sig by TJ

Jackums

The Commander
Reaction score

I love the idea of wings. Insanely sexy.

It doesn't stray too far from the 'Fable theme', imo.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

But I think we've already established that given the two vastly different games which comprise the series, you can't really define Fables feel or theme.

WanderingWizard

Reaction score

Indeed... Though I do have to say tht, despite the vast differences in Fable 1 and Fable II, there's a very strong atmosphere about the game. I think it is the only game that is truly satisfying to play, in just has that air of a fable in every aspect, be it aesthetic, interaction or narrative.

We do have to bear in mind, however, that Fable is not so much a video game franchise as it is an art movement within the games industry. The Fable series focuses on inovation and granting the player a sense of control and power; I view Lionhead studios as Molyneux's elite force, as it were, trying to create something new, yet accessible. I think the wings are a nice new addition and it could add a little more depth to both combat and the feeling of power in accordence with your alignment.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Lionhead will never please me again. Fable 1 is my baby, and the others will never be like it. Wings? Retarded. Guns? Retarded. Time advancement? Even more retarded. The game's original time setting was great. Now it isn't. And it sucks. I want a time machine.

And another note on JRPGs, the most manly of men look like women.

Jackums

The Commander
Reaction score

Arseface;367142 said:
But I think we've already established that given the two vastly different games which comprise the series, you can't really define Fables feel or theme.

In both Fable 1 and 2, there has been an extremely noticeable theme.

I could play the first game, then the second, and know they were made by the same person.

As WanderingWizard said, the games have got the same 'atmosphere'.

ReluctantJake

Reaction score

I think wings are the most faggish idea ever. I mean -- how gay would it be to walk around as a guy with a beard with Tinker Bell wings?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Ok, so first of all, they're almost certainly not going to be "Tinker Bell wings". Lionhead, despite their faults, are good artists and will make something suitable to your alignment.

Second of all - they're not there all the time. They pop up at certain points in the game, but aren't constant.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I find myself saying this too much recently (so long as bats and balls aren't involved, anyway) Arse is right. The wings won't be frilly little Tinkerbell-style fairy wings, no matter what your alignment, and they won't be permanently out no matter how they look.

If you don't like them, don't pop them out.

On the other hand, and this I ALSO find myself saying a lot, Arse is wrong. There is a definite Fable-y feel. Of course, it's very broad, and has more to do with art styles and tone than what's actually in the world, but both Fable 1 and Fable 2 FELT, in some indefinable way, like related games. They were very different, yes, but also clearly connected.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Skotekal;367170 said:
Time advancement? Even more retarded. The game's original time setting was great. Now it isn't. And it sucks.

Thank You!

I for one am all about the wings, baby. How bad ass would it be to have some demonic bat wings ( If your evil ) and pummeling someone with your Mace? I think we should have an option to have them on at all times. ^_^

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;367243 said:
On the other hand, and this I ALSO find myself saying a lot, Arse is wrong. There is a definite Fable-y feel. Of course, it's very broad, and has more to do with art styles and tone than what's actually in the world, but both Fable 1 and Fable 2 FELT, in some indefinable way, like related games. They were very different, yes, but also clearly connected.

I don't really see that. I think we only see them as related because we all just know that they are, having followed Fable 2's development so closely, and with the subtle in game connections. That and they have very similar gameplay, but I don't think it should be judged on that if we're talking about "feel"

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Come on-- the art style in F2 was darker, I admit, but there were still similarities in the look of the games. There were similarities in the sounds of the games. There were similarities in the humor. Similarities in the... well, I can't think of anything else, but seriously-- the games weren't that much alike, but they were definitely related. You could see that they were the same style, even if they were wearing different clothes. The same family, even if they had different faces.

Okay, so I deliberately tried to mix a metaphor and it ended badly. But is what I'm trying to say comprehensible/sense-making? Vaguely?

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

ReluctantJake;367230 said:
I think wings are the most faggish idea ever. I mean -- how gay would it be to walk around as a guy with a beard with Tinker Bell wings?

fucc off.

the wings look awesome specifically the evil wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.