• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wondering How To Use Forum Come Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score
Project Ego Forums/ Any Old Forum For Dummies

Simply look at the diagram, find the thing you have a question about on the diagram, look at the number thats pointing to it and then go to the chapter (example the picture of the hobbe is number 6, Chapter 6 is how to use Avatars):

2iwav85.jpg

• Posting A Topic
Simply go into the forum which is what your topic is about (like “New Fable 2 Screenshots” would go in the Fable 2 forum) and press this button (which is located at the top and the bottom of the page):

• Changing your time
Very simple go to
t5o9wp.jpg
(located at the top of the forums), then go to
juh00w.jpg
scroll down till you reach Date & Time options. A hand tip if your city is not shown in the time options, simply choose the city nearest to you. Oh and the diagram above shows what the time is when the person posted the post

• Go To Another Members Page
To access another members page simply click on their name (3 on the diagram.) Once on the members page you can write a private message to them and find out about their personal life by clicking on ‘about me’ (however sometimes a member might want to keep their personal life private, and remain anonymous. Don’t be forced to fill this stuff in.

• User Title
Is object 4 on the diagram, your user title can be anything a quot from a film or a random phrase, however if it is something rude the moderator will likely find out and you will get a warning. To access this go to
t5o9wp.jpg
and then click
2zghggj.jpg
then scroll down and add what ever you want to say in the box.

• Rank
When you post enough posts you will reach a certain rank. They might have a rank for post and then a special rank

Post Ranks

villager.GIF
0 - 9 Posts
chickenchaser.GIF
10 - 19 Posts
arseface.GIF
20 - 24 Posts
apprentice.GIF
25 - 49 Posts
hero.GIF
50 - 499 Posts
champion.GIF
500 - 999 Posts
legendaryhero.GIF
1000+ Posts

Special Ranks

bandit.GIF
- Banned Member
bard.GIF
- Someone who often updates Fable related news
modder.GIF
– Person whom makes Fable mods
guildmaster.GIF
– Owners/ Administrators
townguard.GIF
– Super Moderators
gold.GIF
– Is a given when you donated to projectego.net ($19.00 US a year)

Avatars are a picture that goes below your name (object 6 on the diagram.) They can be any picture you want (unless it is inappropriate, which means it will get deleted and you will likely be banned.) In order to change your avatar simply go to
t5o9wp.jpg
then go ‘Edit Avatar.’ You then have the option to upload an image from your computer to use as an avatar, or use a picture from the internet. From experience I have tried using pictures from the net but they didn’t work, I recommend you upload a picture from your computer.

• Being Online
Object 7 on the graph show whether you are online or offline.

Object 8 displays your location. To change your location go to
t5o9wp.jpg
and then
2zghggj.jpg
and scroll down to location. Type your proper location or be imaginative :D

Object 9 displays the number of posts you have done. Don’t post random stuff though otherwise it will get deleted, and won’t increase your number of posts, at projectego.net though we don’t judge you by the amount of posts you have done.

• Rep
Rep (object 10 on diagram) is like the currency of good posts, when you like a post you simply click the square with a plus sign (12 on diagram) and you will receive rep. You will receive a pip (object 10) for every 100 rep you get.
Object 11 on the diagram is a way of contacting me, clicking on it will open a new window allowing to contact my e-mail address, for each e-mail provider there is a different icon:
im_icq.gif
Means you are contacting a member via their ICQ e-mail adress.
im_aim.gif
Means you are contacting a member via their AIM (AOL) e-mail adress.
im_msn.gif
Means you are contacting a member via their MSN (Hotmail/Windows Live) e-mail adress.
im_yahoo.gif
Means you are contacting a member via their Yahoo Messenger (Yahoo) e-mail adress.

im_skype.gif
Means you are contacting a member via their Skype e-mail adress.

If your hotmail client is not on the list contact the moderators, if the client is big enough they might add it in (cough! cough G-Mail)
To add your e-mail address below your avatar simply go to
t5o9wp.jpg
and then
2zghggj.jpg
scroll down and type in your e-mail in the right hotmail provider.

• Giving Someone Rep
Okay simply click object 12 on the diagram and a little bar will come up, and if you want you can add a reason. Otherwise I recommend you check chapter 10 for a more detailed description on rep.
  • Reporting A Post
There are many spammers out there, we MUST stop them,. If someone says a mean, racist, inappropriate and rude message you can just report the post by clicking object 13 on the diagram. Spam and advertising is also not accepted. You have 4 point warnings before you become temp banned and the ban will vary on the severity of the broken rule. However any Staff member can ban you outright or temp ban you if they feel its necessary without infractions. Oh and if you swear, it will just be censored out with "*"

I will say the f-word right now

**** :w00t:

• Signature
Object 14 on the diagram is a signature. A signature appears at the end of every post you post. You can have anything it, word, link and pictures. YOu have a limit to 2 pictures and ? limit to links. To edit a signature go to
t5o9wp.jpg
and then click 'edit signatur'e, type or link or upload a picture to your signature.

• Editing Posts
To edit a post first click object 15 on the diagram. Then edit your post and save (optional: there is another box ontop of the box where you edit your post, that is used for you to write the reason why you edited, btw that is optional.) Also you can go to advanced most which is pretty much same as edit mode except with font, size and smily options.:w00t::ninja::wub::realmad: BTW mods can edit your post but if you are a normal member you can't edit anyone elses. Tip: Don't double post (post 2 times in a row) people will hate you for it
  • Quoting Posts
Quoting is simply used, to reply to someone elses reply

Example:

Bob (starting topic):
I found out you can buy hobbe figurines at EB games

Jeff (reply):
maybe it's only at EB games

Bill (quoting Jeff):
"maybe it's only at EB games"
Nah they sell them at other shops now too

Okay, to quote someone, simply find the post you want to quote and then click object 16 on the diagram and type away.

• Multi-Quoting Posts
Multi-quote is fairly similat to quoting a post. Multi-quote is used to quote more than one person in a topic. It is simple, just click object 17 on all the people you want to quote except one, then with the last one click object 16. Voila you can multi-quote.

• Quick Reply
Quick Reply, is simply a less advanced posting tool than advanced post (No **** Sherlock.) Clicking Object 18 on the diagram will quickly scroll you down to the bottom of the page where quick post is. It is similar to clicking space bar.
  • Replying
Replying is when you write a reply to a topic, it can be anything appropriate.

• Object 20
Not much here folks, just shows when you posted, so i was the 11th to post,on this random topic. No for randomness kasaskljasfkldjlaksfdjlkasfj

CONCLUDE

I finished the hard part, now all ihave to do is expand

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Re: Wondering How To Use Forum Come Here

The only thing I really noticed that you got wrong were Guildmaster and Town Guard. Though that might have been because I didn't read it all that closely.

Guildmasters-- Projectego/Steve, Angel/Sharon, and Dark Drakan/Andy are just the staff. The big bad boss people.

Town Guards-- Tsuyu and Fablefreak are just Super-Moderators. Assistant Big Bad Boss People.

Very helpful, though.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Very nice. :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;208506 said:
The only thing I really noticed that you got wrong were Guildmaster and Town Guard. Though that might have been because I didn't read it all that closely.

Guildmasters-- Projectego/Steve, Angel/Sharon, and Dark Drakan/Andy are just the staff. The big bad boss people.

Town Guards-- Tsuyu and Fablefreak are just Super-Moderators. Assistant Big Bad Boss People.

Very helpful, though.

Nice guide and +rep for the effort and Walker is correct about Guildmasters and Town Guards. Ive edited that in for you to save confusion. Also edited the post ranks to the correct posts.

Soldier By Name

Expert door-kicker-downer
Reaction score

I'm glad a thread I made was the example here. lol Plus rep.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

oh. Isn't there a silver subscription as well? Shouldn't that be added?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

If I'm not mistaken the Silver membership was removed?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Maybe 10,000+ posts should be Deity? :D We`d have one.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

hobbes_pwn;208486 said:
(example the picture of the hobbe is number 5, Chapter 5 is how to use Avatars

It's number/chapter 6.

hobbes_pwn

Reaction score

lol sorry, but just a reminder please sticky :D.. Oh and i'll be working on part 2 tomorow, so expect it up the day after tomorow

P

P3NGU1N

Thanks for this. Didn't know what rep did until reading this. Was confused. Lol.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, everybody seems to get confused by rep. Every time we do it we should probably say "+rep, which is a textual affirmation of the fact that we mean to hit that shiny little bar graph-like button in the lower left and add reputation to this poster, this does not mean that we are just saying +rep because we like what was said, we are actually doing something else as well, really we are and if you don't believe me just go and look at that nifty Wondering How To Use Forum Come Here thread and look at that wunnerful diagram and it'll tell you and you know it's true because it's on the internet and Hobbes is telling you and Hobbes is really a famous philosopher with a notorious quote that goes something along the lines of "human life is nasty, brutish, and short" and I'm pretty sure that's why the Fable hobbes are called that, out-of-game at least, because they're nasty, brutish, and short, even if they are rather cute and should really be good for something other than stereotypical evil cannibalistic other sapient species duties, and yeah, +rep isn't just something we say, okay, got it?"

The only disadvantage to doing that is that it takes a long time and kinda detracts from the ease and speed of hitting shift-equals, space, arr, eee, pee to tell the poster that you're repping them.

(PS Ain't I hilarious?)

hobbes_pwn

Reaction score

yes nearly finisished.. sooo happy now i just got to expand it abit

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

I overlooked this, and it's a great idea. Thanks very good list of instructions.+rep^_^

MasterJh

Reaction score

Lol you showed me how to +rep so i thoguht i would +rep =P

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Quite possibly the single best forum post ever. Highly recommended, would read again. ^_^

B

Blue Will

I wanna be a bandit!!

Someone ban me? :lol:

:ninja:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Little late... But hey, it is stickied so I don't think it matters... So good job! Really helpful for the new members. Would have helped me when I first came here. :lol:

And I can remember there used to be a silver membership thing. I guess that it was removed then. :p

uchiha_1304

made in fable
Reaction score

Good Job hobes pwn and for the effort posting this +rep for you

D

DuckY

What about contributor? like skotekal has?

Status
Not open for further replies.